6 x 6 practice table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 x 6 practice table

Does such a thing exist or do you think it could be easily made?

I'm talking about having something for home use which you could potentially use to work on your short game with slate bed, full size balls, proper cloth, steel blockers etc if you wanted it?

Space is at a premium at home for most of us players I wondered if such a thing existed or anyone has ever set this up?

Here you go Derek, this was asked by a friend of mine a while back. Here's the thread:

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...er-table/page2

Comment

in the past it has been discussed to have a table of just the top half, black and pink spots and maybe just a bit more to include the middle pockets as well; now I think Geoff mentioned a company made these as a custom order back in the olden days; but today would be a special order by a maker/fitter; IIRC maryfield mentioned how it possibly could be done.

well done Markz, I was going to do a search just then as well
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        in the past it has been discussed to have a table of just the top half, black and pink spots and maybe just a bit more to include the middle pockets as well; now I think Geoff mentioned a company made these as a custom order back in the olden days; but today would be a special order by a maker/fitter; IIRC maryfield mentioned how it possibly could be done.

well done Markz, I was going to do a search just then as well
        Amazing how we remember some of these threads, search function is great, most the best posts were years ago lol

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
          Amazing how we remember some of these threads, search function is great, most the best posts were years ago lol
          Yep, if you look at page 1 posting there is the best joke ever on TSF

DerekP, look on page one of the linked thread as well, there is another link to another previous discussion of this subject, all good info
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks lads I knew I couldnt have been the only snooker loopy nutter to think of this round these parts lol.

The other thot I had was getting an old 8x4 slate bed table off ebay cheap as chips and get the fitter to stick a decent cloth on it and template the bags then just play on it sideways basically to work on the corner bags of the black only in theory your potting over a farther distance so you would potentionally be more accurate on the 12x6 table however the middle bag would then be below the black spot and get in the way for position.

6x3 seems too small to play sideways even tho its the correct size playing surface wise horizontally but you face same problems with middles obstructing you whatever way i think you need to do a custom job on something.

Comment

So basically all I need is an old riley club table off ebay to butcher and a good fitter?

Am I right?

Comment

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
                So basically all I need is an old riley club table off ebay to butcher and a good fitter?

Am I right?
                That's all from what Geoff Large said in the link I shared. He says two slates would get you 4 corner pockets 6x6, he says more work trying to make 2 corners 2 middle pockets.

Comment

6 x 6 practice table

I am also thinking of this, the rails need to be chopped if you want to lose one slate.

think it would be a though DIY job

I am very interested how it would be done

Comment

two end parts of frame and corner legs , side of frame cut down to fit and adjustable slate supports made

two end slates joined together will make a 73.5 inch by 58 inch slate bed table

only 4 corner pockets though

two end cushions will still bolt straight on

the side cushions will need to be cut down and a new corner angle made to one end and drilled out for pocket plate

side cushions will have to have some bolt holes plugged and re-drilled .

the table will be very heavy and still not be able to move it around , it will be a permanent fixture not to be moved unless dismantled and erected again like a full size table .
                    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

It would need a lot of thought, but I should think a competent joiner could do something with 3 slates.
                      王可

Comment

3 slates you may as well just buy a 9ft by 4ft 6 table
                        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Asked one fitter in Glasgow and he says no chance sounds like a nightmare job.

I know I can get a table easy and cheap enough so next challenge is finding someone brave enough who’s local to attempt it lol

Comment

He would know. I suppose it looks straightforward to me because I am no tradesman!
                            王可

Comment

I've decided I'm doing this. I want to be a century break player and I've got more than enough hunger to practice 4-5 hours a day I love the game but I don't love paying 7.50 an hour to play on crap club tables I'll never get as good as I could be with access to my own table set up to a nice tournament spec, ok yeah I'll only have half a table but the principle of what I'm trying to work on is get sufficient at scoring round the black to end frames in one visit so 6x6 is all i really need at this stage.

I have a joiner who's agreed to butcher the frame.
                              I have a fitter who will make the table playable once joiner has finished.
                              I have a mate with a van to go pick it up.

Ebay for the table.

What do i need to consider here please from fitters and anyone else who's put up a table?
                              In terms of what to be careful of in transit and any special considerations i need to make for my now dorment front room which is going to become a practice snooker room the time being.

Comment

Working...
                              X