Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
    How do you miss the blue without side
    I don't know how to explain it mate. You need to try it yourself. Cheers.
    My cueing sucks

Comment

Do you mean play the white off one cushion to the same side of the table you break off from?
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Interesting to see your thoughts on it. I know you can't prevent what other people do, it's up to them when they are at the table so I was just wondering what you all thought about it. Some interesting hints and view on it.

Thanks

Comment

Do you mean play the white off one cushion to the same side of the table you break off from?
          Nope. Off 2 cushions. Try cue ball nearby the brown (1/2 ball distance) when you want to hit the last red without any side. Tell me what you get.
          My cueing sucks

Comment

I've tried it before you run straight into the blue... Which is why all professionals on TV play the break off with side... I don't really understand how it would work without to be honest

Does the white travel between blue and brown instead of between blue and pink?

Comment

Originally Posted by brendan147 View Post
              Nope. Off 2 cushions. Try cue ball nearby the brown (1/2 ball distance) when you want to hit the last red without any side. Tell me what you get.
              Without any side you won't be breaking how the pros do it, simply because the angles doesn't add up.
              Dark side of the moon

Comment

I've tried it before you run straight into the blue... Which is why all professionals on TV play the break off with side... I don't really understand how it would work without to be honest

Does the white travel between blue and brown instead of between blue and pink?
                Yeah...white travel between those 2 B's...
                My cueing sucks

Comment

do you have to hit it quite thick to get it to travel like that? Or with bottom? Seems to take that angle without side you;d risk going in off in the corner

Comment

do you have to hit it quite thick to get it to travel like that? Or with bottom? Seems to take that angle without side you;d risk going in off in the corner
                    Hit the last red about 1/4 ball thickness. To be honest, I never have the in off in the corner using this technique so far, with the cue ball safetly going back to baulk area, and most of the time it end up somewhere behind brown.

Try it again mate. Just remember no side and the cue ball next to brown around 1/2 ball distance (more or less...this 1 you need to make some try+error stuff)...
                    My cueing sucks

Comment

Just do it the pro way it is alot easier!
                      Dark side of the moon

Comment

Plain ball strike is a lot easier than side, even in this case as well...
                        My cueing sucks

Comment

Originally Posted by brendan147 View Post
                          Plain ball strike is a lot easier than side, even in this case as well...
                          Sorry to go off-topic BUT... brendan I tried to answer your PM but couldn't.
                          Please check your configs as I think you are set to NOT accept PMs.

Cheers mate!

=o)

Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post
                            Sorry to go off-topic BUT... brendan I tried to answer your PM but couldn't.
                            Please check your configs as I think you are set to NOT accept PMs.

Cheers mate!

=o)

Noel
                            Its ok mate. AVATAR problem is settled now. Cheers.
                            My cueing sucks

Comment

Each to their own.
                              Dark side of the moon

Comment

Working...
                              X