Napping block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
    If you really want to make it like glass, brush it, block it, mist it, then iron it twice. This needs to be done on a 6811T, a Hainsworth less so. Don't forget the half moon brush to get all the gubbins from under the top cushion.

The ideal block I have found through experimentation is about 18 inches long, made of a block of wood, and used double handed from baulk to top end. This means you just take four swipes of the table. Then stand at the top end and lean as far in to the table as possible, draw the block back to the rail another four times; it's the main playing area. The cloth on the block should be the same as the table cloth itself if possible.
    You should never wet a table with anything be it misting or a damp cloth.it will turn the chalk hard that gets under the cloth and shrink the cloth.

Comment

I never apply water to my table.

When ironing the cloth I keep going until there is no heat left in the iron.
      王可

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
        You should never wet a table with anything be it misting or a damp cloth.it will turn the chalk hard that gets under the cloth and shrink the cloth.
        Utter rubbish. We kept a shagged out 5yr old cloth going this way. It was as dead as a dodo until we misted it; not watered it. The mist only lies on the top and doesn't get underneath there's so little of it.

@philip, don't let the iron go cold, do half a table then reheat it, then do the second half. Ironing a table twice should involve four heats of the iron.

Comment

[QUOTE=Big Splash!;902724]Utter rubbish. We kept a shagged out 5yr old cloth going this way. It was as dead as a dodo until we misted it; not watered it. The mist only lies on the top and doesn't get underneath there's so little of it.

@philip, don't let the iron go cold, do half a table then reheat it, then do the second half. Ironing a table twice should involve four heats of the iron.[/QUOTE

Haha the great big splash speaks again your a total tool pal.

Comment

Learn your own language boy! Try working out how to use the quote function as well.

Comment

Boy haha don't give a toss if my grammar or wording isn't perfect and you can stick the quote button up your arse. Been on this forum long enough to tell who are the blaggers and bullsh**ers and you are both nothing but a keyboard warrior.

Comment

[QUOTE=Big Splash!;902724]Utter rubbish. We kept a shagged out 5yr old cloth going this way. It was as dead as a dodo until we misted it; not watered it. The mist only lies on the top and doesn't get underneath there's so little of it.

Utter rubbish right. If you read the full thread you will read that another member Geoff large probably one of the most experienced table fitters left in the country strongly advises against this but obviously he's talking utter rubbish.

Comment

I am not a moderator, but can't we keep the childishness off the forum please?

I don't use water, as Geoff recommended against it. I just brush, block and iron and do that very frequently. Also, if necessary I get the table recovered. If others use water, so what?
                  王可

Comment

I am a mod, please keep it in check fellas.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Do you guys use the napping block between match frames?

Found it really keeps the pace of the table up longer since we started.
                      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

Not in our league but they should. I suggested it once and they looked terrified. Lazy anchors.

Comment

I don't but I can see the advantage. As I said about my set up in China, if you had 2 blocks, so 2 guys could be doing the job, it wouldn't take long.
                          王可

Comment

If anyone needs a napping block, let me know, I've got some spare 6811T at the moment. The great thing about mine is that you get three workable sides, so you get three times the wear of a Peradon.

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
                              I don't but I can see the advantage. As I said about my set up in China, if you had 2 blocks, so 2 guys could be doing the job, it wouldn't take long.
                              I generally rush on and it takes less than a minute if you get a shift on and what a difference to keeping the speed up and the general look of the cloth.
                              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

I generally rush on and it takes less than a minute if you get a shift on and what a difference to keeping the speed up and the general look of the cloth.
                                Fitters won't do anything on a Star until mid-session interval. But they play on no.10 fast cloths, we don't. So napping between frames is a good idea. Napping on league nights is essential it seems. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X