Rob Walker Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
    It was very interesting reading, I have to admit, and respect to Walker for his attitude and his work ethic, but I still can't stand the man.

I heard him interviewing Mark Allen just after he'd lost to Higgins in the semi, and his first question was something like "Well, that missed blue'll be haunting you for a long time ... how do you feel about that?" If I'd been Allen I think I'd have given him a smack right on his beak. Twit! He'd just lost, of course he was gutted, and then he gets that as a first question ... idiot. If that's the style of his reporting and interviewing, then it's not surprising he's doing MC'ing for a living.

I reckon he should go and get a job with The Sun, I think he would be perfectly suited to a job with that rag.

Yes I see your point. I have nothing against Walker but he doesn't have the charm of David Vine. I think he would be more suited to writing in The Star, The Sun or The Sport.

Comment

It was very interesting reading, I have to admit, and respect to Walker for his attitude and his work ethic, but I still can't stand the man.

I heard him interviewing Mark Allen just after he'd lost to Higgins in the semi, and his first question was something like "Well, that missed blue'll be haunting you for a long time ... how do you feel about that?" If I'd been Allen I think I'd have given him a smack right on his beak. Twit! He'd just lost, of course he was gutted, and then he gets that as a first question ... idiot. If that's the style of his reporting and interviewing, then it's not surprising he's doing MC'ing for a living.

I reckon he should go and get a job with The Sun, I think he would be perfectly suited to a job with that rag.
      I agree Keith with the points you made about Walker, & as nice as a guy i'm sure he is i find him too corny for my liking. Alan Hughes was the best MC IMO!
      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Yeah but look at what Rob actually does! he does not do what the past MC's do, the job has been split and half of the job now lies with the boys in the studio, just look at the final, when it was all finished who done the wrap up? Stubbs and Davis not RW

Comment

ill tell you 1 thing Rob Walker is a interviewers dream....

you ask 1 question and he goes off on a romp of a answer lol

Comment

He was a pleasure to interview- and he does a hell of a lot for charity

Comment

Great, can you find him a full-time job in a charity?

Please?

Pretty please with a cherry on top?
              Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Great, can you find him a full-time job in a charity?

Please?

Pretty please with a cherry on top?
                What is your gripe with him Keith? His funny and as a regular attender (Sheffield excluded for the 1st time since 2004) he is great with the audience before live coverage commences.
                Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Working...
                X