My New BCE Westbury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Les how's it all going with your practice on the new table? Is your confidence back in shape?
    It's getting there...... I don't know if I will ever be as good as I think I should be but the table plays fantastic and looks even better then fantastic. I had Floyd Zeigler and Terry Davidson down yesterday. Terry loves the table and commented on how great it plays. Floyd really never commented on the table but he played about 6 games on the table with a high run of 98 so I would say he likes it.....LOL I hope to have Cliff out to play on it one of these days.
    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
      It's getting there...... I don't know if I will ever be as good as I think I should be but the table plays fantastic and looks even better then fantastic. I had Floyd Zeigler and Terry Davidson down yesterday. Terry loves the table and commented on how great it plays. Floyd really never commented on the table but he played about 6 games on the table with a high run of 98 so I would say he likes it.....LOL I hope to have Cliff out to play on it one of these days.
      Just keep at it Les it will come mate.

Comment

• My New BCE Westbury

ZF and TD commended
        approval indeed
        now Les just play and enjoy and improve
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Just keep at it Les it will come mate.
          That's what I keep telling myself. I sure put lots of hours in on my table and love it. 3 hours this afternoon. Big qualifier tomorrow which I have entered for experience. Both Floyd and Terry are playing. Terry is playing very well in fact I think the best I have seen him play in the two years I have known him. Last week he tied Floyd with high break of 71.

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          ZF and TD commended
          approval indeed
          now Les just play and enjoy and improve
          When Terry says it plays great he means it. Very nice compliment. When I start to play bad I have to stand back and take a look around at what I am playing on in my own home and say to myself there are millions of avid Snooker players out there that would give anything to have what I have so just enjoy it.

Comment

• there are millions of avid Snooker players out there that would give anything to have what I have so just enjoy
            exactly you don't have a normal club table, you don't play on a crap cloth,you don't have to book a table, you don't have the riff raff turning up next to you when you play getting drunk and smashing balls about like there's no tomorrow, you don't have to drive there etc etc

Comment

• Leo, don't you appreciate high spirits and a bit of local colour?
              王可

Comment

• So les ......Erm ........we want a new video mate

Comment

exactly you don't have a normal club table, you don't play on a crap cloth,you don't have to book a table, you don't have the riff raff turning up next to you when you play getting drunk and smashing balls about like there's no tomorrow, you don't have to drive there etc etc
                  Can always end up as a place to store stuff under if you don't love the solo game to bits though - I don't think you can beat the atmosphere of a club - but les has a bar and a widescreen no doubt.

Can I ask Leo - that star wars boy thing you have going on is funny - how do you get them on your posts near your signature - are they called avitars?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                    Can always end up as a place to store stuff under if you don't love the solo game to bits though - I don't think you can beat the atmosphere of a club - but les has a bar and a widescreen no doubt.

Can I ask Leo - that star wars boy thing you have going on is funny - how do you get them on your posts near your signature - are they called avitars?
                    Just search moving avatars and stick the URL under your avatar

Comment

Just search moving avatars and stick the URL under your avatar
                      Hey great question I always wondered the same thing. Well Terry & Floyd got through their first matches today but not me I went out three straight with a high break of 7. I am really starting to hate leaving my own table where I enjoy the game so much. Perfect tabe kept in immaculate condition, yes with a bar and a wide screen streaming live snooker. I can practice ours on end every day of the week. But sometimes I wonder what for. To run 7.

Comment

• That's why it's important to play at a club Les, yes folk can be annoying and the tables not kept up to the highest standard, and the music can be far too loud, but you have to get used to it, for nothing else so that you can learn to block it out, stick in , it will come.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• testing testing 1-2 1-2 2 1 2 2 1

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            That's why it's important to play at a club Les, yes folk can be annoying and the tables not kept up to the highest standard, and the music can be far too loud, but you have to get used to it, for nothing else so that you can learn to block it out, stick in , it will come.
                            It's not the tables, it's not the music, it's not the folk, in fact I have made a lot of great friends with some of the best players in Canada. I just cannot seem to find the game I have when I practice. I don't even look like the same player. I had company over last night and got beat by a guy that has not played in over two years. They must think I am a real looser. Big fancy case, JP Cue and cannot run anymore then a couple balls..... Oh but he did love my table and room.

Comment

• When you practice there is zero pressure, when you play somebody there is, simple as that

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                When you practice there is zero pressure, when you play somebody there is, simple as that

Yeah exactly . I play waaaay too much safety in league matches . I've started to play more attacking (got beat because of it) but it's the only way il improve

Comment

Working...
                                X