Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The importance of setting yourself realistic goals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
    Thanks mate. I ended up too straight on a blue which scuppered my chance of clearing the last 4 reds. I was getting quite nervous at that point. LOL.
    Could you have played the pink? Or baulk colour depending on where the Reds were?
    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
      Could you have played the pink? Or baulk colour depending on where the Reds were?
      Well I had a very small angle on the blue so attempted it but the white hit the pocket bump and basically ended up near the blue spot. I did try a crazy double but no joy.

Thinking about it maybe a balk colour would have been a better choice then the blue in terms of positioning or if had left the white close the middle pocket I would have had some sort of shot on. You live and learn.

Comment

It's not the blue that spoiled it, it was the shot before that left you straight on the blue that's what I would have learned from that.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          It's not the blue that spoiled it, it was the shot before that left you straight on the blue that's what I would have learned from that.
          Yes mate. I'm bad for leaving myself too straight on the blue. Something to work on.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            Yes that's the one - you should be a coach

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
              Yes that's the one - you should be a coach
              Kind of yeah. But I never play every shot perfectly. I'm constantly changing the plan during a break.
              WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
              Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
              --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                Yes mate. I'm bad for leaving myself too straight on the blue. Something to work on.
                It's a subconscious thing leaving yourself an easy pot when approaching your best line up score rather than making sure you leave a half ball angle from which better position can be gained. Don't fear to play the positional shot on the blue a tad too hard as there is always a baulk colour on standby.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                  It's a subconscious thing leaving yourself an easy pot when approaching your best line up score
                  Which is what I did.

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                  Don't fear to play the positional shot on the blue a tad too hard as there is always a baulk colour on standby.
                  Thanks. I will remember that next time.

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                    Kind of yeah. But I never play every shot perfectly. I'm constantly changing the plan during a break.
                    Yeah same here - which is why sometimes I think shot selection and understanding how to give yourself options in a game can be as important as learning better positional play

Comment

Working...
                    X