Playing on 8x4 table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing on 8x4 table?

Hi just wondering if anyone has had any experience playing on an 8x4 slate bed snooker table? Really just curious as to how easy or hard it would be to make breaks given the restricted playing area?I Am considering an 8x4 table as i do not have the space for a full size one but I am not sure whether i would just be better going for a 7ft pool table as I'm so used to playing snooker on a full size table it may just not seem right.
    " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

What is the size of the room it's going in?

Comment

I have an 8ft Thurston Jubilee table, good for practicing line ups but too small to play on as you would a full size table. I use full size TC's so make's the pockets tighter, when i switch to the pool balls i can't miss! Great for playing killer on too.
      No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
        What is the size of the room it's going in?
        Hi hopefully going to get it in a detached double garage of new house I'm looking to purchase so still unsure on exact sizes to be honest but it's a generous double garage by looks from outside.
        " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

Comment

Originally Posted by craig147 View Post
          Hi hopefully going to get it in a detached double garage of new house I'm looking to purchase so still unsure on exact sizes to be honest but it's a generous double garage by looks from outside.
          If it's a generous double garage, say around 6m x 6m then you might be able to get a full size in there if you don't mind using a short cue if the white is against the black or balk cushions. Otherwise a 10ft table should be doable. But really. You need to find out the dimensions of the garage before you make a purchase.
          Last edited by cyberheater; 11 February 2014, 08:26 PM.

Comment

You clearly cannot purchase a house without space for a full size can you?

Comment

say away from pool, unless you wanna be a pool player.
              i'd be going to a club and learning the craft there., and taking some lessons.
              Last edited by j6uk; 11 February 2014, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                say away from pool, unless you wanna be a pool player.
                i'd be going to a club and learning the craft there., and taking some lessons.
                Still play on a full size table mate and have had plenty of lessons in the past so not looking for anything to practice on or take too seriously i just won't have the space for a full size table so just have to look smaller.My local club ( Rileys) has also shut down about 2 years ago and only couple of snooker tables to play on in my home town now, tragic!!

Comment

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
                  You clearly cannot purchase a house without space for a full size can you?
                  Unfortunately yes, Arrrr if only the wife played snooker! lol

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                    If it's a generous double garage, say around 6m x 6m then you might be able to get a full size in there if you don't mind using a short cue if the white is against the black or balk cushions. Otherwise a 10ft table should be doable. But really. You need to find out the dimensions of the garage before you make a purchase.
                    Hi I doubt I will have more than 6m x 6m internally especially time I frame and sheet walls so very much doubt if get anywhere near a full size. Prefer using full size cues aswell so will prob only get 8x4 at best I would think, will definitely check dimensions before purchase, thanks for your comments.

Comment

well if your not taking it too serious, an 8x4 slate bed sounds great. i'd look into cutting just like a reily aristocrat, a minibar, your mates and the girls, could be a real nice little set up..

Comment

I have an 8 by 4 Slate table at home with Strachan cloth on it and play Snooker everyday on it with the Aramith 10 Red set.

I would of loved a full size table but didn't have room for it so the 8 by 4 had to do and i love it. More than does the job for me which does not affect my game when i play on the full size at the club.

Here it is here. Not top of the range but not cheap crap either. Plays really well.

IMG_0648.jpg

Don't know why it is uploading upside down! Grrrr
                        Last edited by Chappy5; 11 February 2014, 11:42 PM.
                        If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Don't the balls fall off
                          My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                          I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                            Don't the balls fall off
                            Ha!! I wasn't drunk when i took the photo either!
                            If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

So is that a special table for you lot down under

Comment

Working...
                              X