Comment

Looks like you enjoyed your day out at craftsman Ian :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by 1lawyer View Post
        Looks like you enjoyed your day out at craftsman Ian :snooker:
        not 2 bad table dead tho haha n new cue making me miss lol
        tha what!

Comment

I usually feather untill I feel comfortable with the shot in my mind. I've never counted. If it's an easy roll in red straight onto black of the side cushion I sometimes feather once, or not at all if I feel really confident on the day. If it feels wrong somehow I stand back up and go back down on the shot. Then feather untill I feel comfortable again.

I've actually had some contradicting advise on my stroke. I've heard that pausing on the back stoke is key to a good cue action. Which I do not protest.

I've also heard that if your natural pause in on the front of the stroke (which mine is), then keep it there and don't mess with it.

I've recently been adjusting my pause and pausing on the rear of the stroke. At times it makes me feel uncomfortable and I end up missing. At other times if I feel confident about the shot I can nock some right sizzlers in.

Not sure what I should do on this one. I think the pause at the front without the pause at the back causes my stroke to wobble somewhat because of the back and then forward motion without pausing.

Any tips?

Comment

Originally Posted by dean0 View Post
            I usually feather untill I feel comfortable with the shot in my mind. I've never counted. If it's an easy roll in red straight onto black of the side cushion I sometimes feather once, or not at all if I feel really confident on the day. If it feels wrong somehow I stand back up and go back down on the shot. Then feather untill I feel comfortable again.

I've actually had some contradicting advise on my stroke. I've heard that pausing on the back stoke is key to a good cue action. Which I do not protest.

I've also heard that if your natural pause in on the front of the stroke (which mine is), then keep it there and don't mess with it.

I've recently been adjusting my pause and pausing on the rear of the stroke. At times it makes me feel uncomfortable and I end up missing. At other times if I feel confident about the shot I can nock some right sizzlers in.

Not sure what I should do on this one. I think the pause at the front without the pause at the back causes my stroke to wobble somewhat because of the back and then forward motion without pausing.

Any tips?
            There are some vids on youtube about this, very well explained, type in snooker pro tips, by a guy called neil maxman, has around 60 now,
            watching some of these has helped my game in certain areas.
            I can see the table, but lost my ....ive lost my balls

Comment

This is my routine m8,
              Im only 15 aswell btw :-) >>

Break off - 3 Slow-Medium paced feathers
              Half table Or Less pot - 3/4 Medium paced feathers
              Long pot - Rougly 5/6 Medium paced feathers
              Safety shots - Roughly 4/5 Medium paced feathers
              Highest Break in Match Practice: 126
              Highest Break in Individual Practice: 147 (Line-up).
              Highest Break in an Event: 80

Comment

Originally Posted by gilbis
                Most people have their own individual cue actions and as long as these work stick with what you know. I have basic advice on things to consider with your stance, bridge and grip. Please visit the site for my free advice

gilbis
                http://www.snookercoaching.************/
                Not sure why Gilbis, but anti-phishing and 'web trust' addons say your site is unsafe? I'm sure it should be OK... I just wonder why they say that tho?

Comment

Working...
                X