The Les Edwards Snooker Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
    Yes for sure. I was playing my youngest son and my partner, they where taking two shots to my one. They left me in the balls and I ran five blacks and two blues. The minute they left I posted it on the TSF and text Cliff. Cliff called me around midnight the same night to talk about it and to make sure I never forget that moment because that moment will happen again and maybe you will look for more balls to free up next time. I ran out of reds in the open and that was the end of my break, 52 I just made it.
    Great 52 break Les. In UK we would class that as our highest break in practice because it's a knockabout frame. We would then class a match break as the best we have had in the league or knockout tournament where it means a bit more and playing under a bit more pressure.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
      Great 52 break Les. In UK we would class that as our highest break in practice because it's a knockabout frame. We would then class a match break as the best we have had in the league or knockout tournament where it means a bit more and playing under a bit more pressure.
      Yes I agree with you I really should have 43 Match 52 Practice and Line Up I will change that right now.
      " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
      " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
      http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Yes I agree with you I really should have 43 Match 52 Practice and Line Up I will change that right now.
        Nice 43 in a match mate. How does your tournament work? You mention red ball and black ball players, is it a handicap format?

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
          Nice 43 in a match mate. How does your tournament work? You mention red ball and black ball players, is it a handicap format?
          We have actually taken the ratings from another association that 95% of the guys have played in. Basically the Red Players are the average players which have breaks in the 20's and 30's then the Black players will have breaks from 50 to 100 or more. Our Red players play off until there is 4 left then our black players play off till there is 4 left then we do a structured draw for the quarters. From there everyone gets cash. As a Red player keeps making it into the last four and possibly beating the odd black player he will then be moved up to a Black player. We just started this a month ago so there are a lot of learning curves. We are always open to suggestions but please PM as I want to keep this post about our snooker challenges in life.

Comment

We have actually taken the ratings from another association that 95% of the guys have played in. Basically the Red Players are the average players which have breaks in the 20's and 30's then the Black players will have breaks from 50 to 100 or more. Our Red players play off until there is 4 left then our black players play off till there is 4 left then we do a structured draw for the quarters. From there everyone gets cash. As a Red player keeps making it into the last four and possibly beating the odd black player he will then be moved up to a Black player. We just started this a month ago so there are a lot of learning curves. We are always open to suggestions but please PM as I want to keep this post about our snooker challenges in life.
            Cheers for answering my question Les, was just interested in the set up. It was a bit off the threads topic but there are 103 pages and over 1000 posts on this and it's not all about the 5 challenges that have been set. Good luck with your practice.

Comment

Yes for sure. I was playing my youngest son and my partner, they where taking two shots to my one. They left me in the balls and I ran five blacks and two blues. The minute they left I posted it on the TSF and text Cliff. Cliff called me around midnight the same night to talk about it and to make sure I never forget that moment because that moment will happen again and maybe you will look for more balls to free up next time. I ran out of reds in the open and that was the end of my break, 52 I just made it.
              Very good Les. A half century

One exercise I practice every session is this. I make sure the pack is quite loose. I tend to bunch them behind the pink by hand:-

Pot the long red. Leave yourself lowish on the black. Pot the black in and smash the pack.
              I practice potting the black and smashing the pack quite often. I'm sure it will come in handy later.
              Last edited by cyberheater; 24 February 2015, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                Very good Les. A half century

One exercise I practice every session is this:-

Pot the long red. Leave yourself lowish on the black. Pot the black in and smash the pack.
                That's a good one. There are so many out there, where do start. That's why Ted put me on the straight and narrow..... keeps me focused. I just put some balls on the table, I will get loosened up then see if I can get a video of me doing challenge #5 just for J6......

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                  Wow. I have to ask. As one married man to another. How do you fit it in. What does your typical week look like?
                  Monday work 8:30-2pm Gym from 2:30-4:30pm snooker practice 8pm-11pm
                  Tuesday work 8:30-3:30pm gym. 4-6pm no snooker
                  Wednesday work 8:30-2pm , snooker solo 2:30-5:30pm home for tea then 1 frame league match about 9pm
                  Thursday work 8:30 - 3:30pm , go home , snooker 6-7 frames with a mate 8pm-12
                  Friday no work, gym 5pm - 7:30pm no snooker
                  Saturday no work, snooker so 8:30pm - 1:30am
                  Sunday sleep and then doing bugger all

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                    Wednesday work 8:30-2pm , snooker solo 2:30-5:30pm home for tea then 1 frame league match about 9pm
                    That's quite a week. you must have very good wife......

Comment

Either that or she's glad to get shot of him

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                        Either that or she's glad to get shot of him
                        Never thought about that Leo...... I get most of my practice in after lunch till 5, then sometimes a couple hours right after diner. If I am lucky I might find someone that wants to venture out here for a couple games. I have had one good match which was six games in the last month.....

Comment

It's taken years of planning, but I've finally broke her.... lol

She gets me Tuesday , Friday and Sunday. That's her lot
                          Last edited by alabadi; 24 February 2015, 07:29 PM.

Comment

It's taken years of planning, but I've finally broke her.... lol

She gets me Tuesday , Friday and Sunday. That's her lot
                            You have her well trained, I tried that with my first wife but she was not trainable so I got rid of her and got a new one that was trainable.....

Comment

You have her well trained, I tried that with my first wife but she was not trainable so I got rid of her and got a new one that was trainable.....
                              Good for u Les, she must be well trained to allow u to have a snooker room , I coudnt get away with that's one

Comment

Amazing

Nice work mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X