No announcement yet.

Star Table Heaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive got one sitting ready to go. Any takers?

Comment

Ahh if only. One day.
      Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

id say the playing surface will be ok. Fairplay on getting your own table.

Comment

them other guys are just jealous throtts
          good luck to you!
          If you pay peanuts you get monkeys !

Comment

I do not think they are jealous , it is that in their opinion the star table wood is not to the same quality as the older tables , it has been covered in other threads that the reason these tables on TV have gold or silver legs is because the wood is inferior hard wood if you can call it that . I have seen warped cushion freize and coragated woodwork sprayed over with polish and that was on the TV !
            I have spoken to throtts in a private message after he asked for more info on the heating and explained that in my opinion the star table in commercial use would just not stand upto what the older tables of the 1900s would , in private use they would be ok as they would not get the abuse or recovers every 6 to 12 months that match table would require , I would also like to point out that the quality control and fitting of the TV tables is much higher than a table bought for the householder .
            [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

I think your missing the point, noone disagrees that the wood is not the same quality. he is not playing on the wood,i covered on other threads the reason why RILEY ARISTOCRATS had silver legs and STAR gold legs because they where both being manufactured in china and cracking coming over in containers. STAR tournament tables play as well if not better than RILEY ARISTOCRAT tournament tables so why are they not worth £9500 and riley aristocrats £12000 when they where used in tournaments if they where coming from the same place. I have also contacted trotts about the star heater system because it is second to none. I have seen warped cushion freizes on all tables not just on star tables. I also would like to point out all tables manufactured in the 1900s had their flaws with cushions etc so where do you win! quality control on all tournament tables on tv was much higher as in all sports. as you know 80% of tables in private homes are there for show not there playing abilitys. so if your into playing snooker throtts you won't get a better playing table .

Comment

Pays your money and takes your choice!!

Like buying a car, not many people will agree to buy the same one! We all want different things!
                Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Hi Guys, Star's are a bargain .

http://www.rileyleisure.com/store/sl...n/default.aspx

Thats strange.
                  JP Majestic
                  3/4
                  57"
                  17oz
                  9.5mm Elk

Comment

I think the point we are trying to make is you can a table every bit as good or if not better, quality than the STAR table for a fraction of the price. As for jealousy, not! I wouldn`t give a STAR table house room. £ 12k can buy you a lot of quality table and I`m afraid STAR doesn`t fit into that category. As pointed out you pays your money and takes your chance.

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                      Hi Guys, Star's are a bargain .

http://www.rileyleisure.com/store/sl...n/default.aspx

Thats strange.
                      i have a trade a/c for those!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

But they are UK manufactured so I have been informed , and use much better materials , BUT I know they are not worth £15000 for them , I could have a small extension on my house for that sort of money , in reality no table should be sold in this style for more than £7500 + fitting even if they are manufactured in the UK , the slates are around £600 from italy , the wood in raw plank form say £400 to £500 , the steels £350 , rubber cloth £400 , Spray polishing £300 , wood work and billiard labour £1000 , delivery £300 , balls cues etc £250 , lets say a cost of around £4500 to manufacture and set up in a Uk househld , that leaves £3000 profit margin .
                        This all points to one thing ....too many middlemen and endorsments take up a lot of the profit in a £15000 table and I think so many people think that a certain Brand name is worth a Premium of £15000 , if you paid £15000 for a new one how much do you think it will be worth on the second hand market the folowing day ?
                        we have had UK made second hand riley aristocrats sell for £5000 in steel block form , we also have one on Rental and if it came in and was fully renovated it would only sell for £6000 with the legs in silver , and I think at that price it is a better table than the Star

Now having roughly priced a UK made table up and you have to take into account they do not just make one table , they are probably made in batches of 10 , as no one is going to ship one set of slates at a time from italy to get them at the right price 40 sets have to be ordered . and if machineing wood it is better to machine 20 sides in one go rather than keep resetting the machine to do other parts and having to go back and repeat etc .
                        China should be able to half that costs and with shipping put out a simular product with the lower quality timber and slate for around £4500 + delivery and fitting .

I fully accept that china is the main manufacturer of Cue sports tables , and that when some are charging £15000 for a table in the Uk , then people will look for Value over quality , and I admit that the Star table based on what a UK manufacturer charges is a Bargain , but Not that much of a Bargain when you look under the skin so to speak .
                        as for slate Heaters and some being better than others , Heat is Heat it rises and the premium priced heaters out there are just not viable in my opinion , UNLESS they run on half the power of the oil filld rads , then you will at least eventualy get your money back .
                        Last edited by Geoff Large; 20 February 2012, 12:06 PM.
                        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

you'll not get a better playing table, and their not £12k if your looking quality antique furniture go to christies antique Auctions!

Comment

The last time they where used in tournaments they where not manufactured in the UK, whoever informed you informed you wrong!

Comment

It is also worth remembering that, unless you are a VAT registered business, when you pay 15,000 for a table you are actually paying 12,500 + 2,500 in VAT.
                              王可

Comment

i think i remember jimmy white saying at the shootout that the star tables where the best that he has played on.

Comment

Working...
                                X