Straight cueing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
    I think Tel puts an OB on the cushion at the end of the line j6.

I know you're trying to engrain some muscle memory but without a target to focus on I fear for anyone trying this who looks at their cue going up and down the baulk line and then subconsciously takes that to the match table, as there is a really good chance that the muscle memory achieved will be associated with, and only coincide with, looking at the cue.

Ok I accept that those who are natural potters like yourself won't do this and could (did in your case) hone a straighter cue action that will help them, but we're dealing with all sorts on the coaching threads and what is written can and will be taken literally by some.

Playing over the spots with a block of chalk on the wood of the cushion rail as a target to focus on, directly in line on the top cushion behind the black spot is a better option IMO.

No line on the table to look at but if the cue ball comes back to your tip then you're cueing OK while keeping your eyes on a target with no separation of target focus and muscle memory. And this is something that you can take to potting angled balls, the experience of keeping your eye on the target during the delivery stroke.
    do the spots by all means but if you really want to develop a pipe like cue action hear me. get on the baulk line and feel every nuance of movement from the tips of your toes to the crown of your head

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      okay so we're the same standard then,fancy a cueing challenge?
      Ye id fancy a bit of that

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
        Ye id fancy a bit of that
        im sure it would be better for you to demonstrate your point practically

Comment

Working...
        X