Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member... is the forum active guys? i have a video to analyse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member... is the forum active guys? i have a video to analyse.

Hi guys.. managed to get some not so great footage of my cueing.. anyone care to have a look if theres anything im doing terribly wrong? i seem to miss very simple shots.. but every now and then i hit excellent long shots in.. and when i do it feels like im doing exactly what i want to do.. most shots i can feel and see the white deviate almost instantly. am i aiming wrong or cuing wrong? i play a pretty decent level of pool.. and understand the game well. just cant get the white to go where i want it. always played snooker but only recently started taking it more seriously. would love some help or some coaching!

You need ten posts, then you can add pictures and videos etc. Unless you put it on YouTube and then post a link here.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

ah right ok..

https://youtu.be/T6brIx9sgfM

Comment

Not much wrong with your technique from what I can see, only a few minor points…

1. Hard to say for sure but your cue looks too short for you? What size is it? It looks to me like you just need to grip the cue back another inch or so, but then you’d be holding it right at the very back.

2. This maybe down to the cue length, but you look too compact? Maybe that the pool player coming through? I’d say you need to stand a tad further back and get lower onto the shot.

3. I noticed some of the screw shots look a bit rushed and jabby! Think smooth and more follow through with these shots.

That’s all for now. Maybe Tom will chip in with a few points.

edit* Couple more things..

4. On the final backswing before delivery your just raising your body a little which won’t be helping, try and keep still like you do on your feathers.

5. I’d say your playing just a fraction too quick? It’s like your rushing the shot so you can get to the bar for last orders
        Last edited by Danger Steve; 4 May 2022, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
          Not much wrong with your technique from what I can see, only a few minor points…

1. Hard to say for sure but your cue looks too short for you? What size is it? It looks to me like you just need to grip the cue back another inch or so, but then you’d be holding it right at the very back.

2. This maybe down to the cue length, but you look too compact? Maybe that the pool player coming through? I’d say you need to stand a tad further back and get lower onto the shot.

3. I noticed some of the screw shots look a bit rushed and jabby! Think smooth and more follow through with these shots.

That’s all for now. Maybe Tom will chip in with a few points.

edit* Couple more things..

4. On the final backswing before delivery your just raising your body a little which won’t be helping, try and keep still like you do on your feathers.

5. I’d say your playing just a fraction too quick? It’s like your rushing the shot so you can get to the bar for last orders
          Hi Steve, ive recently just borrowed this cue with thoughts on buying it.. its not my regular cue and it does feel a tad short, when i hold further back, i am holding the very back.. i dont think il be buying it..

as for the rest of your points.. i do feel that unsmooth technique.. also feels jabby some times.. but i think theres a major issue somewhere because i miss some really unmissable balls haha.. i feel like im following through to the left sometimes too.. will that put a little right handside on the shot?

Comment

Definitely adressing the cue ball with left hand side with some shots.
            Last edited by itsnoteasy; 4 May 2022, 10:53 PM.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              Definitely adressing the cue ball with left hand side.
              left?? i noticed on these videos the white seems to veer to the right after contact with OB

Comment

Slightly longer pause on the backstroke will help
                It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                  Slightly longer pause on the backstroke will help
                  noted! thanks buddy! i am determined to get good at this game! haha

Comment

Originally Posted by redblackred View Post

noted! thanks buddy! i am determined to get good at this game! haha
                    I found doing a sight right course helped a lot, I never got good at the game though I just found I was playing nearer my best much more often

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post

I found doing a sight right course helped a lot, I never got good at the game though I just found I was playing nearer my best much more often
                      was that expensive? what were your main takes from it? anything different from the consensus fundamental techniques? what do you think improved your game the most?

Comment

Think Steve said it all really ,the cue looks like it needs to be a bit lower down to the table .Try to play those shots in the middle and pot the white in both middle pockets too with screw and follow through to make sure your cueing straight .Always better to have a cue slightly longer than you need ,too short and you will not have a smooth back swing and end up jabby .I’m just on 6 foot tall and my cue is 58.50 inches ,a standard size 58 inch feels like a massive difference to me .Find a cue that you like probably with a ferule size of around 9.50 and you’ll be good to go .Good luck with your game.

Comment

Hitting the ball way too hard - The strike needs to be smooth and graceful
                          IMHO for you, I think you should try to imagine the white is not there and just cue smoothly through it

Comment

Originally Posted by redblackred View Post

was that expensive? what were your main takes from it? anything different from the consensus fundamental techniques? what do you think improved your game the most?
                            Can't remember how much but it was fairly cheap, it showed me I was lining up wrong, I became much more consistent after it

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by tmax View Post
                              Hitting the ball way too hard - The strike needs to be smooth and graceful
                              IMHO for you, I think you should try to imagine the white is not there and just cue smoothly through it
                              smooth and graceful! got it!

Comment

Working...
                              X