Putting a snooker table on the 2nd floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    Looks like a blue cloth with the cushions older than the bed.

Also, it looks like in the US they spot the baulk colours differently than the rest of the world

Terry
    Hi Terry

Bed cloth colour difference from cushions could be down to them turning bed cloth over during a stretch or reassemble ?

look at this Carom table I moved last year , when I reassembled it I turned the speed cloth over resulting in faded cushion cloth over good colour bed cloth , look down the photo's you can clearly see it

link to bed cloth turned .............. http://gclbilliards.com/carom-billia...rton-on-trent/
    Last edited by Geoff Large; 22 September 2014, 07:39 PM.
    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Yes, it is an older cloth. I wanted to play the table for a bit and determine the right type and colour of the cloth I wanted.
      I am a big fan of the cloth from the tables at the Crucible, that deep rich green.
      The Monarch cushions are in good physical condition so I wanted to play them a bit before I reclothed them.
      What do they use in clubs in the UK for marking the Baulk line and D.
      I am NOT a fan of the popular 'black marker' that many clubs use here.
      I used a flat chalk bar and marked my table last night, so I can upload a photo in the morning.
      Cheers from the Colonies

Comment

Originally Posted by roaster View Post
        Yes, it is an older cloth. I wanted to play the table for a bit and determine the right type and colour of the cloth I wanted.
        I am a big fan of the cloth from the tables at the Crucible, that deep rich green.
        The Monarch cushions are in good physical condition so I wanted to play them a bit before I reclothed them.
        What do they use in clubs in the UK for marking the Baulk line and D.
        I am NOT a fan of the popular 'black marker' that many clubs use here.
        I used a flat chalk bar and marked my table last night, so I can upload a photo in the morning.
        Hi Roaster, I bought a white paint marker for my table.. You can pick them up at an office supply place. Looks just like a tournament table. Check It out.

Last edited by lesedwards; 24 September 2014, 12:55 AM.
        " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
        " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
        http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

20140923_212107.jpg
          Nice Table Les. I would love a 12'.
          I like the idea of a marker.
          I have a chalk I got at the hardware shop.
          The lighting will be my next project. I love the look of multiple shape bar lights but I see the benefit of a canopy light.
          Cheers from the Colonies

Comment

Finally got it where I am comfortable. Scored a wall mount locking cue case and a 3 shade brass light for $100.
            A shop in town has moved from Pool (as in Swimming and Spas as well as billiards) to Swimming Pools and Holiday decor.
            I can't believe I saw Xmas decorations in September, what is the world coming to?
            Came home, mounted the case, which suspiciously is preset to hold only 15 balls on the shelves...hmmm.
            Then went up in the attic and wired the lights (I found 40" above the table in the IBSF regulations).
            Now, to find someone to play with...
            Cheers from the Colonies

Comment

pics please
              My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Mdddddddddddddd
                Finally got it where I am comfortable. Scored a wall mount locking cue case and a 3 shade brass light for $100.
                A shop in town has moved from Pool (as in Swimming and Spas as well as billiards) to Swimming Pools and Holiday decor.
                I can't believe I saw Xmas decorations in September, what is the world coming to?
                Came home, mounted the case, which suspiciously is preset to hold only 15 balls on the shelves...hmmm.
                Then went up in the attic and wired the lights (I found 40" above the table in the IBSF regulations).
                Now, to find someone to play with...
                Would love to see some pics. Yes that is always a tough one finding people to play with. Not a very popular game in the states and not much better up here unless you are close to the big cities. Send me a flight ticket and I will come down and play......😀

Comment

Been having a bit of trouble uploading pics lately.
                  Emailed an admin but haven't heard back as of yet.
                  A error code 500 something something...
                  Cheers from the Colonies

Comment

20141005_210448.jpg
                    Thanks to Ferret for fixing the upload!
                    Cheers from the Colonies

Comment

Putting a snooker table on the 2nd floor

nice setup there Roaster
                      what is the disc on the wall by the window?

Kermit and Miss Piggy?
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

looks great. well done.

Comment

[ATTACH]16996[/ATTACH]
                          Thanks to Ferret for fixing the upload!
                          Looks great. Love the locked up cabinet.

Comment

Am I off here Roaster, but is that a pool table, I only ask as I have never seen the markers along the cushions on a snooker table.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              Am I off here Roaster, but is that a pool table, I only ask as I have never seen the markers along the cushions on a snooker table.
                              Don't proper billiards tables have these ??

Comment

looking at the photo it is a typical american pool table design although they do use a snooker set on them now and again as we use pool balls on full size tables now and again .

and the reference to snooker table , did you know there is no such thing as a snooker table , snooker is a game played on a billiards table . and yes I know the oxford dictionary has snooker table listed but they are wrong , ask any old billiards fitter .

And no billiard tables do not have spot or diamond markers in the cushions capping wood , but they may have one dot marker on every cushion this is to inform the player where the swivel out chalk storage cup is below the cushion .

Getting back to the American pool tables , there are many western american photo's that have billiards signs outside a building so I assume in America early Pool tables halls where also called Billiard saloon ?

so as you can see in all cultures Billiards is the forefront game and every other game is played on a billiard table .

I often get asked what the difference between a billiards table and a snooker table is , I always reply there is no such thing as a snooker table and that they are all billiards tables and I am a Billiards fitter not a snooker table fitter.
                                And proper firms always use billiards after the name of the firm as they should do .
                                Now ask me the difference between an old pre 1890s billiards table and a modern billiard table ?
                                [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Working...
                                X