Stan Moody World Junior Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

I wouldn’t have thought that was the intention. I’m not sure any coaches would have coached gamesmanship into his game . Well at least I hope not.
    I do agree though that he has been heavily coached as have most juniors who compete these days sometimes to the detriment of the player.
    I don’t think it’s any coincidence that his performance on the Shoot Out was so good and the fact he didn’t have time to go through all that pre shot routine /coached stuff and was forced to play more with his natural talent and instincts.
    I think There may be a few young players who along with this deliberate style of pre shot routine, adopt the Mark Allen style of play after seeing him use it effectively and win as well. I know another Q school hopeful (not Ed) who has said that is his intention.

Not gonna bode well for the the Televised future of the game for viewers but I guess you can understand it from the players point of view. Just a shame we may never see raw brilliant entertaining talent from any new players anytime soon...
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post

I skimmed through it because it was probably the most tedious watch I've seen for a junior player. Yes he's pretty decent, but my god you can see he's had way too much coaching. The constant get down get back up, get down get back up routine is going to really frustrate his opponents and more importantly the audience. If its a deliberate thing to try and frustrate his opponent and basically keep them off the table, then its not a good sign to have that in your make up at this young age. It did feel like that was the intention because some of the shots were so basic, there was just no need to get back up as often as he did.
      That's the way he plays. He's pretty slow and deliberate. The first time I saw him I was quite excited, for some reason known only to me, I thought he would be a fast swashbuckling player but nope very steady away.
      He's not ready for the tour imo, which counts for nothing I know.
      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 4 February 2023, 05:00 PM.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Well I checked this morning he was doing it in some of the other matches in this event, though not quite to the same extent. It could be a tactic or pre shot routine, either way its hard to justify the action and looks to be either a deliberate attempt at frustrating the opponent as well as keeping them waiting long for their next visit.

I looked at some footage from another event 2 months back and there was none of it, although admittedly he was playing a much worse opponent. I just say what I see and I think its borderline gamesmanship and its a little sad to see but I suppose if there is no ruling to prevent it and a tour card on the line, people will do anything to win.
        You’re entitled to your opinion of course …. I don’t agree with it though 🙂

Comment

I skimmed through it because it was probably the most tedious watch I've seen for a junior player. Yes he's pretty decent, but my god you can see he's had way too much coaching. The constant get down get back up, get down get back up routine is going to really frustrate his opponents and more importantly the audience. If its a deliberate thing to try and frustrate his opponent and basically keep them off the table, then its not a good sign to have that in your make up at this young age. It did feel like that was the intention because some of the shots were so basic, there was just no need to get back up as often as he did.
          Has he been getting coaching from Peter Ebdon?!

Comment

Working...
          X