Riley Club table year of production ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by strobbekoen View Post
    How do i go about measuring pockets ? sorry for my ignorance. Took a measurument across the start of the slate fall.
    Pretty much just like that! Good effort! Definitely a match size pocket. The undercut on the rubber will make them slightly more generous but certainly not bucket pockets by any means!

Your cloth will be the 6811 tournament, that’s pretty much standard on tables these days. If you want a quicker cloth then I’d go for the Strachan Superfine or Hainsworth Match, but go with the tournament on the cushions!

Comment

My fitter, Erik Claes is pretty good. Has worked with World Snooker Services in Bristol for PTC events in Europe, although he might be rolling into retirement..
      What is the cost in the UK for a cloth replacement by a reputable fitter ?

Comment

Originally Posted by strobbekoen View Post
        My fitter, Erik Claes is pretty good. Has worked with World Snooker Services in Bristol for PTC events in Europe, although he might be rolling into retirement..
        What is the cost in the UK for a cloth replacement by a reputable fitter ?
        Looking at around Β£800 which I think is bed cloth and cushions? Mikee? What did you pay recently?

Where about a in the world are you?

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Measured ours today 83 mm, no under cut on the rubber, straight slate falls, and it's really, really tough unless it's pocket weight down the cush, especially now the cloths a bit older. No wonder even the pros that have played on it haven't made a ton, makes my 91 in practice almost legendary lol. Might have to have a wee think about this. I've gotten that used to them now going to 3.5 looks massive but what's the point in having a table that's harder than what pros play on.
            Thanks Steve for those pocket templates and Mikee for the help, much appreciated fellas.
            Just noticed on the drawings the pockets should be 3 1/3 at the fall.
            Last edited by itsnoteasy; 26 May 2022, 03:38 PM.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

It’s just what you get use to I suppose? I come back to my table after playing away and they look so small, yet I play better on my own table than I do down the club. Maybe you concentrate more when you know you have to be more accurate… but your right, it doesn’t really make sense struggling unnecessarily! I think it just a bragging point when you have people round! β€˜Oh well these pockets are the same as the pro’s use’, and then you struggle to knock in a 30 break and look like a right pillock!

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                Measured ours today 83 mm, no under cut on the rubber, straight slate falls, and it's really, really tough unless it's pocket weight down the cush, especially now the cloths a bit older. No wonder even the pros that have played on it haven't made a ton, makes my 91 in practice almost legendary lol. Might have to have a wee think about this. I've gotten that used to them now going to 3.5 looks massive but what's the point in having a table that's harder than what pros play on.
                Thanks Steve for those pocket templates and Mikee for the help, much appreciated fellas.
                Just noticed on the drawings the pockets should be 3 1/3 at the fall.
                Maybe worth opening your pockets just a little next time it’s recovered ,when you see the players slamming balls in down the cushion on tv it’s got to be frustrating when you can’t replicate those shots on your own table .It’s a hard game snooker ,why make it harder than what the pros play on .

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Looking at around Β£800 which I think is bed cloth and cushions? Mikee? What did you pay recently?

Where about a in the world are you?
                  Think it was

Comment

Steve , think it was 730.00 ,match on the bed and smart on the cushions ,the match is very thin but plays nice and fast

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                      Steve , think it was 730.00 ,match on the bed and smart on the cushions ,the match is very thin but plays nice and fast
                      That's the set up we have, I prefer that than the number ten bed and 6811 gold on the cushions we had originally. Don't know how long yours has been on but ours is coming on seven months now, still nice and tight and still nice and fast.
                      Going to have a think about the pockets, it is a very tough table, on first set up the fitters said we would have them back within a month as it would play to tough and it does but I've got used to it now so it's a big step to open it up.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

That's the set up we have, I prefer that than the number ten bed and 6811 gold on the cushions we had originally. Don't know how long yours has been on but ours is coming on seven months now, still nice and tight and still nice and fast.
                        Going to have a think about the pockets, it is a very tough table, on first set up the fitters said we would have them back within a month as it would play to tough and it does but I've got used to it now so it's a big step to open it up.
                        I guess that's gotta be great for your game if you have honed in on those small pockets. One small thing I've always thought about generous pockets is that they will still only save you on the odd shot or two. Still won't make a 60\70 break standard find regular tons.
                        βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

I guess that's gotta be great for your game if you have honed in on those small pockets. One small thing I've always thought about generous pockets is that they will still only save you on the odd shot or two. Still won't make a 60\70 break standard find regular tons.
                          I would say that's right, there are times in breaks you get away with one on some tables ,on ours any ball into an open pocket it makes very little difference, its as the angle gets more acute the more affect it has. it's not the size of the pocket only, it's that and no undercut, it's really unforgiving. Just shows you how good those top boys are.
                          On the bigger question of has it improved my game. Its a funny one, on my table, I feel I'm playing better but the conditions are so good, heated, good cloth, flat table, steel blocks, clean balls in good condition etc. Now when I go to a club( not slagging clubs here, of course a home set up will be better) I feel I have to hit everything so hard, the ball contact can be thicker as they aren't clean, which takes an adjustment but the biggest thing, especially in comps is loads of folk moving around, when your not used to it, it's very distracting, anyway that's all my excuses for being rubbish
                          Last edited by itsnoteasy; 27 May 2022, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X