Sheffield academy practice sessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post

Very up and down these days mate, when i'm on i'm good but my B game is currently horrendous. Lack of consistency through limited practice, life gets in the way doesn't it!
    Realised in a recent Comp at Danger Steve's club how out of touch I am with competitive snooker, I lost 3 frames being 40+ up with 3 reds left and my former self wouldn't have let that happen.
    Also playing in a local league around working mens clubs on poor and such varied tables doesn't lend itself well to trying to compete on rapid match tables.
    Perhaps us TSF'ers could go to Sheffield or another top club for the day sometime, have a couple hours practice solo on the tables and then play a few frames. I hear what you're saying about wanting to practice and pot ball after ball but the social would be fun too
    Tom i completely get what you’re saying about playing on poorer and varied tables putting your head out of sync with fast match tables , thats one of the reasons i havent played for over 4 years , i dont mind too much though as having and keeping that knowledge ‘ inside ‘ is an asset , so i dont need to go around playing anywhere anymore.

If there is something from tsf to financially get something off the ground to support a good practice facility i’d be all supportive of that , god knows the game needs some networking to get the amateur game off the ground.

Comment

I’m in Reading next month for a team tournament. First played on Stars at Gloucester and felt embarrassed as they make you look like you have just taken the game up.

Then played on Aristocrats in Leeds and was even worse. Stars with an old cloth on are tough but Aristocrats are something else

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
        Thanks for the heads up fkhan!
        Do you know how much Ronnie's table rates are going to be?
        There you go.

https://m.facebook.com/ronnieosulliv...n__=%2As%2As-R

Comment

Thank you fkhan!
          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
          National Snooker Expo
          25-27 October 2019
          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
            I’m in Reading next month for a team tournament. First played on Stars at Gloucester and felt embarrassed as they make you look like you have just taken the game up.

Then played on Aristocrats in Leeds and was even worse. Stars with an old cloth on are tough but Aristocrats are something else
            Yes, it doesn't matter whether it's a well made table if it isn't maintained well! Both these tables play great when properly conditioned, but is always a very hard day at the office if playing on one that's not been looked after properly.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Yes, it doesn't matter whether it's a well made table if it isn't maintained well! Both these tables play great when properly conditioned, but is always a very hard day at the office if playing on one that's not been looked after properly.
              If the cloth isn’t newish and balls aren’t sliding off the jaws anymore the game gets much harder on these tables. Once they start sticking to the jaws it’s tough.

Comment

Working...
              X