Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Leo;865941]
    Originally Posted by Ramon View Post

And you Ramon. I'm going to spend a lot of 2016 over on the Darts forum.
    There are sometimes disagreements which is normal ( it's a forum )
    I think a lot of members here are happy with your posts and so do I.So, try to stay with us and visit this forum.
    you'r a pain in the ass ( me either ) ,
    but as far as I'm concerned, many of your posts are useful.
    enjoy darts forum and hope to see you back .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
      Tight pockets and slow cloths, now there's a debate..........
      Like the 70s, add in the super crystallate balls and you could start a fight on tsf! lol

Comment

• [QUOTE=Leo;865941]

And you Ramon. I'm going to spend a lot of 2016 over on the Darts forum.
        They don't have handmade £1000 sets of arrows that give the pro players a huge edge. They don't have 'dart-builder'. How you gonna cope?!

Comment

• So the old billiard tables had pockets set at 3.15 inches, kind of puts into perspective Joe Davis' 600+ century breaks and one maxi compared to Ronnies 700+centuries and 13 maxi's.

I think Joe was just as good, just as fast, left and right handed too, world champion at billiards as well, much respect.

I don't think having bucket pockets will save snooker clubs in the UK, as barrywhite says it's the attitude of the majority of british youngsters that needs to change, snooker tables that go whizz, bang, booooom when you pot one might help

Comment

• [QUOTE=Ramon;865942]
            Originally Posted by Leo View Post

There are sometimes disagreements which is normal ( it's a forum )
            I think a lot of members here are happy with your posts and so do I.So, try to stay with us and visit this forum.
            you'r a pain in the ass ( me either ) ,
            but as far as I'm concerned, many of your posts are useful.
            enjoy darts forum and hope to see you back .
            The kids decided to buy me a Dartboard for Xmas so I might as well try and get back into it, and now ordered sky sports especially for the Darts premier league

Comment

• [QUOTE=Leo;865947]

The kids decided to buy me a Dartboard for Xmas so I might as well try and get back into it, and now ordered sky sports especially for the Darts premier league
              Ah, i did'nt know you'r good at it. I tryed once ( for the first time ). I could'nt even hit that board.
              I realy do'nt know how the hell those guys make 180 on that borad. realy difficult.
              Although, I heard that the game is about the same as snooker. you have to keep ur arm still and throw from your elbow !!
              anyway, wish u luck and see u back in 2016. make sum time for us . That would be nice.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                So the old billiard tables had pockets set at 3.15 inches, kind of puts into perspective Joe Davis' 600+ century breaks and one maxi compared to Ronnies 700+centuries and 13 maxi's.

I think Joe was just as good, just as fast, left and right handed too, world champion at billiards as well, much respect.

I don't think having bucket pockets will save snooker clubs in the UK, as barrywhite says it's the attitude of the majority of british youngsters that needs to change, snooker tables that go whizz, bang, booooom when you pot one might help
                quality,no fuss, no naughty snooker, just snooker

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                  Love the darts, board at home. When snooker is stressing me out I love nothing more than throwing for a few hours
                  Last edited by guernseygooner; 31 December 2015, 11:01 PM.

Comment

So the old billiard tables had pockets set at 3.15 inches, kind of puts into perspective Joe Davis' 600+ century breaks and one maxi compared to Ronnies 700+centuries and 13 maxi's.

to be honest, I think the problem is the image of the snooker, vmax.
                    I mean When you talk about tennis, everyone regards it as a professional sport.
                    many people those days consider snooker as a hobby an not as a professional sport. ( not talking about members of this forum , but in general ).

Comment

• Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                      Love the darts, board at home. When snooker is stressing me out I love nothing more than throwing for a few hours
                      Defiantly mate that's what I'm really looking forward to, just got to go out tomorrow to buy a surround for it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
                        Like the 70s, add in the super crystallate balls and you could start a fight on tsf! lol
                        You use 16 oz gloves cus they're bigger and I'll use 8oz cuz they're faster.
                        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Are those pockets just over three inches? The middle bags look huge.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• [QUOTE=Leo;865947]

I used to play a fair bit of darts. That treble 20 should be bigger, what do you think? Nah.....just kidding.

Stay on the forum mate, it's good to have an opinion, that's what makes a debate......
                            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              Are those pockets just over three inches? The middle bags look huge.
                              Looking at the thumbnail it looks quite narrow, old picture, lots of shadows, who knows, but this was 1962, Joe was 60 years old and been retired for 10 years, maybe the cut of the pockets had changed by then but he did all his stuff on billiard tables in the 20's 30's & 40's.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                                to be honest, I think the problem is the image of the snooker, vmax.
                                I mean When you talk about tennis, everyone regards it as a professional sport.
                                many people those days consider snooker as a hobby an not as a professional sport. ( not talking about members of this forum , but in general ).
                                There's an argument over the definition of a game or a sport Ramon, I would say both tennis and snooker are games, not life threatening if it goes wrong, unlike motorsport or mountaineering.
                                Some like to think they are engaging in a sport when they play snooker, thinking about calorie and fluid intake, but you don't have to go vegan and eat little pieces of banana when you play (Robertson) jesus that made me laugh when I saw him doing that, bet some dull git will copy him though.

The problem is the difficulty of snooker Ramon, most youngsters today give up all too easily, it's the education and parenting culture of no one is allowed to fail that is the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X