Pocket size for beginners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Chappy5 View Post
    Exactly what they are meant to be and that is bang on 80mm or very close to it.

The table used in the 2013 Goldfields open here in Bendigo was also this width and i have played on it and measured them!!
    Just checked again after a session and yes on my Star its set at 80mm across the fall. As I say , my Star is looked after by WS. I have seen the same fitters on the box fitting and setting up the Stars. I be booking them in soon for a Number 10 recloth and level check. See if I can pinch some templates, haha.
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

• [QUOTE=barrywhite;865944]
      Originally Posted by Leo View Post

They don't have handmade £1000 sets of arrows that give the pro players a huge edge. They don't have 'dart-builder'. How you gonna cope?!
      Well the darts I'm looking to get are £45 so not a lot compared. http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product...ducts_id=32513

Comment

• [QUOTE=Leo;865964]
        Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post

Well the darts I'm looking to get are £45 so not a lot compared. http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product...ducts_id=32513
        Got an uncle that is in his 60's and played darts since at school. He's played county and super league etc etc and still plays in the league now.

When I think I have a few cues it pales in insignificance; he has over 600 sets of darts.

Darts is very similar to snooker in it's discipline, we used to play for hours and hours, still love both. A little bit easier to get a maximum at darts though, nine darter takes some effort though!
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• [QUOTE=Shockerz;865965]

Got an uncle that is in his 60's and played darts since at school. He's played county and super league etc etc and still plays in the league now.

When I think I have a few cues it pales in insignificance; he has over 600 sets of darts.

Darts is very similar to snooker in it's discipline, we used to play for hours and hours, still love both. A little bit easier to get a maximum at darts though, nine darter takes some effort though!
          I was always snooker where many many friends were Darts. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever had even a 180 in Darts so I'll defiantly need to get some proper practice in.
          I think with snooker I've got to the level I always wanted to get at so it's time to try my hand at something new.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
            There's an argument over the definition of a game or a sport Ramon, I would say both tennis and snooker are games, not life threatening if it goes wrong, unlike motorsport or mountaineering.
            Some like to think they are engaging in a sport when they play snooker, thinking about calorie and fluid intake, but you don't have to go vegan and eat little pieces of banana when you play (Robertson) jesus that made me laugh when I saw him doing that, bet some dull git will copy him though.

The problem is the difficulty of snooker Ramon, most youngsters today give up all too easily, it's the education and parenting culture of no one is allowed to fail that is the problem.
            good post vmax. agree.
            btw, very nice video. enjoyed watching it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
              Love the darts, board at home. When snooker is stressing me out I love nothing more than throwing for a few hours
              I think one of the DART's advantages is, gonna cost you not mutch money.
              What you need is a board. which you can hang up in your room at home.
              and that is good news for people who have talent ( not peaple like me ) and want to practice that game.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Leo;865966]
                Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

I was always snooker where many many friends were Darts. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever had even a 180 in Darts so I'll defiantly need to get some proper practice in.
                I think with snooker I've got to the level I always wanted to get at so it's time to try my hand at something new.
                Once you get a 180 you'll get them often, like anything it gets easier when you get over the hurdle of getting the third dart in without thinking (lots of round the board shooting doubles and trebles was always good practice a few years ago).

We used to put small bits of paper in the treble 20 to get used to aiming small (should really try that in snooker pockets to get used to hitting off the jaw).

When you get really good I remember my uncle putting a match in the 11 and trying to light it! Can't remember if he did come to think of it.
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• [QUOTE=Leo;865964]

There will be someone with special flights made out of different materials by a legendary company. lol

Ramon, darts costs at the bar, because it's usually played in alcohol establishments where drinking coke/juice or water is frowned upon and thought of as gay. If I play snooker at the social for a few hours it's a few quid, just the price on a pint. Meanwhile the drinkers and darts players have consumed a few beers, spent more and left the place less healthy than when they started. Beer piles on the weight as well, darts players aren't usually athletic. And the mentality of the pub goers is somewhat different to the class of a snooker gent, well, some snooker gents. lol

Comment

• [QUOTE=Leo;865964]

Hi Leo, nice looking darts. Looks a great site to buy from as well. Check this out:

http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product...ducts_id=66213

I bet that's going straight in to your basket lol

Comment

• You could be right about the poor film Vmax, when filmed from the black end you seem to be able to see a hell of a lot of the middle bag and I don't think the bags would have been made bigger in the sixties as those in the know on here have said it wasn't until the eighties that bags were opened.
                      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 1 January 2016, 03:29 PM. Reason: Typo
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• [QUOTE=markz;865996]

Hi Leo, nice looking darts. Looks a great site to buy from as well. Check this out:

http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product...ducts_id=66213

I bet that's going straight in to your basket lol
                        Lol it seems better value then the slight right cues

Comment

• [QUOTE=Leo;866011]
                          Originally Posted by markz View Post

And about as useful
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• [QUOTE=Leo;866011]

What's the darts forum that you are on Leo? Hope it's allowed to be posted or I'll pm you, always loved the darts and be good to see if their forum is any good.

I've used the idea someone mentioned, I used to stick a post it note on the 20 just for an aiming aid, then I'd cut it smaller as I got better. Bit like an aim frame. Another useful tip was a piece of string down thru centre of board, middle of 20 bull and 3, helps aiming straight. Sorry for going off topic, no more darts from me.

Comment

• [QUOTE=markz;866015]

What's the darts forum that you are on Leo? Hope it's allowed to be posted or I'll pm you, always loved the darts and be good to see if their forum is any good.

I've used the idea someone mentioned, I used to stick a post it note on the 20 just for an aiming aid, then I'd cut it smaller as I got better. Bit like an aim frame. Another useful tip was a piece of string down thru centre of board, middle of 20 bull and 3, helps aiming straight. Sorry for going off topic, no more darts from me.
                              I'm waiting to be moderated into this one http://www.thedartsforum.co.uk/forum.php it looks pretty similar to this one. It even has "show us your Darts photos" thread

Comment

• [QUOTE=Leo;866016]

I'm waiting to be moderated into this one http://www.thedartsforum.co.uk/forum.php it looks pretty similar to this one. It even has "show us your Darts photos" thread
                                Cheers Leo, I'll try get registered. My first post, as a newbie is it sensible to open the trebles up a bit lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X