Snooker room floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker room floor

Just building a snooker room.. the base is a concrete slab but still undecided on floor structure...

A friend has suggested that I bed 8 tiles where the legs will be directly onto the concrete slab and then lay the insulation / underfloor heating mats / floating timber floor around the tiles so that the table itself stands on solid floor..

Any thoughts on this or other ways of doing it?..

Seen a few without any floor insulation so just a decent screed on top so you can lay floor tiles (fabric) on it. This way the table is on a solid base.

Seen one recently where the timber framed guys said it would be fine on the wooden floor; I didn't think so and sure enough the floors moved.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerz View Post
      Seen a few without any floor insulation so just a decent screed on top so you can lay floor tiles (fabric) on it. This way the table is on a solid base.

Seen one recently where the timber framed guys said it would be fine on the wooden floor; I didn't think so and sure enough the floors moved.
      Yes, I wasn't keen on the idea of the table sitting on insulation

Comment

Trying,
        Some of the floor insulation available to us now has a higher compressive strength than the concrete!! (such as jabfloor 100 of 150) you can always look at laying the insulation below the full width / depth concrete slab so the table bears directly onto the slab / screed finish and the slab can be stiffened to suit the load from the table. your engineer will know how to do this for you (and yes I'm a structural engineer).
        don't let the table legs bear onto a floating or any type of timber floor that's a big long term problem.
        Must practice more!!!

Comment

Bell308,
          Using insulation then underfloor heating mats on top of slab. It was just whether I should bed tiles where each leg of the table will sit.

Comment

OT but do consider running a cable under the table to a power outlet. It will be very useful if you later wabt to run a heater under your table. I also use mine when ironing the table.
            王可

Comment

Originally posted by philip in china View Post
              OT but do consider running a cable under the table to a power outlet. It will be very useful if you later wabt to run a heater under your table. I also use mine when ironing the table.
              Am doing although not for heater, the underfloor heating will be under the table anyway.

Comment

trying:
                you could construct a cementious screed, below which your insulation is laid, this then sits on top of the structural (ground bearing?) slab which sits on compacted type 1 stone.
                you can bed a tile under each leg which can be cast into the screed although its not strictly necessary.
                but please note id wait a little while after the floor / screed is laid to install the table and have it levelled and shimmed etc as even a very good floor layer will still not get the surface perfectly flat, i'd expect a tolerance of circa +-3.0mm to be the norm on a 50mm thick screed. the floor will also continue to dry out for about 12 months during which you could expect a little movement to occur..

as Phillip in China suggests a plug or four under the table is a great idea for table heater/iron/vac/ etc. as its a pain to get power there afterwards.
                Must practice more!!!

Comment

Working...
                X