Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Messing with my basics, ruined my game!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for thinking about me

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    I was using the driving analogy just as a connection with snooker juxtaposed with a metaphorical connotation as you might say
    (

Comment

Ive been through this and it took near on 3-4 months to get myself back out and i still have moments where i over think, the way i got out of it was i stopped playing matches against people and concentrated on going down the snooker hall on my tod and put in a fair few hours just knocking the balls in then bit by bit slowly introduced technique back in. its worked for me and if i ever want to tweak my game again im off to a coach

Comment

The brain is very capable with the conscious system capable of dealing with 7 (+/-2) processes so it could be as few as 5 or as many as 9 processes at once.

The problem with players making progress is down to rushing skills acquisition. Skills are acquired in three stages Emerging - Developing - Embedded.

When a skill is embedded it becomes 'natural' and players are able to move this from their conscious mind freeing up a process.

Both players and coaches can be far too quick to move themselves or the client on too quickly before a skill has become embedded. So the cycle begins again with a new skill that will emerge then begin to develop and with only moderate successes the decision is to progress is made before the skill is embedded.

Often this is down to the time constraint of the sessions or the coach not managing or even addressing clients expectations.
        Last edited by Stupree; 30 January 2014, 09:52 PM.
        On Cue Facebook Page
        Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
        Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

very good stu, iv come across many young players these days who've never really had to go through the developing proses in anything they've ever done, constantly distracted with this and that, and always emerging with everything. obviously there are some who are embedding, but its getting fewer.
          maybe this old game that is played on one ton of table can't keep up with tomorrows metro world and the demands of the techy feckless.

Comment

thanks everyone youve given me some good advice to think about, im gonna persist as long as i can and hopefully all will come good eventually i may look into getting a bit coaching to get myself sorted rather than me trying to troubleshoot myself with my own limited knowledge of the game
            IF YOU HAVE A SHOT ON TAKE IT, NEVER MESS WITH CHANCE AND BE TOO SAFE CAUSE ONE DAY IT WILL BITE YOU IN THE ASS

Comment

if i was you fats i'd go and see chris small, he's only down the road to you and he'll put you bag on where you need to be, in a simple and concise way.
              enjoy

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                It all makes logical sense now, thanks for your input Steve... I'm not a regular golfer myself but always assumed the hole was the target... I suppose golf could be compared to sports like football, in relation to where is best to focus your eyes during the strike...
                Also in golf:

1. there arent two balls involved like in snooker, so it is different. You have to look at the OB in snooker because you want to pot the OB in the pocket... so in golf you do the same with the ball because it is hit with teh club and goes directly in to the pocket...

2. In golf the club is rather different from snooker cue tip which is small.. you have to focus on ball in golf so you hit the right point on the club ... if else the ball would reflect.
                "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                  thanks for thinking about me

Your welcome - I still remember the cooking metaphor you used once - that one was good.

Comment

Working...
                  X