X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frank didn't charge, and he was a nice player with pedigree

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      If you want the knowledge don't go to the WPBSA short course, spend the money and get certified by Nic Barrow as a Master Coach. It will take you 5-6 days in Milton Keynes.

As has been mentioned, Del Hill is another good option and Terry Griffiths Matchroom if he's still doing it now that Wayne is in Hong Kong.

Terry
      So do you think somebody with a high break of 80, would get on OK and qualify as a master coach?
      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

with two grand down im sure something could be arranged

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
          with two grand down im sure something could be arranged
          Yup! I wonder how many people fail each year?

Comment

Wouldn't bother me going to someone without these coaching certificates, at most all these may get you is the first lesson, but if you can't deliver, then folk won't come back. It's what you know, what you can spot, and how you explain things, this is what a good coach has, nothing to do with courses and letters after your name. Personally I would rather go to people like Pottr, J6, DCrackers etc, than an eighty break player with some certificates.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
              Ha ! I'd like to see it Ted, sorry you've failed, shall I book you in for another go in a months time?, that's another Two grand please, rekon I would need a new cue after that as the one I had been using would be wedged right up their jacksie
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                Wouldn't bother me going to someone without these coaching certificates, at most all these may get you is the first lesson, but if you can't deliver, then folk won't come back. It's what you know, what you can spot, and how you explain things, this is what a good coach has, nothing to do with courses and letters after your name. Personally I would rather go to people like Pottr, J6, DCrackers etc, than an eighty break player with some certificates.
                Exactly mate. These "qualifications" are pretty pointless to be honest.

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                Ha ! I'd like to see it Ted, sorry you've failed, shall I book you in for another go in a months time?, that's another Two grand please, rekon I would need a new cue after that as the one I had been using would be wedged right up their jacksie
                Make sure you follow through nicely to show you were paying attention during the day though

Comment

Could i be a snooker coach?

qualifications are more helpful abroad i think where being a wpbsa or isbf coach might help you get more work. I did them from a business side knowing that i would get more work. I must admit I did learn a lot from Nic Barrows coaching course. Although i had been coaching for 5 years before that. However no course can turn you into a coach overnight. I believe you do need to be able to play to a fairly high standard and need skills like patience, knowledge, communication and observation skills etc. I would try it first before taking a course and charging people anything. You may hate it.
                  coaching is not just for the pros
                  www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                    There have been some students who just haven't made the grade and in that case Nic will work with the student to get him up to the standard at no extra charge by the way.

Remember Nic has coached ROS and Ding and was coaching Ding when he won those tournaments last year but for unrelated reasons Ding's manageress decided to stop the arrangement. Most of the great and good players have gone to coaches sometime in their careers just look at some of the comments on Terry Griffiths, the guy who runs SightRight, Del Hill, Chris Henry and a few others.

The matter a player who wants coaching has to decide is how good is the coach for him? That would become clear after one 2hr session. If the coach can clearly explain and have the student understand completely then that coach would probably be a good one.

Terry
                    Terry Davidson
                    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Think master coach just doesn't sound right for a snooker coach and maybe it's just the wrong terminology, when I think master coach i automatically think Bruce Lee and his clan.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                        There have been some students who just haven't made the grade and in that case Nic will work with the student to get him up to the standard at no extra charge by the way.
                        Well if your highest break ever was 80, surely that would take a couple of years?

Comment

money slap balls certificate tshirt smile picture handshake car home

Comment

probably got people operating on us that's got their qualifications same way

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                              probably got people operating on us that's got their qualifications same way
                              maybe but you can't buy the quality knowledge that comes from graft and experience

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                                maybe but you can't buy the quality knowledge that comes from graft and experience
                                Couldn't agree more

Comment

Working...
                                X