• Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    I like your style jrc!
    I like an impossible shot into the middle bag at speed

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      About 164 mm for a full revolution isn't it lol
      please don't go all modern on me, the millipede wasn't invented when I did arithmetic at skool ... it sounds about right but what's that in inches?

I like an impossible shot into the middle bag on speed
      with respect jrc, this is a snooker forum - if you want to discuss your private life down the discotheque on a Saturday night, please could you use the off-topic forum

Comment

What's "rolling up behind a colour"?
        Maybe this will help

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
          please don't go all modern on me, the millipede wasn't invented when I did arithmetic at skool ... it sounds about right but what's that in inches?

with respect jrc, this is a snooker forum - if you want to discuss your private life down the discotheque on a Saturday night, please could you use the off-topic forum
          About 6 1/2"
          Love some speed me lol

Comment

About 6 1/2"
            yep, you're right at 164mm or 6.5" ish ... I think that would really surprise Thorne, Virgo, Taylor etc since they seem to think one roll is maybe 1 inch or 2 ...

Comment

What's "rolling up behind a colour"?
              I'm with you ted, never play them, the shot should be banned, had a gutfull of roll ups against me when I used to play pool.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                I'm with you ted, never play them, the shot should be banned, had a gutfull of roll ups against me when I used to play pool.
                like in 6-Reds
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Not as trivial as many think. Can be quite a nervy shot in competition for example.
                  Guys who never play roll ups, but instead go for near impossible pots are responsible for colours ending up on cushions thereby making the frames last a lot longer than needed. The more colours you keep on their spots, including the baulk colours, more enjoyable your frame will be...and quicker. At least, that's the way I see it.

Comment

depends if you're the one stuck behind a baulk colour every time you come to the table or not, I don't find that particularly enjoyable.

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
                      Not as trivial as many think. Can be quite a nervy shot in competition for example.
                      Guys who never play roll ups, but instead go for near impossible pots are responsible for colours ending up on cushions thereby making the frames last a lot longer than needed. The more colours you keep on their spots, including the baulk colours, more enjoyable your frame will be...and quicker. At least, that's the way I see it.
                      In practice, I prefer to clip off a baulk colour and leave the White on the baulk cushion. Can still leave the colour in open play as well then.

Of course in a match, I'll roll up all day long lol.
                      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                        depends if you're the one stuck behind a baulk colour every time you come to the table or not, I don't find that particularly enjoyable.
                        No problem. If I fail to get out of snooker, then the problem is in my poor execution. Escaping from snooker is a big part of the game.

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
                          + 10 to that !!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X