No announcement yet.

Snooker Coaches in Glasgow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi David you have yet to say what's you level of snooker and why do you think you need a coach ?
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Hi Warren

Just posted this in another related thread but applies here I think!

Hi Guys

I seem to have opened the proverbial can of worms here LOL. OK here is my situation. In my teens I was in the snooker hall 6-7 days a week and I was at a level where I was knocking in regular 50,60 and 70+ breaks with a highest ever of 97 (jawed a high black off the spot for the ton aaaarrrgggh - I'm sure my bottle went!). Havent played much in the intervening years up until about 6 months ago when I started to play regularly again. My highest break in this time has been a 56 in play and a 71 in a line up. I am now free to devote as much time as I want to snooker and intend to do so. I am playing and practising but I feel I need a structured and progressive plan for practice rather than just knocking balls in on my own. I am keen to get some coaching to identify the flaws in my play and hopefully suitable practice routines to address them. I would also like to look at my safety game as I hope to maybe start entering some amateur leagues/ comps in Paisley or Glasgow later this year (unfortunately our local league folded a couple of years ago). My thinking was that if I got a day or two's coaching at regular intervals with a plan to follow in between it would give me something concrete to work on and subsequent coaching sessions could measure my progress. I don't have a target in mind and I'm not desperate to knock in a ton though it would be nice. I just want to practice smart, play a whole lot of snooker and see how far I can get. I am in a fortunate position that I can afford some coaching and have the time work not withstanding to practice a lot. I admit I am a bit baffled by the amount of coaches that are out there / available in the West of Scotland but I am drawn to the idea of someone who has played the game to a decent standard. No insult intended to those coaches who haven't and I am well aware that to be a good coach does not necessarily mean you have to play your chosen sport to a high standard. Anyway thanks for all the replies and I'll let you know how I go (probably to take up dominoes or summat )

Cheers

David

Comment

Working...
      X