No announcement yet.

Star Table Heaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny how tastes change. When Hendry was endorsed by RILEY the Aristocrat was the table. Now he`s endorsed by STAR. then STAR is the table. Me thinks a case of `he who pays the piper calls the tune` ! A bit like golf clubs. Whoever pays the highest sponsorship will grab the biggest name.

I`ve sold a couple of B & W tables for £ 25k plus. Somehow I can`t envisage a STAR or ARISTOCRAT achieving that amount. Granted they had an interesting provenance.

Comment

Originally Posted by s.h442 View Post
      i think i remember jimmy white saying at the shootout that the star tables where the best that he has played on.
      He did say that. I bet BCE Riley loved him .

And FWIW, its official. I stuck with my decision and the Star TC Table is ordered. Should be with me around March 20th. Have a set of pro 1g balls coming with it as well which were used at the Welsh Open. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for everyones help.
      JP Majestic
      3/4
      57"
      17oz
      9.5mm Elk

Comment

An aristrocrat with the silver legs can be snagged on the bay for just under 4 grand.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RILEY-ARIS...item4cfe203bb6

Now if i just had 4 grand, and a house to accomadate a table

The star tables really do look like cheaply produced crap, from what i heard the only reason star is being used is riley couldn't match the offer star gave to the WPBSA.
        Last edited by narl; 20 February 2012, 07:33 PM.

Comment

you should'nt listen to everthing you hear
          If you pay peanuts you get monkeys !

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
            An aristrocrat with the silver legs can be snagged on the bay for just under 4 grand.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RILEY-ARIS...item4cfe203bb6

Now if i just had 4 grand, and a house to accomadate a table

The star tables really do look like cheaply produced crap, from what i heard the only reason star is being used is riley couldn't match the offer star gave to the WPBSA.
            The riley aristocrat and Star are the same table apart from the silver legs and readed gold legs on the star. Also the arisocrat was made in china until recently.

Comment

You know I have seen a pattern with BCE who have the Riley brand too , they also bought out the crystalate ball company back in the 80s and sold all the machines to Aramith in Belgium for them to carry on making the crystalate ball under license for at that time price wise £120 a set , BUT they only had a 10 year contract with Aramith , after the 10 years was up I heard they tried to renew the contract , Aramith was having none of it and produced their own tournament ball in the blue and gold box which in reality is the Crystalate ball recipe , and they reduced the price down to just below £80 ... they have since crept back up a bit in price , imagine what price they would be if BCE still wanted their cutt out the sales .....£200+ a set ? , BCE sold all the machines so could not restart back up as they had been exported to Belgium .

Just maybe history has repeated itself with the Riley aristocrats that where made in china ( not sure all are as our rental one has made in uk stamped into the frame work ) , some say by star ? just maybe Star had the same idea as Aramith and cutt the middleman out .
              Last edited by Geoff Large; 21 February 2012, 12:17 AM.
              [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Originally Posted by CGQ View Post
                you should'nt listen to everthing you hear
                Well it makes sense, China has been throwing money at snooker for some time now, the games very big over there, cuemaking in asia over recent years has exploded. Snooker on the whole in the UK hasn't been doing very well for the last lot of years. The Chinese manufacturers have more than enough money to make deal's with the WPBSA to have their brand of table used for all the UK tournaments. It also makes sense that riley couldn't match the offer as snooker has been in decline here for some years.

Wouldn't suprise me if the WPBSA are getting star tables for next to nothing.
                Last edited by narl; 21 February 2012, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Star table here, it looks fantastic..

Getting on it tonight ..
                  JP Majestic
                  3/4
                  57"
                  17oz
                  9.5mm Elk

Comment

First session on table and can really recommend the Star, awesome.. Fwiw, I think it looks a classy piece of kit too..

All in all,, very pleased then.
                    JP Majestic
                    3/4
                    57"
                    17oz
                    9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
                    X