No announcement yet.

Complete newbie need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But have you ever tried a cue with a decent tip on it? You might find you get much more action on the ball and kick yourself for using that all this time
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
      But have you ever tried a cue with a decent tip on it? You might find you get much more action on the ball and kick yourself for using that all this time
      yea i have and it was much better (barely use my own cue all that much) and tbh the tip will only take you so far, the rest of it comes from yourself. That's what i find strange about snooker players, they tend to believe that more comes from the tools you're using eg saying that robertson, with all his ability in snooker, would struggle to get much action on a cue ball
      Last edited by Jonny; 17 January 2010, 10:14 PM.

Comment

When I get my new cue I'll be putting a new tip on it for sure.
        Dark side of the moon

Comment

Wouldn't even concentrate on how far you can or cant screw back. thats just for show.

1st thing you need is a good stance without that you wont stay still on your shot which is essential. movement in your cue action is bad (apart from mark selby lol?)

2nd thing is walking in behind your shots. EVERY time. Stand further back from the shot and take a step or 2 into your shot this will help your allignment on your shots. Until you do this intentially you wont realise your not doing it and what difference it makes.

3rd keep your head still, sounds easy but its one of the hardest things to do.

theres alot you need to learn if you want to get better if all you want to do is have a laugh with it and your mates just knock a few balls about just go and keep practising you will improve but same as trying to teach yourself how to drive once you go to take your test you'll have so many bad habits you'll fail.

you sound like you want to learn and if you keep asking for help and striving to improve you will continue to good luck

Comment

Originally Posted by kurtweston View Post
            Wouldn't even concentrate on how far you can or cant screw back. thats just for show.

1st thing you need is a good stance without that you wont stay still on your shot which is essential. movement in your cue action is bad (apart from mark selby lol?)

2nd thing is walking in behind your shots. EVERY time. Stand further back from the shot and take a step or 2 into your shot this will help your allignment on your shots. Until you do this intentially you wont realise your not doing it and what difference it makes.

3rd keep your head still, sounds easy but its one of the hardest things to do.

theres alot you need to learn if you want to get better if all you want to do is have a laugh with it and your mates just knock a few balls about just go and keep practising you will improve but same as trying to teach yourself how to drive once you go to take your test you'll have so many bad habits you'll fail.

you sound like you want to learn and if you keep asking for help and striving to improve you will continue to good luck
            Indeed, you will always improve.
            Dark side of the moon

Comment

Working...
            X