Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
    Sounds like the average frame in the league lol
    Not sure what league you play in but it must be torture if the frames go like that
    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
      Not sure what league you play in but it must be torture if the frames go like that
      We get very good players that can run 80's and we get average players that can run 30's and then there is me making my 15 and making a mess of the table. Just cannot get to that next notch. If you can consistently run 30's and 40's you will win your fair share of matches. I have spent countless hours trying to get there but still not there.
      " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
      " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
      http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

• You have not spent countless hours Les - not yet at least.

Why not just attack the game more les - might get you in a more positive frame of mind instead of worrying about the other guy. I mean what is the point in playing safe if all the colours are tied up anyway? What is the other fella going to make if you miss? Play safe when you need to but try and open up the game pot a red move a colour into open play and play safe try and open up the game for yourself next shot you get. Or go for a hard colour - basically go for you shots more.

Your learning but why so much safety? - you can do that stuff Les but you need to get more adventurous - going for everything is good to get you in the frame of mind to attack the game - you might supprise yourself

Four hours for six frames would kill me dead.

Comment

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
          We get very good players that can run 80's and we get average players that can run 30's and then there is me making my 15 and making a mess of the table. Just cannot get to that next notch. If you can consistently run 30's and 40's you will win your fair share of matches. I have spent countless hours trying to get there but still not there.
          That's because you put way to much pressure on yourself, you can do all the routines you like and live on your table but you will always crumble when it matters until you learn to relax when you're playing.

I was like that for a long time but my results in matches did not improve until i stopped caring so much and started enjoying the game again.

You're novice and nobody expects you to be any good so use that to your advantage and start slamming in the breaks, you should stop posting on this thread until you play a tournament and win a few matches because this thread is turning into Groundhog Day

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
            what is the point in playing safe if all the colours are tied up anyway? What is the other fella going to make if you miss? Play safe when you need to but try and open up the game pot a red move a colour into open play and play safe try and open up the game for yourself next shot you get.
            just what i was going to say. i play a friend who will spoil the colours at the first opportunity, going for crazy un necessary pots and spoiling a frame. so if i come to the table and pot a red but find black, pink and blue or tied, rather than going for a baulk colour i will try and brink a high value colour back into play while trying to get a good safety.

so if my opponent failed a shot at least i have an opportunity to get some sort of break

Comment

• Carry on doing the tournements if that's what you want Les but with you struggling with the simplest of challenges I'm wondering if you're turning up to these comps to just make the numbers up. All this safety play bollox is not going to help your game whatsoever especially as you're struggling with basic potting.
              Sometimes you have to accept where you are with your ability and if it improves then great, and if it don't just enjoy the game and hope for good days and bad days and try not to get down on yourself.

Comment

• I feel like everyone is being a bit harsh again and expecting too much from Les. I mean, it's only been this year that he's actually properly focused on some routines and started practicing properly, and now everybody wants him making 70 breaks and he should accept his level? Sounds a bit defeatist to me.
                WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                  I feel like everyone is being a bit harsh again and expecting too much from Les. I mean, it's only been this year that he's actually properly focused on some routines and started practicing properly, and now everybody wants him making 70 breaks and he should accept his level? Sounds a bit defeatist to me.

I don't expect anything of him as it's clear his problems are in his head as he makes top breaks of 15 during a four hour six frame marathon but when he plays with his son he can make a 50

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                    I don't expect anything of him as it's clear his problems are in his head as he makes top breaks of 15 during a four hour six frame marathon but when he plays with his son he can make a 50
                    Yes you are right on that Geordie, at least 20's and 30's. I play a different game with my son as I know he cannot run any big breaks and I know I will get a shot at tbe balls. Possibly my biggest problem as I put myself in the wrong frame of mind before we start as being inferior to my opponent. The match I won a couple weeks ago I went into that match knowing I could beat him as I did not feel he was as good as me but yesterday I did not do that and even after taking the first two frames I still was thinking that instead of going full steam a head and walking around the table like I owned it.

Comment

• its been made quite clear that its not just his head like all of us and bad technique but its really more about his elbow and shoulders

Comment

• WEEK EIGHT: 1 red Break

Position the red pink and black as shown in the image. Your goal is to make the biggest break you can using only one red. Every time you pot the red, fetch it back out and put it back in between the black and pink. Stay in good position and you should be aiming for at least 50+ break with this challenge.

Good luck!

image.jpg
                        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                          its been made quite clear that its not just his head like all of us and bad technique but its really more about his elbow and shoulders
                          Yes your right to a point as my shoulders both start to ache after a couple hours but I will not let that stand in my way. I will make it eventually.my frame of mind has a lot to do with it. More work on the last challenge is needed along with pink off the spot as I missed almost every shot to the middle pocket yesterday.

Comment

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                            Yes your right to a point as my shoulders both start to ache after a couple hours but I will not let that stand in my way. I will make it eventually.my frame of mind has a lot to do with it. More work on the last challenge is needed along with pink off the spot as I missed almost every shot to the middle pocket yesterday.
                            Do you still practice the full line up Les? Noticed your best is 73, it helps me with cueing and finding a rhythm when potting a few. Helps with your potting and position around the black and also the pink to middle which you say your struggling with. The target is there to beat your 73 as well.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                              its been made quite clear that its not just his head like all of us and bad technique but its really more about his elbow and shoulders
                              His technique that does ok against his son but poorly when it matters?

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                                You have not spent countless hours Les - not yet at least.

Why not just attack the game more les - might get you in a more positive frame of mind instead of worrying about the other guy. I mean what is the point in playing safe if all the colours are tied up anyway? What is the other fella going to make if you miss? Play safe when you need to but try and open up the game pot a red move a colour into open play and play safe try and open up the game for yourself next shot you get. Or go for a hard colour - basically go for you shots more.

Your learning but why so much safety? - you can do that stuff Les but you need to get more adventurous - going for everything is good to get you in the frame of mind to attack the game - you might supprise yourself

Four hours for six frames would kill me dead.
                                I totally agree with this, I think it will build confidence and increase high runs...
                                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X