Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star table frame dimensions

Hello all

I'm a snooker addict and DIY hobbyist. I want to put together a replica of the star table for my personal use. Any one out there having the star table or access to a star table can please help me measure the dimension of different parts of the frame. i.e. what is the width and the thickness of the wooden boards used. the diameter of the legs and so on.

http://www.snookermania.co.uk/upload...08049_orig.jpg

Thank you for any one helping with even one piece of the measurements.

Looking good but you really don't need under table heaters.

Comment

Why is that Leo ?
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
        Why is that Leo ?
        Because the room is already heated you'll be wasting your time on silly table heaters,I've spent years on snooker tables and yet to play on one with a table heater due to the rooms normally giving out specific heat.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
          Because the room is already heated you'll be wasting your time on silly table heaters,I've spent years on snooker tables and yet to play on one with a table heater due to the rooms normally giving out specific heat.
          I don't think you understand the reason for using table heaters

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            I don't think you understand the reason for using table heaters
            Mr Dippy I do understand table heaters thank you and I'm yet to play on a table where the consistency of the room temp has effected the way the table plays hence no table heaters have been needed.

Comment

I guess all the pros have it wrong then, should of consulted you ehh Leo

Comment

I guess all the pros have it wrong then, should of consulted you ehh Leo
                I'm saying for years I've never once played on a table with heaters under the table and it hasn't effected the game play in anyway so in my experience surely I have a right to my opinion

Comment

I'm saying for years I've never once played on a table with heaters under the table and it hasn't effected the game play in anyway so in my experience surely I have a right to my opinion
                  That is your opinion fair enough, but you are saying there is no need for them, not having ever played on a table with them on gives you ZERO credibility because you have no idea what you are talking about !!!
                  I await my apology for calling me Dippy !

Comment

That is your opinion fair enough, but you are saying there is no need for them, not having ever played on a table with them on gives you ZERO credibility because you have no idea what you are talking about !!!
                    I await my apology for calling me Dippy !
                    JRC I'm not getting into a forum squabble over table lights old mate,but I'm 100% sure if you bumped in to me you would be very brave to ask for an apology off me.

Comment

JRC I'm not getting into a forum squabble over table lights old mate,but I'm 100% sure if you bumped in to me you would be very brave to ask for an apology off me.
                      I shouldn't have to even ask "old mate", you are in the wrong, keyboard warrior

Comment

Are you saying in a single table set up only ?

I.E In a big hall / arena the table heaters would make a considerable difference .

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                          Are you saying in a single table set up only ?

I.E In a big hall / arena the table heaters would make a considerable difference .
                          Yes neil in big halls like the crucible table heaters will be needed but in confined space it's different

Comment

The Pro's in the club i use have a Star Table in a private room and they insist on the heaters being on , i can only assume that the temperature in the room fluctuates.

Comment

Originally Posted by hsn View Post
                              Hello all

I'm a snooker addict and DIY hobbyist. I want to put together a replica of the star table for my personal use. Any one out there having the star table or access to a star table can please help me measure the dimension of different parts of the frame. i.e. what is the width and the thickness of the wooden boards used. the diameter of the legs and so on.

http://www.snookermania.co.uk/upload...08049_orig.jpg

Thank you for any one helping with even one piece of the measurements.
                              i think its safe to say that all new tables and especially chinese come with almost identical frame measurement. so just get a measurement from any table that is imperial sized slates and you r good to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X