Other uses for table cloths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other uses for table cloths

Maybe a bit of a light hearted one but what uses has anybody found for old table cloths or offcuts of new ones? I suppose I ought to start the ball rolling.

My son took an offcut and stuck circles under chess men. It is a big improvement. I have a piece which I use to cover a table when we are playing cards.

It makes a very classy looking underneath for anything heavy that goes on a table where you want a non scratch base. Also a good lining for a box to hold stuff. I used to buy a brand of wine which came in cases holding 2 bottles. Lined with cloth they made a nice medicine chest and other things as well.

Snooker related glue some to a piece of balustrade to make a good table block.

There was an episode of porridge I think where somebody was escaping. The cloth went missing off the table and the guy made his break wearing a green suit rather than his prison uniform.

Any others?
    王可

Used a few old snooker skins to make some card tables.

Comment

Crumbs that was fast. They do look good don't they? Also a worn cloth can be more in keeping with an older table- doesn't look so glaringly repro.
      王可

Comment

yep, in the far distant past, I used an offcut for bases on some chess pieces I made, still got them
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

My tack bag which I still have is made from a piece of an old bed cloth, also have a couple of blocks covered in cloth which I used to use to rest cushions on when working on them.
          Billiard Fitters always have time for a nap!

Comment

Working...
          X