No announcement yet.

q school scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't know James Silverwood was giving Qschool a go. I played him in my first ever comp down in Lancaster and he now comes through to our monthly comps, he's been a good supporter of our comps, I hope he does well.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      Didn't know James Silverwood was giving Qschool a go. I played him in my first ever comp down in Lancaster and he now comes through to our monthly comps, he's been a good supporter of our comps, I hope he does well.
      I think this is what's nice abut Q school for us not entering, watching players we've played giving it a go. Adam Edge is from our league and beat Dave Finbow 3-0 but lost out to Thor 3-2 in the next round. Adam's a good player and i've had some good matches with his the last few years with him usually just coming out on top.
      "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

also another player from the 90's Paul Davies of wales beat Daniel Ward 3-2, he plays another Welshman and former tour player next Jamie Jones. I think paul reached the quarter finals of a ranking event in the very first ranking event he played in and also reached two consecutive semi finals in a row in 1993.
        Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post

I think this is what's nice abut Q school for us not entering, watching players we've played giving it a go. Adam Edge is from our league and beat Dave Finbow 3-0 but lost out to Thor 3-2 in the next round. Adam's a good player and i've had some good matches with his the last few years with him usually just coming out on top.
          I think there are two James and Liam Graham who have been to our comps at Qschool. It's great to see how they do, I know Liam better than James as he's been through on other occasions apart from the comps but it would be great to see them both do well.

Comment

Good win there for robert james , he now has up to 4 matches tomorrow and on sunday to qualify for a two year tour card on either day .

Comment

the quarter finals of event 1 were completed between 0210 and 0534 , does anyone know why it took so long to complete these matches

Comment

Rory “The Highlander” McLeod back on the Main Tour. Came thru Q School.

Comment

Qualified from Q School 1

Lee Walker Wales Age 44 20th and 21st season on tour Turned Pro 1994/1995
                  Peter Devlin England Age 23 1st and 2nd season on tour Turned Pro 2020/2021
                  Simon Lichtenberg Germany Age 22 3rd and 4th season on tour Turned Pro 2018/2019
                  Fan Zhengyi China Age 19 3rd and 4th season on tour Turned Pro 2018/2019

Qualified from Q School 2

Jamie Jones Wales Age 32 12th and 13th season on tour Turned Pro 2006/2007
                  Zak Surety England Age 28 3rd and 4th season on tour Turned Pro 2014/2015
                  Oliver Lines England Age 25 7th and 8th season on tour Turned Pro 2014/2015
                  Ben Hancorn England Age 38 1st and 2nd season on tour Turned Pro 2020/2021

Qualified from Q School 3

Jamie Wilson England Age 17 1st and 2nd season on tour Turned Pro 2020/2021
                  Farakh Ajaib England Age 29 1st and 2nd season on tour Turned Pro 2020/2021
                  Rory McLeod England Age 49 26th and 27th season on tour Turned Pro 1991/1992
                  Steven Hallworth England Age 24 3rd and 4th season on tour Turned Pro 2014/2015

notable players who failed to win through , michael white , craig steadman , sam baird , michael georgiou , alfie burden .
                  also hardly any chinese amateurs if any at all came over for this for obvious reasons so the field may be seen as just a little bit lighter than previous years .

Comment

The Chinese players not coming over will have skewed the stats but there were only two players under 22 who made it and four over thirty. Has he game changed ? Or are there no more outstanding youngsters anymore. Is it possible we have been lucky enough to be around when snooker is the best it will ever be ?

Comment

The Chinese players not coming over will have skewed the stats but there were only two players under 22 who made it and four over thirty. Has he game changed ? Or are there no more outstanding youngsters anymore. Is it possible we have been lucky enough to be around when snooker is the best it will ever be ?
                      i suppose its too expensive to duplicate pro conditions for most youngsters then they have the obstacle of facing in - house players like the mcleod's , isn't this dog done to death , probably the only way is to open it up again like in the early 90's .

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

i suppose its too expensive to duplicate pro conditions for most youngsters then they have the obstacle of facing in - house players like the mcleod's , isn't this dog done to death , probably the only way is to open it up again like in the early 90's .
                        I would love to see it opened up again, I know a lot of players paid and played who were never going to make it but I think it match hardened younger players very quickly. There is a huge gulf between knocking in centuries in the club and producing match snooker.

Comment

I would love to see it opened up again, I know a lot of players paid and played who were never going to make it but I think it match hardened younger players very quickly. There is a huge gulf between knocking in centuries in the club and producing match snooker.
                          yes there should be some structure that finally negates the advantage players who became pro's in the early 90's have had ever since , i mean hamilton whines that they want him to play well when he can't find a decent table to practice on then says his era are still the best when he keeps his tour card a few years ago by the skin of his teeth and eeks out a few wins since , i mean if you had thirty years advantage over most and you got paid for it why would you go anywhere , it needs structural reform ..

Comment

yes there should be some structure that finally negates the advantage players who became pro's in the early 90's have had ever since , i mean hamilton whines that they want him to play well when he can't find a decent table to practice on then says his era are still the best when he keeps his tour card a few years ago by the skin of his teeth and eeks out a few wins since , i mean if you had thirty years advantage over most and you got paid for it why would you go anywhere , it needs structural reform ..
                            Trains

Don't take this the wrong way but you seem to have a real bee in your bonnet about what you perceive to be an unfair advantage to those early guys as you keep bringing it up on various threads .

It’s not a slight on you just an observation as everyone is entitled to their opinion.

My guess is that you must have some kind of personal history with the current set up with qualifying and players trying to make it through in the modern era.
                            I’d be interested to know if I’m correct ?. If not what is your snooker background as you see very knowledgeable in all things snooker even if I don’t agree with you sometimes on certain subjects

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Trains

Don't take this the wrong way but you seem to have a real bee in your bonnet about what you perceive to be an unfair advantage to those early guys as you keep bringing it up on various threads .

It’s not a slight on you just an observation as everyone is entitled to their opinion.

My guess is that you must have some kind of personal history with the current set up with qualifying and players trying to make it through in the modern era.
                              I’d be interested to know if I’m correct ?. If not what is your snooker background as you see very knowledgeable in all things snooker even if I don’t agree with you sometimes on certain subjects
                              hi mate , i've played at the q school a few times thats pretty much it , i've also got this image of going all the way to the swsa in gloucester a few years ago and to see the only pro table surrounded by three pro's looking at me like i was encroaching on their turf , thats not meant to be a dig at robert milkins though as he advocates opening the tour up so he's one of the good guys , thats about it :smile:

Comment

hi mate , i've played at the q school a few times thats pretty much it , i've also got this image of going all the way to the swsa in gloucester a few years ago and to see the only pro table surrounded by three pro's looking at me like i was encroaching on their turf , thats not meant to be a dig at robert milkins though as he advocates opening the tour up so he's one of the good guys , thats about it :smile:
                                Ahhhh .... now it all makes sense

That’s a shame you encountered those obstacles as it seems to have left a real negative feeling towards the current set up .

It makes sense now why I have my opinions and you have yours as we come from different eras in the snooker world albeit both as aspiring amateurs.

Are you still playing at that level ?

Comment

Working...
                                X