Best not ask. Les is threatening to take an axe to his middle pockets
    Haha! Here we go again!
    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      Are the middle pockets moving when he takes the shot?
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

What's the problem with middle pockets Terry?

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
          Haha! Here we go again!
          LMAO.....LOL Sorry I have not replied. I am not receiving any email notifications. I make even the easiest tables look tough... just kidding well not really. Actually I was talking with TD and my biggest problem I am having is deciding where I want to go on my next shot and how I get there. I find no matter what routine I try I am out of position shortly after I start. We played in a tournament on the weekend I got beat three straight with a high break of 10. I have narrowed it down to giving myself very tough shots with bad position. Just to make sure my cue action is running straight through I ran 40 long blues from the baulk line making 30/40.
          " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
          " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
          http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• Well, Les! How is the practice going?
            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
              Well, Les! How is the practice going?
              Not good. I was up and played with TD, then had a guy down that plays as an open player in our league and he beat me 4-2 which was not bad for me but then our weather turned real nice and I got a few more games of golf in. Our next tourney is in a little less then two weeks so this week I will be back at it. I have sent my GBL Cue back to Stu to have 2" taken off it which should really help with my compact style. TD really thinks it will help.

Comment

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                Not good. I was up and played with TD, then had a guy down that plays as an open player in our league and he beat me 4-2 which was not bad for me but then our weather turned real nice and I got a few more games of golf in. Our next tourney is in a little less then two weeks so this week I will be back at it. I have sent my GBL Cue back to Stu to have 2" taken off it which should really help with my compact style. TD really thinks it will help.
                Before anyone jumps on me for recommending a shorter cue for Les...he is limited by being unable to straighten his right (bridge) arm and with a normal length cue and his normal set-up he actually has 4" (or more) hanging out the back of his grip. The only thing I'm wondering about is how removing 2" will change the flex of the cue.
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Before anyone jumps on me for recommending a shorter cue for Les...he is limited by being unable to straighten his right (bridge) arm and with a normal length cue and his normal set-up he actually has 4" (or more) hanging out the back of his grip. The only thing I'm wondering about is how removing 2" will change the flex of the cue.
                  I guess we will see. If it doesn't work I have many cues. I know it has a much softer feel then my JP I am using now and they both have the same tip. He is also going to install a black fiber ferrule. I hope to have it back late next week.

Comment

• its gonna be a very different cue , but he may like it. messy though. how long is the cue?

Comment

• what will be the final length? is it gonna be an inch off the bottom and top?

Comment

• Expensive modification !
                        Surely someone local could do it? ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                          its gonna be a very different cue , but he may like it. messy though. how long is the cue?
                          I bought the cue used off Stu to try as it was a half inch short at 56-1/2" total length is going to be 54-1/2" when finished.
                          Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                          what will be the final length? is it gonna be an inch off the bottom and top?
                          I am not sure how they are taking it down. I have left it up to them. I told him I wanted the weight to remain the same.
                          Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Expensive modification !
                          Surely someone local could do it? ?
                          Price wise Stu is really good. He figured some where around 25£ to 30£ the expensive part is getting it there and back. As for getting it done around here there is nothing. You guys have no idea...LOL You mention Snooker and most people don't even know what you are talking about. If you want a custom hockey stick designed not a problem.....

Comment

• I thought maybe a pool cue guy could sort it, or maybe Terry?

Comment

I took 2 inches off my cue and the shaft feels a lot stiffer. Shaft was re-taper although I cannot remember details.
                              The balance was odd afterwards. Feels like a different cue.

Comment

• Originally Posted by lbs View Post
                                I took 2 inches off my cue and the shaft feels a lot stiffer. Shaft was re-taper although I cannot remember details.
                                The balance was odd afterwards. Feels like a different cue.
                                Well I guess I will see how it feels when I get it back. I haven't used the cue in two years so it will feel different anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X