Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member... is the forum active guys? i have a video to analyse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post

Can't remember how much but it was fairly cheap, it showed me I was lining up wrong, I became much more consistent after it
    sounds pretty good then! anything that improves ones game is interesting!

Comment

Originally Posted by redblackred View Post
      Hi guys.. managed to get some not so great footage of my cueing.. anyone care to have a look if theres anything im doing terribly wrong? i seem to miss very simple shots.. but every now and then i hit excellent long shots in.. and when i do it feels like im doing exactly what i want to do.. most shots i can feel and see the white deviate almost instantly. am i aiming wrong or cuing wrong? i play a pretty decent level of pool.. and understand the game well. just cant get the white to go where i want it. always played snooker but only recently started taking it more seriously. would love some help or some coaching!
      Hi there,
      Well done on being brave enough to post a video , most wouldn’t including myself .

My two pennies worth ,
      Firstly I would say that nearly all advice you’ve already been give so far will help you.
      What I would now advise is to focus on fundamentals first . The one area I would work on first is correcting the left hand side your putting on the cue ball unintentionally( I presume ). You might not have noticed this issue so much on a pool table but on the bigger snooker table it will affect the cue balls path more .
      Either your not cueing straight or your cueing straight but not aiming at the centre of the cue ball. There could be a myriad of reasons why this is happening .
      I would recommend you go for a lesson with a coach to find out what’s happening and ways to correct it. If cost is an issue ( you’ll only need one lesson to find out) then I would take a look on the Steve Barton YouTube channel. There are plenty of great videos on there regarding straight cueing and line of aim issues .

Secondly , I would make it a priority to get a cue that is the right length for you . This would rule out any issues your current cue is causing with your cue action .

Good luck with your quest for improvement .
      Last edited by Starsky; 5 May 2022, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Hi there,
        Well done on being brave enough to post a video , most wouldn’t including myself .

My two pennies worth ,
        Firstly I would say that nearly all advice you’ve already been give so far will help you.
        What I would now advise is to focus on fundamentals first . The one area I would work on first is correcting the left hand side your putting on the cue ball unintentionally( I presume ). You might not have noticed this issue so much on a pool table but on the bigger snooker table it will affect the cue balls path more .
        Either your not cueing straight or your cueing straight but not aiming at the centre of the cue ball. There could be a myriad of reasons why this is happening .
        I would recommend you go for a lesson with a coach to find out what’s happening and ways to correct it. If cost is an issue ( you’ll only need one lesson to find out) then I would take a look on the Steve Barton YouTube channel. There are plenty of great videos on there regarding straight cueing and line of aim issues .

Secondly , I would make it a priority to get a cue that is the right length for you . This would rule out any issues your current cue is causing with your cue action .

Good luck with your quest for improvement .
        thanks buddy! ye i didnt mind putting up the video.. the tiniest of insight i may have overlooked could change my game drammatically i feel.. if anything i feel like i put right hand side on some shots.. il have to do a bit of research on that..

im well up to speed on all the coaches on youtube! bit of an obsessive haha.. im definitely gonna look for a coach.. im in south wales so i dont know how easy that will be.. i feel like i have a decent foundation.. with just a few minor things to get sorted.. im excited to improve! in the 3 out of 10 balls i hit "perfect" feels very rewarding! maybe my big problem is something not completely apparent in my video.. for example.. my grip! i feel could definitely do with some work.. i think im definitely holding it too tight and not allowing my front fingers to relax on the follow through.. so theres lots of little things i feel a coach could help me out with..

Comment

thanks buddy! ye i didnt mind putting up the video.. the tiniest of insight i may have overlooked could change my game drammatically i feel.. if anything i feel like i put right hand side on some shots.. il have to do a bit of research on that..

im well up to speed on all the coaches on youtube! bit of an obsessive haha.. im definitely gonna look for a coach.. im in south wales so i dont know how easy that will be.. i feel like i have a decent foundation.. with just a few minor things to get sorted.. im excited to improve! in the 3 out of 10 balls i hit "perfect" feels very rewarding! maybe my big problem is something not completely apparent in my video.. for example.. my grip! i feel could definitely do with some work.. i think im definitely holding it too tight and not allowing my front fingers to relax on the follow through.. so theres lots of little things i feel a coach could help me out with..
          There will be coaches in Wales , if you go onto the WPSBA site I think they have a coach finder section .
          Grip is important but not a fundamental . I’m not going to give you anymore technical advice as I’m not a coach . It’s also much better to see a persons technique first hand than in a short video.
          The one bit of advice I will give though is not to become too
          obsessed about small things about your technique and just focus on the things that really matter.
          Paralysis by analysis is something I’ve gone through recently and is an easy road to go down if your not to careful 😉

Last edited by Starsky; 5 May 2022, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

There will be coaches in Wales , if you go onto the WPSBA site I think they have a coach finder section .
            Grip is important but not a fundamental . I’m not going to give you anymore technical advice as I’m not a coach . It’s also much better to see a persons technique first hand than in a short video.
            The one bit of advice I will give though is not to become too
            obsessed about small things about your technique and just focus on the things that really matter.
            Paralysis by analysis is something I’ve gone through recently and is an easy road to go down if your not to careful 😉

thanks buddy! i will definitely check it out! im interested in hearing about my flaws! Won in pool tonight! cueing lovely on a pool table! last 32 now! haha

Comment

thanks buddy! i will definitely check it out! im interested in hearing about my flaws! Won in pool tonight! cueing lovely on a pool table! last 32 now! haha
              Paralysis by analysis is something ive gone through many a time!! its a slippery slope!

Comment

couple of miserably failed attempts at potting the colours haha.. not interested in any positional play advice purely only cueing.. and i mean that in the nicest way.. getting the white to go straight is my only goal at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoXSTVxgdJk

Comment

Couple of things..

1. There doesn’t appear to be much of a pre-shot routine? You kinda walk around the table to the next shot, drop onto it and play it. Have a search on YouTube for Steve Barton’s videos, he covers this and straight cueing.

2. You have a nice pause on the cue ball but I think you need to introduce a couple of feathers just to add more purpose to your cue action! You’ll see most top level players will do this, even on easy shots that they could just tap in. This will help prepare you for the shot your about to play and maybe help cut out some of those easy missed shots you previously mentioned.

Other than that, without seeing your whole body it’s hard to suggest anything to help with straight cueing. It all starts from your feet upwards!

Comment

That's a far, better video than the other one. Looks pretty good, I would like to see your bridge hand a bit closer to the cue ball but that's just me.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      That's a far, better video than the other one. Looks pretty good, I would like to see your bridge hand a bit closer to the cue ball but that's just me.
                      yes! after looking through these.. it looks way further than i thought it actually is! im actually a little more comfortable a tad closer but always thought i was too close.

Comment

hey guys.. slowed th backswing down.. concentrated more in centre ball striking as im putting right hand side on it unintentionally.. also slowed my delivery down somewhat.. and had a decent 40 this evening.

Comment

It looks to me like you are arching your back forwards. If you look at people like Hendry, Neil Robinson and Steve Davis, they keep their back straight and bend forward from the hips.

But, if you have tight hamstrings, doing it like Hendry, Robertson and Davis etc is not going to be easy.

Comment

Originally Posted by Achamian View Post
                            It looks to me like you are arching your back forwards. If you look at people like Hendry, Neil Robinson and Steve Davis, they keep their back straight and bend forward from the hips.

But, if you have tight hamstrings, doing it like Hendry, Robertson and Davis etc is not going to be easy.
                            yes i can see what you're saying.. i am working on that too.

Comment

some more video footage to have a look at guys.. although this was one of the better shots.. this highlights what i think is causing most of my issues..

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_LgNuHnnodw

Comment

Looks like the cue moves offline after the shot ,so not too much off an issue,as long as it doesn’t creep into your set up during the shot .Watch Ronnie when he breaks off ,he slides the cue across himself after the shot ,probably putting lots of side on trying to hide the cue ball ,it’s the only time he looks offline a bit .

Comment

Working...
                                X