the 4 contact points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Basically Dell Hill coaching isn't it? Tip to cue ball , chest to cue, etc etc.
    to me the first video not only showed the importance of the contact points but the major importance of getting online and staying there.
    Ahh yea Dell Hill- totally forgot about him. Also agreeing to get on line and stay there. But sometimes when we take a look at our self we do from time to time go into something like a funny shot. When getting exciting and so on.

But he does mentions that to practise as much as possible to make it as natural as possible to get the feel deep into your bones.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      This seems to provide the channel I need but one other thought I'm working on is to keep the cue firm against the chest during the backswing as I have a tendency to drop the butt a bit during a longer backswing and I think a lot of players do that and it's the result of dropping the elbow too much at the end of a longer backswing.
      Yes. I've been trying this recently and the results have been great for me. I'm cueing a lot more consistently and am moving a lot less on the shot and more importantly, hitting exactly at the point I'm aiming at. I had a good couple of shots last night where the white was very near the black pocket and I potted a dead straight pink into the middle back at pocket weight. That's a big improvement for me. I still have a major problem when the white is tight on the cushion as my normal set up does not work and I tend to hit to the right.

I've also noticed when I do drop the elbow on a power shot and miss it the cause has been me dropping the elbow early and accelerating using my shoulder muscle which for me (and a lot of players) is a definite no-no. Normally this has been the end result of too short a backswing for the power I wanted. Jeez, this game is tough!!!
      Terry
      One thing that has helped me a lot with those types of shot is doing something that you recommend which is to have a very slow backswing and a long deliberate pause. It helps me a lot relative to keeping some level of accuracy on power shots although I try to avoid those as much as possible.

And yes. It's a very tough game.

Comment

I've also noticed when I do drop the elbow on a power shot and miss it the cause has been me dropping the elbow early and accelerating using my shoulder muscle which for me (and a lot of players) is a definite no-no. Normally this has been the end result of too short a backswing for the power I wanted. Jeez, this game is tough!!!

Terry
        i always love it when you bring the shoulder muscle into our equations tel

Comment

I was at the club last night and tried to consciously think about keeping the cue to the chest, and it works well. I potted a few long straight shots using this technique and was having greater success then I ever have in the past. The chin is harder to keep on though as I wear snooker specs at the moment.
          Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
          My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Working...
          X