any suggestions? I cannot line up the shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by aussieplayer View Post

is this an issue? and the cause why my cue butt is offline all the time?

when i place the cueball next to the tip, the cueball looks fine, but the object ball looks like that in the picture

so wether there is a cueball next to the cue tip or not. the object ball always looks about half ball to right of line of aim, as shown in the picture

yes i did try tiling, moving my head side to side, not sure what to do..... been playing like this for 5 years and cannot even play match, i just solo practice all the time caz i know i have alignment problem. but not sure if this is the root cause of my alignment
    first i need to confirm if this is a probem? as vmax said people should know that they are not aiming with their cue tip

once i know if this is the reason why my cue goes offline/ alignment problem then i will make some adjustments

i just tried now, tilting head to left and the whiteball is abit straighter, but when i move my head side to side, wont make any difference. although the cueball looks slightly straighter when i move the cue right under right chin.

Comment

you asked me to tilt my head, here is what i tried at home
      i found something like table, my height so i dont have to bent etc , to ensure my head angle does not change as i bent down.
      here is the picture
      https://ibb.co/ZfWCstc

and the result is the same. the object looks to the right of my cue stick
      the head is straight, but i use my normal chin position, center

Comment

We all have two eyes facing forward about two and a half inches apart, the brain takes an image from each eye for a complete picture and that gives us depth perception and judgment of distance and angles.
        Now when finding the line of aim, which is a straight line, each eye can see the cue, but there can only be one straight line and seeing as each eye is looking at the picture of the layout of the balls on the table to give distance, depth and angle the brain needs to favour one eye over the other to see that straight line of aim and align another straight line (the cue) to the line of aim, a straight line.
        The brain cannot place two cues on one line of aim, the brain cannot place one cue on two lines of aim so the brain favours one eye over the other in order to place one cue on one line of aim

There is a conflict between your dominant eye and your sighting eye, your dominant right eye sees the line when stood up but when down your left eye takes over from the place where your right eye has placed your feet and body and seeing as your left eye is two and a half inches to the left of the line of aim your right eye has chosen, it all looks wrong.

Either your dominant right eye needs to be right over the cue in order to stop the left eye from taking over when you're down in your stance or you need to stand side on with your body turned to the right, facing at at one o'clock, in order for the left eye to find the line of aim when stood up and staying over the cue when down.

Whatever position you choose the body must not turn when getting down in your stance, stand with your feet and body in the same position as when down, square stance right eye at twelve o'clock on the line of aim, boxer stance left eye on the line of aim and step into your stance from where ever you've chosen without turning your body or head.

Don't stand square and then step into boxer, don't stand boxer and then step into square.

Find the correct feet position that puts your sighting eye on the line of aim, whether that's your dominant eye or your submissive eye, both when stood up and when down, switching between the two doesn't work for you.

Please mate, I cannot deduce anymore than this, the results of your experimentation will tell you if you're going in the right direction, if it's worse go the other way, if it's better then go a little bit further in the same direction.
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Don't stand square and then step into boxer, don't stand boxer and then step into square.
          knew it, wow
          i have been playing like you said, used to stand square but while walking and down was using boxing style. so its been like 2 years since i switched to square stance even when down. so square up and square down.
          as you said this might not be working for me,

so i will try boxing up and boxing down, or as you said, maybe i should try my default position as square up and square down and use right chin more

thank you for confirming that "aiming with cue tip to object ball" was something else that you were talking about.
          as in my case when my cue tip is not pointing to object ball means , i am using incorrect vision center

Comment

If you are lectured to line up and make a stance in a certain way that you in reality feel uncomfortable doing, then it's likely not the right way for you.

It's really that final cueing stroke that matters the most, and that just comes from developing your own sub-conscious muscle memory through positive repetition...i.e

Successful pots = keep repeating
            Miss pots = stop and do something else for a bit...

At the table, don't waste any brain bandwidth on re-citing text-book theory or anything dark art nonsense, just focus on delivering the tip on the cue ball at the spot you want it.

Comment

Working...
            X