No announcement yet.

Hainsworth Precision Cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, the Precision is 20oz I believe. This was why I was concerned regarding wear, but I'm not seeing wear that is more than my #10.

I found the #10 got slower as it was aging. In fact I found the 6811 I had to play faster than the #10 after about 3 months of daily use. I've also heard a couple of ex-pros say they figured most of the pros preferred the Hainsworth cloths. I know Terry Griffiths used them exclusively at his club.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

The comparison of makes and models by weight is a bit difficult as the websites do not use the same units; we have weight per area (gsm) versus weight per length of roll (g/m).
      Strachan No.10 is noted on website as being 931g/m (or 30oz/yd) with the roll being 191cm wide.
      Precision (no weight noted on website) but Match is noted at 390gsm which equates to 13.75 oz per square metre on a 195cm roll.
      [sorry for the maths ]
      1) No.10 is approximately 487gsm or 17.2ozsm (Match is 390gsm or 13.75ozsm)
      2) Match equates to 760g/m or 26.8oz/m (No.10 is 931g/m or 32.8oz/m)

The Precision is probably a little lighter than the Match, and the long-wearing in both is probably due to the 5% Nylon included in the mix. So I would not say that the Precision is 20oz but "in the 20s". :-)
      The No.10 is known to lose its tension over time (sometimes relatively quickly dependent on usage) this probably relates to the slowness noted and requires a re-stretch to get performance back. The Hainsworth are not immune to tension-loss but often a lot less noted than the Strachan.
      When I get my own table I have been leaning towards the Hainsworth…
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I have been told that the table fitter will be here this afternoon. In the morning he is fitting a table near the Macedonia border. Once that is finished he should be with me.
        王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
          I have been told that the table fitter will be here this afternoon. In the morning he is fitting a table near the Macedonia border. Once that is finished he should be with me.
          exciting isn't it, getting so close hey Phil
          are you there in person - to be the first to play on it?

Comment

Yes, I am here. This is my summer holiday and I am enjoying every minute of it. My agent here has organised a coule of local heavies to help us move the slates. The frame is up and almost level so I can leave everything up to the fitter now.

When he has finished I shall knock in a couple of 147s. Actually the guy who will be playing here with me isn't very good so I might see if I can get a 155. 147s get a bit boring when you have done quite a few.
            王可

Comment

Hi Philip,

I just do the 147s now with the rest. May try to do a couple with the swan neck later. If I keep my head still it should be cool..
              JP Majestic
              3/4
              57"
              17oz
              9.5mm Elk

Comment

I do them all the time, a snip, easy....

then I wake up

Phil, don't forget new photos for your thread

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  I do them all the time, a snip, easy....

then I wake up

Phil, don't forget new photos for your thread
                  Haha, Dean.

Videos too, Phil, wanna see that Rolls Royce cue action too....
                  JP Majestic
                  3/4
                  57"
                  17oz
                  9.5mm Elk

Comment

I can't post photos. I am full! Nobody will tell me how to delete the early ones.

Slates are in position and the guy is coming back tomorrow to finish the job. So a nip of Rakia and I am for bed. I should be playing tomorrow. Where are my contact lenses....?
                    Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                    Haha, Dean.

Videos too, Phil, wanna see that Rolls Royce cue action too....
                    王可

Comment

yep understood, it has been asked many times but no-one has come forward with how to delete attachments on TSF accounts
                      why not use photobucket or some other such type site?
                      see http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...470#post634470 for instruction on how to display the image (not the link) by copying the IMG code.

Comment

It is up and the digital level, which will register to 0.01 of a degree shows it as dead level. I had the Strachan 6811 fitted.
                        王可

Comment

philip:

So now you can post some videos of that Rolls Royce cue action you have

Terry
                          Terry Davidson

Comment

I wish I could post pictures but I need to delete some first.
                            王可

Comment

I asked Ferret how to delete old pictures on here and he couldn't come up with a solution. This does seem pretty weird to me as those pictures are only eating up hard drive capacity on his servers. I have around 50 pictures stored so I'm near the limit too I guess.

Perhaps the only solution is to start a new account

Terry
                              Terry Davidson

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                                I asked Ferret how to delete old pictures on here and he couldn't come up with a solution. This does seem pretty weird to me as those pictures are only eating up hard drive capacity on his servers. I have around 50 pictures stored so I'm near the limit too I guess.

Perhaps the only solution is to start a new account

Terry
                                That doesn't sound good. Still no more pics isn't good either.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Working...
                                X