http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...based+holidays
    王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
      If you are as keen as that, I'll do you a special rate:

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...based+holidays
      Thanks anyway mate but china is a long way to go for daily practice lol

Comment

Had another thought maybe geoff could answer how much room do you need to work round installation of the table at the baulk cushion?

I'm thinking my room could actually table the table but with extremely limited access to the baulk end bear in mind purpose of my table is not to have friends round and play its for working on scoring solo practice so this wont really bother me too much just might be an easier way rather than butchering the table.

Comment

Not the idea at all. I am now in Bulgaria. The idea is an intensive week or 10 days with no distractions and unlimited table time.
          王可

Comment

I have to say, I think this is a fantastic idea. If manufacturers realised there's a market for something like this they'd sell them like hot cakes.

Comment

Originally Posted by Looter View Post
              I have to say, I think this is a fantastic idea. If manufacturers realised there's a market for something like this they'd sell them like hot cakes.
              You know to be honest I thought folk were going to laugh at me or think I'm nuts not that I care about that anyways my main concern is I want to get my game improving and dont care what no one thinks but the amount of folk who have said to me what a great idea I was like really you think lol.

It makes sense snooker players do all the damage in an area 6x6 why should we be subject to the full constraints of our game pool players and darts players can easily get set up at home and then are able to work on their game with this idea snooker players could too.

I've also had a thought that my room can take the full table but I wouldnt have access to the baulk cushion at all really I dont think a fitter would need much space to get the cush on and the bolts on so i would only leave literally that much room at the top of the table this way i can practice all the mid range shots and colours clearances also cos its a full size table without the long game then but the 6x6 theory is still a brilliant back up idea if i cant get the 12ft table in for whatever reason.

Comment

Your enthusiasm is touching. I think the idea of any snooker tables selling "like hot cakes" is, perhaps rather naive.
                王可

Comment

Your enthusiasm is touching. I think the idea of any snooker tables selling "like hot cakes" is, perhaps rather naive.
                  Yeah i hate to say I agree with Philip on this one, the glory days of our sport are in the past but at least us die hards still love the game enough for everyone.

Comment

Maybe you're right, it would only be Derek and I buying them!

Comment

I could lend you a circular saw.
                      王可

Comment

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
                        You know to be honest I thought folk were going to laugh at me or think I'm nuts ...
                        your joined the right forum
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
                          I've decided I'm doing this. I want to be a century break player and I've got more than enough hunger to practice 4-5 hours a day I love the game but I don't love paying 7.50 an hour to play on crap club tables I'll never get as good as I could be with access to my own table set up to a nice tournament spec, ok yeah I'll only have half a table but the principle of what I'm trying to work on is get sufficient at scoring round the black to end frames in one visit so 6x6 is all i really need at this stage.

I have a joiner who's agreed to butcher the frame.
                          I have a fitter who will make the table playable once joiner has finished.
                          I have a mate with a van to go pick it up.

Ebay for the table.

What do i need to consider here please from fitters and anyone else who's put up a table?
                          In terms of what to be careful of in transit and any special considerations i need to make for my now dorment front room which is going to become a practice snooker room the time being.
                          Hi Derek i was womdering of hiring a unit close to my work and bying a full size table it might be worth while for you looking at that avenue there are plenty of units for lease all you would need is few palls to chip in rent money
                          Current playing cue Trevor White
                          3/4 ash cue

Comment

Before you go the ebay route, see what Geoff has available. He sometimes has tables which are free if you collect.
                            王可

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
                              Hi Derek i was womdering of hiring a unit close to my work and bying a full size table it might be worth while for you looking at that avenue there are plenty of units for lease all you would need is few palls to chip in rent money
                              Heard Maguire has his table in a unit also.
                              Where were you looking at mate? I'm in barrhead and work in Paisley any suggestions close to me for units?

Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
                                two end parts of frame and corner legs , side of frame cut down to fit and adjustable slate supports made

two end slates joined together will make a 73.5 inch by 58 inch slate bed table

only 4 corner pockets though

two end cushions will still bolt straight on

the side cushions will need to be cut down and a new corner angle made to one end and drilled out for pocket plate

side cushions will have to have some bolt holes plugged and re-drilled .

the table will be very heavy and still not be able to move it around , it will be a permanent fixture not to be moved unless dismantled and erected again like a full size table .
                                Could you please add to this thread again when you get a moment Geoff?
                                Do you have any tables going for sale or collection at the moment?

And also how much room would I need as a minimum around a table to fit it not neccessarily to play from the baulk end I'm only looking to practice line up's and scoring around the black on this table and I know the room isn't big enough to fit the full table for playing but instead of going the 6x6 route i could make things simpler and just stick the full table in the room is 16 feet long so I would have enough room to walk around the black spot end but just wondering what access is needed for fitting at the baulk cushion?

Comment

Working...
                                X