Hainsworth Precision Cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hainsworth Precision Cloth

I've been using the Precision cloth now daily for about 4-5 hours per day and I have to say this cloth is absolute magic!

I had my table installed in early 2006 and have had 2 x 6811 cloths and then a nearly new #10 since then and with all of them they slowed down after a bit of use even though I would brush, block and iron them frequently.

However, with this Precision the speed has remained very fast and I've only brushed and blocked it twice so far after over 2 weeks of daily use, 4-5 hours every day and sometimes more if I have a student.

If you have your own table and want a cloth that plays the same or even better than what the pros have on TV with their #10 cloths and heaters and the TV lights then get one of these Precision cloths. They have a shorter nap and are very light weight at 20oz but the experience is amazing and I believe my game has improved since I can use a lot less power and therefore feel I'm getting more accuracy.

As an example, with my #10 on a straight in black where I have to screw back off the cushion with a little side I would have to hit it very hard to get up past the pink spot. With the Precision cloth the first time I tried this I ended up going in-off into the middle pocket at speed! With every screw shot I can see that slight hesitation on the cueball before it grabs and spins back.

With the 20oz weight I don't know if this cloth will stand up under club conditions but if a club has pros and really good amateurs practicing there it might be well worth consideration for the match tables.

Terry
    Last edited by Terry Davidson; 13 June 2013, 11:34 AM.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Great news, Terry. World Snooker just fitted my no10 as you know and even at only 2 week old you can see shadows on the cloth around the black spot and even actual wear on that black spot, cripes. I did ask them but they do not fit Hainsworth period.

Enjoy the play conditions, mate..

Thanks for the write up.
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

throtts:

I imagine WPBSA fitters are bound contractually to WOE and have to fit their cloths no matter what. I also found my #10 wore very fast and that is perhaps because it is really designed for the TV tournaments where they change the cloths frequently. I will never put a #10 on my table again unless I get it for free.

When it's time for you to re-cloth it may be prudent to consider using another fitter and the Precision as the experience is remarkable.

Terry
      Terry Davidson

Comment

Terry, do you have any wear effect on the cloth yet for example around the spots or the trails in the corner pockets?

Tom

Comment

Hainsworth Precision Cloth

I have heard that they are more resistant to these marks than #10 etc . so would be good to hear TD's review.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Tommy & DeanH:

I purposely went down and checked when I saw Tommy's post as I realized I hadn't noticed any wear spots around the black spot and I've confirmed this is so. I'm sure they will eventually appear but I do know they appeared in the #10 a lot quicker.

I use the table every day for 4-5 hours practice and also for students too and I do a couple of line-ups every day as a warm up, putting 10 reds between the pink and top cushion so that black spot sees a lot of activity. It's been about 3 weeks now and the cloth is still unmarked and still VERY slick. For me it's a real joy to play on.

Terry
            Terry Davidson

Comment

Thank you Terry for the review. That's exactly what I hoped to read from you! I'm about to order the Precision cloth for my table but it seems to be slightly difficult to get it here in Germany from a local dealer. Hope I can order the coming week and probably will put it on my table very soon after receiving... :encouragement:
              Last edited by Tommy68; 16 June 2013, 10:42 AM. Reason: wrong spelling...

Comment

Tommy:

Hainsworth didn't have a licensed retailer in Canada so I ordered directly from them via their 'contact' link. No problem, had to phone and use my credit card but they also declared it as wholesale value which save me a bunch as I pay 25% duty and taxes.

Terry
                Terry Davidson

Comment

My dealer here in Germany now ordered the cloth for me and I'm waiting for it to arrive...
                  It was a bit of delay coz he didn't have the Precision in his list. So he couldn't give me an answer regarding the delivery time...

Tom

Comment

Got my cloth today. The delivery was no problem and my dealer did a very good job.

The first impression of the cloth is overwhelming! What a slippery surface! You can't hardly feel the nap. It is very fine and feels great. I can imagine the speed of of the cloth just by touching it. I am very, very curious how it will play. I must say that Hainsworth produced a very high quality cloth there...

Unfortunately it will take some weeks until the recloth of my table. Will be a hard time playing and knowing that there is a very speedy cloth waiting for me to play on... :snooker: :biggrin:

Tom

Comment

So here I go! I got the cloth on my table and just played some lineups to get used to the speed. It's absolutely overwhelming! Never had this sort of accuracy and speed. The Precision cloth is so very reactive, so lively it's a real pleasure to play on!

As I got to the colours after potting a pink I lost position slightly. Cue ball was center table but straight in line with the yellow. So I had to screw back to get position on the green. Played with the action I had programmed in my mind and although I took back a big portion of cue power the cue ball came back to position the blue and not the geen. I totally overscewed!

The cloth is total fun and I never enjoyed playing like this. It surely will take some time to get used to it but this is a playing experience I didn't wanna miss!

Very nice cloth!

Tom

Comment

Tommy:

It's a real kick isn't it! This is the experience the pros get with the heated and new #10 cloths on TV tournaments. I keep my humidity below 50% using a dehumidifier and brush and block the table perhaps once per week and the speed has remained.

I've ironed the cloth twice but that was more to get rid of the wrinkles as Hainsworth says the Precision cloth doesn't need ironing however if I was in a humid environment I would definitely iron it too, just to dry it out a bit.

After 5 weeks of daily use I can just see a couple of wear marks around the black spot but they are barely visible and you have to look close to see them, so I think I'm getting better wear with this Precision as compared to the #10 I had on the table.

Terry
                        Terry Davidson

Comment

Just out of curiosity, how long should a cloth last, I take it they have an hour rate on them kind of like a light bulb, the cloths at our club need mowed more than brushed, the cloth nap seems very thick don't know what the cloth is called.
                          You lads with you own tables are very lucky I am extremely jealous.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Itsnoteasy: I had two 6811 30 oz cloths on my table. With 2..3 hours practise a day the first one lasted 3 years. Then you could see a heavy wear and hardly livelyness when playing. Should have changed it much earlier. The second one I ripped off now after 1.5 years as I had a bad cloth, not very fast, hardly reactivity. I heated my table and brushed/ironed very frequently in order to keep the nap flat and get some pace out of it. Now I very curious about the Precision cloth and the durability...
                            With the cloth like a horse blanket it is a known thing to me. In my club they sometimes brush against the nap. Thats where the horrible surface comes from...
                            (Btw. I only have my table because I managed to convince my wife when we build our house... )

Terry: yes indeed! I totally agree. I just stopped a 3 hour session of playing frames just for fun. It was a real pleasure and as you say a kicking experience! I played balls I never thought I was able to play. For example I have always a bit of a problem screwing back when using the rest. Today I took the rest and played a decent scew back with no efford. I stood at the table and could believe my eyes! I have video taped my session and on the records you can see hooks and bananas of the cue ball just like they do on TV. Amazing!

Tom

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              Just out of curiosity, how long should a cloth last, I take it they have an hour rate on them kind of like a light bulb, the cloths at our club need mowed more than brushed, the cloth nap seems very thick don't know what the cloth is called.
                              You lads with you own tables are very lucky I am extremely jealous.
                              Maybe Hainsworth Smart on you tables at your club..
                              JP Majestic
                              3/4
                              57"
                              17oz
                              9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
                              X