Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is it to recloth a snooker table and who does it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is it to recloth a snooker table and who does it?

How much is it to recloth a snooker table and who does it? I leave in st ives about 5-10 mins from Cambridge

Originally Posted by johnnymul92 View Post
    How much is it to recloth a snooker table and who does it? I leave in st ives about 5-10 mins from Cambridge
    Geoff Large on here may do it, message him. Our local fitter does a Strachan 6811 T for 375, on the high side IMO but there you go.

Comment

Is that just fitting Barry? You supply the cloth.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        Is that just fitting Barry? You supply the cloth.
        No, that included the cloth but the 375 deal was only after we quoted to him this price from a rival fitter; otherwise it would have been the 500 he charged last time, the dodgy rat. So it pays to shop around and get some quotes and sort yourself the best deal you can. The cloth costs about 190 I'm told. It's about 4hrs work, including filling any holes/cracks with plaster. Old slates on antique tables. lol

A Hainsworth cloth fitted was quoted ten quid cheaper. Faster cloth but only lasts 12mths. A 6811 needs brush/block/ironing a lot to work as fast as the Hainsworth Match cloth but it lasts 18mths if you're gentle with it. Don't get a Hainsworth if you've got scuffers in your club, they'll put holes in it like swiss cheese. It's thinner than the 6811. Another thing is that our fitter says the cloth is ready to tear as they use mechanical teasers at Hainsworth to produce the nap whereas Strachan still use thistles apparently. Don't know if he was just spinning a yarn (pun intended).
        Last edited by barrywhite; 23 January 2016, 08:48 PM.

Comment

That's cheap mate, the cloth won't be far off half that price, even if it's just the bed cloth and not cushions.
          Sorry just realised you know the price of the cloth lol .
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            That's cheap mate, the cloth won't be far off half that price, even if it's just the bed cloth and not cushions.
            Sorry just realised you know the price of the cloth lol .
            that is very cheap. too cheap
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

what weight is that? 32oz 6811 T cloth is 204.01 at trade plus deliver plus vat. = £265 ish just for the cloth... £375 fitted is a great price.

Comment

It's more likely 375 labour not Inc cloth mun.

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                  It's more likely 375 labour not Inc cloth mun.
                  More likely. or is is a cheaper cloth.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    what weight is that? 32oz 6811 T cloth is 204.01 at trade plus deliver plus vat. = £265 ish just for the cloth... £375 fitted is a great price.
                    He's getting it for 190 bud. He used to be a WS fitter/Riley fitter so he probably gets special deals from Strachan for decades of loyalty or summat. God knows. Anyway, 375 is good, better than the 500 he used to charge. 185 is still good for 4hrs work. His undercut is ok, a bit so so in places. He isn't as good as he was a decade ago, but it's acceptable quality. He turns up and restretches it after six months for 80 quid which does need to be done. So the total price is 455 providing the scuffers don't swiss cheese it with a lack of leather on their ferrules. Ah, those hammering idiots, they do my nut in. I will have them banned soon enough. I don't like folk who treat cloth like a piece of ****. It's pure West of England wool for gods sake, like a Saville row suit. Not that they'd wear one! :biggrin-new:

Comment

More likely. or is is a cheaper cloth.
                      Nope, the total cost is 375, I know who signed the cheque for the club! And I watched it fitted to make sure it was done right and it's a pure wool 6811 T and it says so all down the side of the cloth, you can't fake that, well, not easily. The old one came off and it's a dust cover at my house now, after it was cold washed in a trug; too big for the washing machine. lol

Our fitter does a number of local clubs and he prefers to only fit 6811 T or no.10, he hates Hainsworth. He always cuts a strip of the name off and staples it to the canopy to prove he's fitted what he considers to be the best. Strachan 6811 T Genuine Cloth.

Comment

Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
                        He's getting it for 190 bud. He used to be a WS fitter/Riley fitter so he probably gets special deals from Strachan for decades of loyalty or summat. God knows. Anyway, 375 is good, better than the 500 he used to charge. 185 is still good for 4hrs work. His undercut is ok, a bit so so in places. He isn't as good as he was a decade ago, but it's acceptable quality. He turns up and restretches it after six months for 80 quid which does need to be done. So the total price is 455 providing the scuffers don't swiss cheese it with a lack of leather on their ferrules. Ah, those hammering idiots, they do my nut in. I will have them banned soon enough. I don't like folk who treat cloth like a piece of ****. It's pure West of England wool for gods sake, like a Saville row suit. Not that they'd wear one! :biggrin-new:
                        If he is getting it for £190 is is a cheaper lighter version - the trade price is the trade price mate. the cheapest T cloth is the 29oz and it is £174.69 plus vat plus delivery at trade.

Comment

If he is getting it for £190 is is a cheaper lighter version - the trade price is the trade price mate. the cheapest T cloth is the 29oz and it is £174.69 plus vat plus delivery at trade.
                          Nope, it's a 30oz for sure, I saw it before it was fitted. All I can say is that he said it costs 190, don't know about vat or if he's vat registered. Whether has was right, don't know. But he fits a lot of these cloths as his business, as former WS and Riley's business. Doesn't matter, it's 375 fitted and that's a 125 saving from the last one.

So, to the original OP, shop around, get some quotes.

Comment

I can only give you the price that is costs at trade - and that is fixed for all suppliers - of which I am one!

Comment

I can only give you the price that is costs at trade - and that is fixed for all suppliers - of which I am one!
                              I didn't realise you'd branched out into table fitting. lol

Anyway, it's a genuine 30oz fitted for 375 but someone oop north said they could get one fitted for less, more like 300. Can't remember who it was though.

If the OP can get one fitted for less than 400, he's doing ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X