Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is it to recloth a snooker table and who does it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
    I didn't realise you'd branched out into table fitting. lol

Anyway, it's a genuine 30oz fitted for 375 but someone oop north said they could get one fitted for less, more like 300. Can't remember who it was though.

If the OP can get one fitted for less than 400, he's doing ok.
    I don't fit them fella but I supply to lots of people who do!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
      Fitters will come to you rather than go direct, seriously? Why, surely that's more expensive if they're going through hundreds of cloths per year, or are you supplying to Joe Bloggs doing his own table rather than WS/Riley's fitters?

Comment

I was very lucky. I paid £225 for a brand new Hainsworth Precision cloth bed & cushions & had it fitted for £175 so £400 all in.

Comment

Was that cushions as well T&T, who did that for you? Our club supplies the cloth and it's £ 400 a table.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            Was that cushions as well T&T, who did that for you? Our club supplies the cloth and it's £ 400 a table.
            Do you mean £400 just to fit the cloth per table !!
            I think that you are getting ripped off

Comment

Aye that's what the owner told me. Well his exact words were ,it's £2500 pound to get the match tables done, there are four match tables so that's roughly £225 for the cloth so £400 for the fitting, although I did work that bit out myself he didn't break it down.
              Last edited by itsnoteasy; 24 January 2016, 12:28 PM.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                Professional fitters will buy them direct themselves.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  Yes new Hainsworth Precision bed & cushions all in £225. Was from a supplier in Singapore. I then paid direct into Hainsworth account.

Comment

Originally Posted by Triedandtested View Post
                    Yes new Hainsworth Precision bed & cushions all in £225. Was from a supplier in Singapore. I then paid direct into Hainsworth account.
                    Buying abroad! I wonder if our fitter is doing the same to get a 6811T cheaper? 225 for a precision seems like a bargain given its the best cloth on the planet. The fastest cloth (due to being made out of Italian Merino not West of England wool) and it doesn't even need a heated table like no.10 does in tournaments. Such a shame WS have signed an exclusive contract with Strachan and the players have to put up with heated tables, excess heat and kicks due to heat.

Comment

I think you may find that the wool used in making both Hainsworth and Strachan cloth comes from Australia. Merino is the breed of sheep. West of England refers to the area where the wooden mills were, not the wool. Sometimes people may refer to 'Bristol' cloth. As for precision being the best cloth that is a matter of opinion. The pros I've heard feedback from don't like it.

Comment

Buying abroad! I wonder if our fitter is doing the same to get a 6811T cheaper? 225 for a precision seems like a bargain given its the best cloth on the planet. The fastest cloth (due to being made out of Italian Merino not West of England wool) and it doesn't even need a heated table like no.10 does in tournaments. Such a shame WS have signed an exclusive contract with Strachan and the players have to put up with heated tables, excess heat and kicks due to heat.

Hainsworth used to supply World Snooker and maybe they will again, if they go for and win the contract the next time it is up for tender
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          Hainsworth used to supply World Snooker and maybe they will again, if they go for and win the contract the next time it is up for tender
                          I hope so mate, it will save snooker clubs a fortune in pointless table heaters/lecky that are only required if you go no.10 or 6811T.

If you go Pro Precision, you don't need heaters = less kicks and a less stuffy room where you can't bloody breath, especially in Summer. The pros have enough heat from the lights, bingo sweats like a bucket. Just not needed.

Comment

The fitters won't get it that cheap Barry.

I've owned most strachans including No10 and my Precision is by far the best. I didnt really rate the 10 no did my fitter neither. I would go as far as saying the tournament gold I had was actually better then the No10, but again you can be lucky or unlucky when it come to strachans.

Comment

I hope so mate, it will save snooker clubs a fortune in pointless table heaters/lecky that are only required if you go no.10 or 6811T.

If you go Pro Precision, you don't need heaters = less kicks and a less stuffy room where you can't bloody breath, especially in Summer. The pros have enough heat from the lights, bingo sweats like a bucket. Just not needed.
                              I don't know about the less kicks and no need for heaters. The only person I know for sure who has for definite used both types of cloth is Terry D, so hope he comes on with his experience with both cloths in the same controlled environment.
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I would not pay too much attention to that demonstration of ball roll
                                you can plainly see that the cloth on the left has not been brushed blocked or ironed as too many finger marks in the cloth while the one on the left shows very little marks
                                Hainsworth has been trying for years to gain the title of best cloth , it is good cloth but so is Strachan West of England , as for marino wool I was informed many years ago when I toured around the Strachan mills that all the wool comes from Australia and the sheep breed is Marino

read link below

http://www.snookerheritage.co.uk/art...illiard-cloth/
                                [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Working...
                                X