X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Drac View Post
    Agreed point taken.... crap day buttons pushed poor reaction apologies
    Takes a decent bloke to say that.

One thing I 100% agree on is concentration being absolute key. But that’s another chestnut that has several shades of brown. It’s doesnt just mean everyone’s quiet while you play each shot. It means your focus is so complete it doesn’t matter if someone’s banging a drum on the table next to you....
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Thanks for the comment..... yeah concentration is the biggest. if you are in a very quiet place like pro matches money matches etc a sudden noise like a phone going off will put anyone off but if your in a fairly noisy place like a club you can kind of tune out to it if that makes sense but movement in your eyeline bang concentration destroyed everytime.
      Easy on the garlic....

Comment

To get back to the original question on this thread and the quote "pros all do it" I think it's when they are playing with side many of them will fish about. The world number one is the biggest micro adjuster of the lot or has he got parkinsons ? Before anyone starts having a go and even worse name dropping or assuming they are the only ones to get close to pros to see their smooth cue actions PLEASE your having a laugh. For future reference if someone poses a question be sure you know who posed it before you jump the gun because you might upset someone on here who might know something about the game. As for me I say good luck to you all. By the way I think it's all about concentration and you can't by that. But then what do I Jimmy Robertson, Mark Davis, Leo Ferndanad, Jimmy White, Tony Drago or David Grey know? Oh **** did I just name drop.....tut tut hopefully someone just learnt a lesson courtesy of TSF free of charge.
        Sounds like your still having a bad day mate lol that’s right I’m not your mate.

Anyway I think you’ve made it clear to everyone your opinions of the micro-adjusting and my ‘name dropping’ or whatever it is you think I’m doing it’s just my opinion I’m not god like you I don’t think pro’s micro adjust from my experience and the ones I’ve met and played cueing across a ball on a break off shot is not micro adjusting. Selby his head switches to the line of the pocket when he wobbles his head but it’s his thing it works for him he’s not micro-adjusting to me that means second guessing the line you picked when you were up perhaps that’s not what we are talking about here but to me that’s the original question.

Anyway I can’t be arsed replying to you anymore about something so trivial your narcissistic personality disorder is your problem not apologising for having a bad day yesterday cos your doing it again today.

Good luck with your snooker and get some help from Samaritans or something and stop picking fights with folk on Internet forums cos I stated again and again it was simply my opinion can’t be arsed with people like you attacking every comment

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
          pottr is correct and so is nrage. To explain the term to those who don't understand it. You can see the pros doing this especially with a cut-back shot to a blind pocket and they will miss the pot when they do in most cases.

Micro-adjusting (I'm not sure if it was me that invented the term but I believe I used it first on here) is when a player selects his line of aim while standing behind the shot (correctly) and gets down straight into his address position (also correct) and then for any number of reasons he will feel he is not on the correct line of aim and you can detect just a very small movement in his hips either right or left which will move the line of aim of the cue a very tiny bit.

In most cases this will cause the pot to be missed, especially if it's a long pot or one to a closed pocket or as I said a cut-back shot to a closed pocket where accuracy down to around 1/8" is necessary.

I'm not sure of the reason for doing this and I've found that I do it from time to time and when I realize it I will stand back up (if I'm not too lazy). Some good players believe it's the spatial image we get when we are down on the cue and there may be some merit to this and players should check their sighting with the SightRight device if they can. Another cause might be because the player doesn't drop his head straight down into the address position, keeping the nose on the line of aim all the time and he therefore needs to make an adjustment when in the address position.

Bottom line...DO NOT MAKE MICRO-ADJUSTMENTS WHEN DOWN ON THE SHOT...end of story

Terry
          To back up what your saying here Terry about not being sure why we do it, I was told that it's because you cut the shot on the blind pocket with your eyes first (when your up on the shot you can see it) then your brain (when your down on the shot you can't see it) you'll notice when a pro misses this type of shot they almost always overcut it. I don't want to name drop here before someone has a bad day and tells me I am inferior to their god like status but if I can be allowed as an example there is a very famous missed black in 1985 by a very famous and excellent cueist and in his own explanation of why he missed it he says something like:

'When Dennis missed I got up out my chair and it felt like i had someone else's cue in my hand, then it felt like i had someone else's hand I got to the table and I was shaking, i remember thinking when i went down on the shot whatever you do dont bottle it and miss it thick so what do i do i wind up missing it thin'

In my humble opinion from what I've seen of them, played against them occasionally and I'm sure I'm not the only 1 again before I get told off for having an opinion and experience that differs from the great one then they don't micro-adjust unless it's a cock up pressure ball and they miss so it's not reccomended I think there's been a fair few examples given of why it's a bad idea and why a professional player would never do it.

Again on the crucible corner live on TV Steve Davis himself has explained the ghost ball sighting theory and getting down on the line of aim and only focusing on bringing the cue through straight, if we are saying they micro-adjust it makes this theory pretty much useless.

Comment

Wow your obviously unstable. Me god like ha ha your the one going to the gym. Anyway like I said I didn't want to get involved in this nonsense but you couldn't let it go. You seriously need to look at yourself and the term displacement comes to mind. Go look in a mirror I'm sure you got lots around.
            Easy on the garlic....

Comment

Wow your obviously unstable. Me god like ha ha your the one going to the gym. Anyway like I said I didn't want to get involved in this nonsense but you couldn't let it go. You seriously need to look at yourself and the term displacement comes to mind. Go look in a mirror I'm sure you got lots around.
              Can always get them to bite lol your entertaining that’s for sure.

Anyway before this thread degenerates into your egomania vs my alleged vanity & ‘name dropping because I went to the gym & took some lessons from a coach big deal then I’ll stop responding to you cause your toxic abuse yesterday was enough for everyone to see you made a fool of yourself first then apologised for it which is even funnier.

Anyway hope you have a better day today ‘mate’
              Haha

Comment

You really need to seek help. You got out of your pram because someone mugged you off a little bit. Behave
                Easy on the garlic....

Comment

You really need to seek help. You got out of your pram because someone mugged you off a little bit. Behave
                  The problem with arguing with idiots is they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience, so your attempt to influence how other people view me with your snidey comments won't work, you already got called out on it once and looked like an idiot by continuing you only make yourself look worse.

I also don't need the last word on this, so you have it I cba with drama machines like you.

Comment

Sticks and stones..... your boring me zzzzzzzzzzz. Apologies to anyone looking at this BUT I didn't start it this blokes well touchy.
                    Easy on the garlic....

Comment

Hahaha,, ""touchy"", come on guys, be good, its just a forum for opinions and they will always differ.

Peace guys..
                      JP Majestic
                      3/4
                      57"
                      17oz
                      9.5mm Elk

Comment

Your right your right no more... Derek, I apologise and think it's time to move on. I went from feeling offended to laughter and back again. Take care MATE I mean that honest...
                        Easy on the garlic....

Comment

Your right your right no more... Derek, I apologise and think it's time to move on. I went from feeling offended to laughter and back again. Take care MATE I mean that honest...
                          I was never offended and never that bothered anyway so no real hassles from me, I feel there's been some good input into this thread already without it being over shadowed by a few comments, so back on topic.

Comment

Good. So back to the original thread seriously Selby moving about is that what is meant by micro adjusting?
                            Easy on the garlic....

Comment

heres a good resent sound bite from a top player whos done a fair bit of tweaking over the years. but so important to have the basics sorted. https://youtu.be/PKQ9V72MiGQ?t=3m19s

Comment

Good. So back to the original thread seriously Selby moving about is that what is meant by micro adjusting?
                                Selby has a dominant right eye as he closes his left eye to see when he can just go past a ball, yet he sights with his left eye over the cue when down on the shot so it looks to me as though the swaying about is just his way of getting his head in the right place once he's down.
                                Could be deliberate, could be subconscious, but the head moving about will change where the cue lies within the 'vision centre' which is the place where the brain sees only one cue from the info received from two eyes.
                                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                                X