No announcement yet.

kamui tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear that mate..... I shall trying one out when my TW arrives!!

I hope all is well bud.....!!
    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Hi Jim, nice to hear from you, I give the game up for a few weeks and have come back a better player for it. I'm flat out at work so won't be playing mid week. If I get some time off I'll buzz you. when the TW arriving?

Comment

I've only just ordered it..... So it'll be a while yet!!

Yeah that would great just give me a buzz when your about next, I've been going down another club lately which I find is alot better!!
        Last edited by coomsey76; 28 July 2011, 08:48 PM.
        Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
        Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Just an update, I'm getting used to the Kamui MH now, starting to play a lot better, not overhit by so much etc. I showed a team mate yesterday (he only uses Elkmasters, and doesn't know of any other brand than them or BD). At first he was a little fascinated with them, then he saw the reaction I could get in the white and was amazed. I did ask him if he wanted to try on his cue (his tip is shocking. really thin, just about covers the ferrule, and creates very little spin unless you hit the ball hard. VERY HARD).
          He did consider it, but decided against it as he thinks it would ruin his game. He plays with a lot of side instead of screw and run through, and the amount of side generated by these tips would be too much.
          I think they are brilliant, and have brought 2 more MH in case mine comes off or for when I need to change it. I won't go back to Elkmasters now, ever. I'll be on a laminted tip til I give the game up.
          One question for all others that have tried the other brands, what are similar to the Kamui MH? I'm thinking Talisman, Moori etc. I know these all have different "hardness" levels but which is similar, for example Kamui MH = Moori S = Talisman M.
          Thanks.
          Dean
          If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

I'll be interested in how these Kamui Black tips bed in and also how they compare to the Talisman M tip which I have been happy with so far.

I've read that these tips play superb when just put on but tend to go very hard after a short time which changes their consistency over time. Is this true?

Comment

I used a Moori S before I put the Kamui Black M, and was very happy with it. Very similar to the Kamui, but didn't get as much reaction with it as I would have liked. I think the Kamui is superb. I have heard a story similar to what Sootyvrs has said, so I will just have to wait and see. I get very good accuracy with Kamui as I did with Moori, they do appear to "grip" the cue ball better.
              I tried a Talisman pro - for about 5 minutes!!! i found it to be a horrible tip. Just couldn't get on with it at all. Of course, you are right, I didn't give it much chance to bed in etc etc. I am an instinctive player. I pick a cue up and know whether I am going to like it or not. Same as most things in life - and instinct has been pretty kind to me - but I will give the Talisman pro another chance later, and see if I can persevere with it a bit longer to see how it really works.

Comment

It was Terry Davidson that said about the Medium Kamui "going off" after about 6 weeks, but I haven't seen him say anything like that for the MH. Going on what I have read, TD knows what he is talking about, so if he thinks a Kamui MH is worth a try, I'm happy to try it. I'm glad I did, and I'll update again when I've had it on 6-8 weeks to say how it is getting on. I found it really difficult at first to get on with, but now it is settling down (bedded in properly) I feel it is just a superior tip. When it comes off I might try a Talisman Soft, but I know if I don't like it, I've got a Kamui MH to go back to. (Dad now loves his Talisman!)
                If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Yes I think Terry is one of the most knowledgeable snooker coaches I have had the pleasure to meet and his advice is spot on. I have just put an elkmaster on my third cue which I practice at home with, and the reverse spin I am getting is really great, but it doesn't have the feel of the Kamui. I will give the Talisman another go sometime, but I think tips are like everything else. What suits one person is hated by another. If we were all the same - there would only be one tip available on the market - the one that everyone uses.

Comment

HI My friend Alain Robidoux tried a Kamui Tip medium and did not like it he prefers ElkMasters which he has played with them for years i guess everybody is different as he likes to put spin on the cue ball.

I have tried the Kamui tip medium and have no problem with them Terry Davidson says that the Kamui Black Tip medium hard are better than the Medium ones. i will have to try the medium hard tip to compare. Cheers Leonrd

Comment

Originally Posted by the montrealer View Post
                      Terry Davidson says that the Kamui Black Tip medium hard are better than the Medium ones. I will have to try the medium hard tip to compare. Cheers Leonard
                      I haven't tried the Medium. I went straight to the MH, and I have to agree with TD. The MH is brilliant. Very good for when you are in and around the balls. The control is unbelievable. Shots can be stroked in, no need to hit hard, as the tip and your cue action will do all of the work. Even with very small angles, adding a little power enables the tip to manipulate the white to where you want it.
                      A truly awesome tip, and I would advise anyone to try it.
                      Dean.

Comment

Working...
                      X