Americans have the answer for everything
    but did you watch all of it?
    what did you think?
    did you leave your feed back?

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    okay, so i got it!
    and im not gonna read to much into your wind down practice, you looked a fatigued version of your first vid over two weeks ago.. so all you've got at the moment to bring to the table is this knock about stuff till you finish your studies. thats fine.

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
    I kind of get what you're saying, not sure I would read too much into this. Tbh I really I used this as an excuse to get the house as I've been locked away all week preparing for my exams this coming week. Could just be mentally fatigued. Although it didn't look it I was trying my best maybe not 100% but the best I could give for now.

Leave a comment:

• RogiBear
    replied
    Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    just so happens i put this thread up earlier
    http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...379-motivation
    Americans have the answer for everything

Leave a comment:

• RogiBear
    replied
    yeah i guess so
    going by the body language. you didn't look comfortable. like you didn't really care or wanna be there. maybe you were thinking about something else or you skipped lunch and the tummy was grumbling.. so to me, this mirrored the way you played
    didn't look like you were really working and committed to every shot. sort of flicking them in like your gonna miss. and you were lugging that chalk around, even lying on it a few times to play a shot.
    I kind of get what you're saying, not sure I would read too much into this. Tbh I really I used this as an excuse to get the house as I've been locked away all week preparing for my exams this coming week. Could just be mentally fatigued. Although it didn't look it I was trying my best maybe not 100% but the best I could give for now.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    just so happens i put this thread up earlier
    http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...379-motivation

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
    can you expand on that?
    yeah i guess so
    going by the body language. you didn't look comfortable. like you didn't really care or wanna be there. maybe you were thinking about something else or you skipped lunch and the tummy was grumbling.. so to me, this mirrored the way you played
    didn't look like you were really working and committed to every shot. sort of flicking them in like your gonna miss. and you were lugging that chalk around, even lying on it a few times to play a shot.

Leave a comment:

• RogiBear
    replied
    sloppy rogi, very sloppy
    can you expand on that?

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    sloppy rogi, very sloppy

Leave a comment:

• RogiBear
    replied
    Played 5 frames today against my friend neither of us played particularly well, but I managed to snatch 2 frames from him with high a break of 27, colour clearance.
    Also had a few attempts at the lineup which I recorded, two before he got here and one more after before the light went out. I'll get the excuses in now: Wasn't able to play on our usual table (table 2) as some muppet broke the light the other day, so had to play on 4 which has an older and slower cloth, I also had a touch of a head cold. No where near my best, just didn't feel I was cueing well today. But I suppose if you're not playing regularly what do you expect? Made a mess of all three attempts but stuck them up as I'd be interested in what people thought of the shot selection and pace. Please forgive the horrendous potting!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLEwSM7L17Q
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNX38h0e5zA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfrJ_Bhd6nM

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    can we have a last name for you mate ted?

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    Nope. Proper session playing normally.

He's been a top Player in the English Amateur and he's beaten a few of the guys we see on TV. He's pro standard basically.
    That is fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• tedisbill
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Jeez I bet he keeps you fit. Were the reds split wide for every frame?
    Nope. Proper session playing normally.

He's been a top Player in the English Amateur and he's beaten a few of the guys we see on TV. He's pro standard basically.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    You say that, here is a list of the breaks my mate had against me in a session. Frame number is on the left:

1 - 82
    2 - 88
    3 - 69
    4 - 76
    -
    -
    7 - 75
    8 - 75
    9 - 105
    10 - 83
    11 - 140
    -
    -
    14 - 87
    15 - 87
    16 - 91

I literally hardly had a shot!!!

Haha. Great to watch though.

Note: I wrote down his breaks this particular day, just cause I was interested to see what a session would look like on paper lol.
    Jeez I bet he keeps you fit. Were the reds split wide for every frame?

Leave a comment:

• RogiBear
    replied
    Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    This is how you learn - he sounds like a great player - semi-pro-standard but he can only pot what you leave him so you are being way too slack in this department which is actually one of the most important areas to learn in snooker. At the moment your technique is good but your shot selection and basic understanding of the game is amateurish and you should pay more attention to position and tighten up your shot selection and safety because he is picking you off at the moment - watch what he does and look for his weakness.

You will get there eventually - but you will only learn after you get sick of being tanked and start looking at copying how he gets in - Does he go for everything? learn a little patience mirror what he does and frustrate him too. Sounds like you are playing an open game which he obviously likes - the way you have to be to win is to learn to play the right shot at the right time and learn a bit of ring craft - position and patience.

Just think of it as an education if you went straight to University and did a degree at the age of 10 - its hard at first but through peer learning we get better - then if we went back to junior school it would be easy because the kids there would not be at our level - the idea is to keep playing better and better players players - learn from them - then take what you learn and use it when you do take on the lesser ones yourself.

Like I say - a small bird must first learn to fly yes?
    He's not bad. I actually think my safety game is pretty good, but his long game is phenomenal. For example I play a good safety leaving him no route back to balk or to play a containing safety so he would just pot his way out probably 7/10. I try and play tight against him, but I'm not good enough yet to make the most of the few chances I create for myself. I just need to keep at it keep the practice up as much as I can.

Leave a comment:

• Byrom
    replied
    This is how you learn - he sounds like a great player - semi-pro-standard but he can only pot what you leave him so you are being way too slack in this department which is actually one of the most important areas to learn in snooker. At the moment your technique is good but your shot selection and basic understanding of the game is amateurish and you should pay more attention to position and tighten up your shot selection and safety because he is picking you off at the moment - watch what he does and look for his weakness.

You will get there eventually - but you will only learn after you get sick of being tanked and start looking at copying how he gets in - Does he go for everything? learn a little patience mirror what he does and frustrate him too. Sounds like you are playing an open game which he obviously likes - the way you have to be to win is to learn to play the right shot at the right time and learn a bit of ring craft - position and patience.

Just think of it as an education if you went straight to University and did a degree at the age of 10 - its hard at first but through peer learning we get better - then if we went back to junior school it would be easy because the kids there would not be at our level - the idea is to keep playing better and better players players - learn from them - then take what you learn and use it when you do take on the lesser ones yourself.

Like I say - a small bird must first learn to fly yes?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X