Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    Hi everyone and hello Steve!

I don't use the forum much these days, so I don't tend to see these threads.
    ​​​​​​
    Thinking 3 shots ahead for me was absolutely massive in my development as a player. As I said in the training: when on a red, think about the next red after that one, when on a colour, think about the next colour after that one. That's as complicated as it needs to be for now.

Another thing to point out. These things take lots of time and effort. Once I was aware of thinking 3 shots ahead, it took me 2 and a half years of hard work and practice to achieve my first century break. Your brain needs time to get used to the patterns and thinking in the correct way.

I'm sure you will get the improvements you want Steve, but be patient and enjoy the process. Your potting, positional play, though process, shot selection etc. will all get better and better with every session you practice. All of those things then come together to make a better player.
    Great advice and spot on about patterns when break building .once ingrained it all gets a lot easier .

Great videos btw Steve on YT , I don’t watch many but your one that I subscribe to.

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Great advice and spot on about patterns when break building .once ingrained it all gets a lot easier .

Great videos btw Steve on YT , I don’t watch many but your one that I subscribe to.
      Thanks a lot Starsky! I really appreciate the support.

Lots more videos coming
      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Steve! Great to see you back on the forum, I know your a very busy man (or was before lockdown 2.0) so appreciate the comments!

I suppose in this day and age people search for short cuts everywhere hence this post, I thought a few coaching sessions and a bit of practice and bosh, I’ll be knocking in big breaks in no time! Not the case... and obviously more patience is required on my part there! I think because improvement can be slow you don’t actually realise your getting better, watching back some older videos of my practice I can see there are some improvements though. Winning my first match in years was a good confidence boost also and just what I needed to set myself a mental benchmark on where my ability is at the moment when under a bit of pressure. Hopefully getting a few games with some much better players will help speed up my progress!

Cheers!

Comment

For me Steves channel is the best one on YouTube. Clear ,simple instructions, that are easy to follow.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Your not wrong! It’s brilliant... hopefully with this 2nd lockdown he might have some time to put a few more up there!

Comment

Working...
            X