The Les Edwards Snooker Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Ricky2112 View Post
    Well done Les, defo changed days for you, try to enjoy your weekends snooker no matter what the outcome is. It might take you a little longer to take what you have to tournament conditions but in your mind you have no reason to approach the weekend with any negative thoughts. Not long before you have these session of your life mate. So much easier playing with a smile on your face lol.

Good luck Ricky
    Thanks I am defiantly going with a changed attitude. I have my Son coming for the afternoon tomorrow so I will get a little practice match in.
    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• Ugh, this exercise is really tough. Tried to get a run of at least 2 on camera but could only manage 1 and a half. So here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXFBRR9Y7wg

Let's see some other videos guys!

Comment

• Thats a decent start. Keep practising.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fractivsammy View Post
          Ugh, this exercise is really tough. Tried to get a run of at least 2 on camera but could only manage 1 and a half. So here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXFBRR9Y7wg

Let's see some other videos guys!
          I will try and get a video up on Sunday morning.TD and myself are running a Snooker tournament tomorrow. I am not being notified of posts through email again. I have ran 30 twice so 5 blues is still my best. I played a best of 7 against my younger son on Thursday which I whipped him giving him 50 the last game and with 90 points in total. Cleared the colours from the brown also had a couple breaks in the 20's. Every game we played I had at least one break over 20. Feeling very good about tomorrow. I will let you know the out come.

Comment

• Sounds like you're making some real improvements. Nice!

Comment

• I'm stuck on the 15 red challenge. For shame I've still not completed with a single attempt.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                I'm stuck on the 15 red challenge. For shame I've still not completed with a single attempt.
                That's alright, just stick at it. It doesn't mean you've got to complete it all in one go this week. Just try and constantly improve your best. Might take a few weeks but don't give up!
                WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• You will do it Cyber, keep at it.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• spent a couple of hours doing the reds and blue exercise, i'm telling you its one frustrating exercise, it looks so simple but its not. i'm finding once the white is just a couple of inches too high on the blue and its difficult to get a good position for the next red.

the best i've done so far is 4 reds with blues, its a great exercise and i am sure the more i do it the better i will get, i've potted some really tough recovery shots. blues into the bottom bags. deep screwback reds from besides the blue to get back on the blue, blues round the houses ....etc, etc.

its just getting them all put together that's the issue for me. although some of those recovery shots can help in a match i really want to get the correct position on the blue to make it easy to get to the next red.

i guess i will just have to knuckle down and practice more.
                    Last edited by alabadi; 1 March 2015, 05:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                      spent a couple of hours doing the reds and blue exercise, i'm telling you its one frustrating exercise, it looks so simple but its not. i'm finding once the white is just a couple of inches too high on the blue and its difficult to get a good position for the next red.

the best i've done so far is 4 reds with blues, its a great exercise and i am sure the more i do it the better i will get, i've potted some really tough recovery shots. blues into the bottom bags. deep screwback reds from besides the blue to get back on the blue, blues round the houses ....etc, etc.

its just getting them all put together that's the issue for me. although some of those recovery shots can help in a match i really want to get the correct position on the blue to make it easy to get to the next red.

It is a tough one but a very useful one that comes up a lot in a game. I won my first match today but lost my second match but there was a few times where I found myself in the situation where I needed to make a cut on a red stun off a cushion out for a blue because the Pink n a black where tied up. I am back tomorrow to help out so it might be Monday before I put up a video of me doing the Reds n Blue. I hope I can run five or more again.

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                        That's alright, just stick at it. It doesn't mean you've got to complete it all in one go this week. Just try and constantly improve your best. Might take a few weeks but don't give up!
                        Yes I will be back at the 15 Reds also this week as my best it still one miss. I love to mix up previous challenges just to make sure I am still improving.

Comment

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                          It is a tough one but a very useful one that comes up a lot in a game. I won my first match today but lost my second match but there was a few times where I found myself in the situation where I needed to make a cut on a red stun off a cushion out for a blue because the Pink n a black where tied up. I am back tomorrow to help out so it might be Monday before I put up a video of me doing the Reds n Blue. I hope I can run five or more again.
                          I would like to see a video of you doing 5 reds and blues as you say you've managed so far.

Comment

• Next challenge should be a difficult one that will get the energy going and the heart racing in such a way if completed will give those participants a buzz when or if completed.
                            Set the table up as normal but instead of 15 reds in the triangle put 6 reds in the triangle and start off with potting the black and spitting the pack and clearing the table. Great break building exercise this especially, because if you don't hit the pack correctly you'll be starting again.

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                              spent a couple of hours doing the reds and blue exercise, i'm telling you its one frustrating exercise, it looks so simple but its not. i'm finding once the white is just a couple of inches too high on the blue and its difficult to get a good position for the next red.

Its the first one of the challenges I found tough Alabadi, without sticking blues in the top bags I doubt I could do it more than a couple of times if I'm lucky. I have seen pros break down or run out of position all the time around the blue spot and either muck it up or have to take a Baulk colour, I wonder if Pottr stuck at it and how many he did?.
                              I watched the Stephen Lee video and I know he wasn't really trying but he didn't land nicely a lot of the time and him not trying is still five hundred times better than me flat out lol.
                              Quick aside up to 47 blacks off the spot, doing 25-35 a lot now.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                Its the first one of the challenges I found tough Alabadi, without sticking blues in the top bags I doubt I could do it more than a couple of times if I'm lucky. I have seen pros break down or run out of position all the time around the blue spot and either muck it up or have to take a Baulk colour, I wonder if Pottr stuck at it and how many he did?.
                                I watched the Stephen Lee video and I know he wasn't really trying but he didn't land nicely a lot of the time and him not trying is still five hundred times better than me flat out lol.
                                Quick aside up to 47 blacks off the spot, doing 25-35 a lot now.
                                It's up to you if you want to carry on going for a 100'but I can't see how that's going to help your game anymore then potting 30 straight blacks, I mean what happens when you pot 100 then the next time you try it you only get 20. Mix some reds up and make it more difficult like you're playing in real time...Unless of course it's just something you're determined to do and you will do it nethertheless what anyone else thinks.

Comment

Working...
                                X