No announcement yet.

Vid Of Me Playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched the 51 break with my coach eyes on. I agree with a previous comment in that the 'rules' of the line-up exercise are you can't touch (cannon) another ball and are supposed to re-set the balls when you do.

On your cue action, I didn't see any obvious faults or glaring issues and the one thing that's especially great is your head stays absolutely still. This will promote a smooth cue action.

Your grip is just a touch too loose it appears but I didn't get a good look at that. The only thing I'd recommend is you slow down your feathering and also slow down that backswing and see if you can get a discernible rear pause on your final backswing before you deliver. Also after delivering the cue, stay down on the shot with your cue extended and your head and body still which will promote even less body movement and give you a good follow-through.

There are a few points a coach could help you with, for instance your approach to the shot which should be more online and just two steps and then 'fall' straight down into the shot. Also, there are actually 4 pauses in an 'ideal' cue action. The first is when you drop into the shot (keeping your eyes on the object ball) your cue should be in the address position for a very short initial pause. The next is after you do your feathering stop the cue in the address position and focus your eyes on the spot on the cueball you want to hit and pause for maybe 1 second. The next is the normal rear pause and the last is at the end of the delivery.

These pauses disconnect one action from the next and help with getting a natual rhythm during the final backswing and delivery of the cue.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

You have a good cue action already, don't change it.
      The line up is all about cue ball control, not potting or making breaks. Don't disturb any balls, no cannons or kisses allowed. This will force you to learn those subtle screws and stuns needed to develope your breakbuilding.

Comment

Hey you're a lefty like me stjimmmy

But you're better than me.
        Its good to see people using the youtube facility for practice and advice more now.

I can't remember anyone doing it before, I did when I first joined here.

inevermissblue you're another lefty too and way way much better than me, didn't think you could even fit 4 reds under black, they must've been very tight.

Jimmy you look like you're comfortable which for me is most important.

But you inevermissblue, you're in another league, a veteran of the game, very very good!!

I'm giving up on trying to improve now, its to stressfull and I don't have the right temprament to become good, so I'll just remain a crap player from now. And will invest in a pair of white gloves, cause all I seem to do nowadays is pick out balls for my opponent

I've had my days, GOOD luck to you stjimmy, you should do well!

Comment

Originally Posted by nam1977 View Post
          Hey you're a lefty like me stjimmmy

But you're better than me.
          Its good to see people using the youtube facility for practice and advice more now.

I can't remember anyone doing it before, I did when I first joined here.

inevermissblue you're another lefty too and way way much better than me, didn't think you could even fit 4 reds under black, they must've been very tight.

Jimmy you look like you're comfortable which for me is most important.

But you inevermissblue, you're in another league, a veteran of the game, very very good!!

I'm giving up on trying to improve now, its to stressfull and I don't have the right temprament to become good, so I'll just remain a crap player from now. And will invest in a pair of white gloves, cause all I seem to do nowadays is pick out balls for my opponent

I've had my days, GOOD luck to you stjimmy, you should do well!
          Whats up nam, game hit a bit of a crisis? Ive seen your vids and i dont think your quite as bad as you make out

Stjimmy, again always good to watch a lefty as myself. Your game looks good to me and you look relaxed around the table which is important. I'm not an authority on this but I would agree that your 'feathers' and transition into the actual shot seem a little jerky. You just need to try to be a bit more 'fluid' with the shot. Only a minor point though, all in all looks fine.

Inevermissblue, I bow down to you sir. Absolute sublime cue ball control and 4 reds below the black is cruel!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by saddler79 View Post
            Whats up nam, game hit a bit of a crisis? Ive seen your vids and i dont think your quite as bad as you make out

Stjimmy, again always good to watch a lefty as myself. Your game looks good to me and you look relaxed around the table which is important. I'm not an authority on this but I would agree that your 'feathers' and transition into the actual shot seem a little jerky. You just need to try to be a bit more 'fluid' with the shot. Only a minor point though, all in all looks fine.

Inevermissblue, I bow down to you sir. Absolute sublime cue ball control and 4 reds below the black is cruel!!!
            Thanks saddler, but its hit a solid brick wall and I'm no bullldozer

Inevermissblue put 5 balls under black, i said even 4 is mega tight

To stjimmy I agree with all the post about the feathering, but you're doing great!

Comment

Originally Posted by nam1977 View Post
              Thanks saddler, but its hit a solid brick wall and I'm no bullldozer

Inevermissblue put 5 balls under black, i said even 4 is mega tight

To stjimmy I agree with all the post about the feathering, but you're doing great!

Happens to every player mate. Its infuriating because the harder you seem to try the worse things get. My game crashed late last year but ive slowly but surley been recovering my game and its nearly back to where i want it to be now. Nothing really techincal for me but between the ears (i.e. confidence). Stick with it fella and your game will return.

I know what my next challenge is gonna be. 5 reds below the black in the line up. Sounds impossible for mere mortals!

Comment

Originally Posted by saddler79 View Post
                Happens to every player mate. Its infuriating because the harder you seem to try the worse things get. My game crashed late last year but ive slowly but surley been recovering my game and its nearly back to where i want it to be now. Nothing really techincal for me but between the ears (i.e. confidence). Stick with it fella and your game will return.

I know what my next challenge is gonna be. 5 reds below the black in the line up. Sounds impossible for mere mortals!
                Hope you are right cause right now I just want to hang up my cues for good. But its true the harder I try the worse it gets.
                Haha I wish you the best of luck in that quest, in the best of sense I only put 2 if I do line up, and thats very rare I do.

Comment

Yep you look a good player. Pink was definitely the ball to go for.... I thought at times you could have played a few shots dead-weight for better positioning, but then it's each to their own really...

Comment

Yes both really. You tend to get down on the shot far too quickly. Take that extra few seconds, whether its an easy pot or not, to assess the table. And the slower you feather that white the more time you'll have to ensure everything is right in your approach play.
                    Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                    Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Working...
                    X