Getting a snooker table!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
    Hey guys, just a practice update on the table for anyone that would like to know...its playing really well, think I've gotten a good feel for the speed of the cloth and the cushions.
    Some nice potting there. Must be fantastic having your own table.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
      Some nice potting there. Must be fantastic having your own table.
      Cheers dude, yea I'm still over the moon about it

Comment

Oma have you been to bed yet since the table arrived? Great potting. Our tournament is next Saturday at the Corner Bank. You can actually go to our website and sign in if you are going to play. www.ontariosnooker.club
        " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
        " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
        http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
          Oma have you been to bed yet since the table arrived? Great potting. Our tournament is next Saturday at the Corner Bank. You can actually go to our website and sign in if you are going to play. www.ontariosnooker.club
          Yes, Feb 28th and we hope to get 24+ players
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Hey guys, just a practice update on the table for anyone that would like to know...its playing really well, think I've gotten a good feel for the speed of the cloth and the cushions.
            good stuff Oma, very Nice !! you change the length of your backswing to control the speed of The CB !! Have you ever tried the same backswing (long backswing like that red on 6:18 minutes to get to the black), but with different bridge hand height ?? what I mean is: long backswing with each shot, adjust the height of your bridge hand to control the CB. (This is not a criticism ,,'s just a question). you play well and what works for you is the main thing !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
              good stuff Oma, very Nice !! you change the length of your backswing to control the speed of The CB !! Have you ever tried the same backswing (long backswing like that red on 6:18 minutes to get to the black), but with different bridge hand height ?? what I mean is: long backswing with each shot, adjust the height of your bridge hand to control the CB. (This is not a criticism ,,'s just a question). you play well and what works for you is the main thing !!!
              Hey not at all, I'm always open to hear other peoples advice. Its how you get better learning from every perspective As for my backswing, Im actually not too sure exactly what I'm doing...I just try and get a feel for the shot and focus on timing rather then think about the length of my strokes. I will definitely try out what your saying about the bride hand height, I really only change the height depending how much screw, stun, or follow I apply...but Im open to experiment with different ways of playing it. Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                Haha! I suppose I have spent a bit too many sleepless nights practicing But thanks, and yea I will try my best to make it to that one.
                Last edited by OmaMiesta; 19 February 2015, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                  Yes, Feb 28th and we hope to get 24+ players
                  Cool, I might have a buddy interested as well. Will pass on the information, thanks

Comment

Cool, I might have a buddy interested as well. Will pass on the information, thanks
                    I notice your post is at 4am! I think Les has the truth of it. I hope you're taking time to have something to eat now and again.
                    Terry Davidson

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                      I notice your post is at 4am! I think Les has the truth of it. I hope you're taking time to have something to eat now and again.
                      I noticed that too. After watching some of your videos I need lots of points....

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                        Hey not at all, I'm always open to hear other peoples advice. Its how you get better learning from every perspective As for my backswing, Im actually not too sure exactly what I'm doing...I just try and get a feel for the shot and focus on timing rather then think about the length of my strokes. I will definitely try out what your saying about the bride hand height, I really only change the height depending how much screw, stun, or follow I apply...but Im open to experiment with different ways of playing it. Thanks for the feedback!
                        to be honest, it was just a question!! I am not in a position to give you any advice !! BTW,,, your technique is good enough, so why change it? but,, the way you strike the CB, I expected more live in CB. I don't think that has to do with your table, but with the cloth.
                        But that's just my personal opinion!! Is not a disaster although, you can always change it in future!! Enjoy ur game !!!

Comment

• Oma:

I had a chance to take a good look at your video. As far as I could see there's not one damned thing wrong with your technique, you stay very still on the shot, drive through the cueball well and everything looks very smooth. With that cue action plus practice there is no way you aren't going to improve rapidly. I figure there are a few players on here who would give their left nut for a cue action like that.

If you have a mind to I think you should try and play in some tournaments since that is the real acid test for a player what with the tension and the mind-set that if you lose you don't get a second chance, unscrew the cue and out the door. Our ontariosnooker.club tournament is Feb 28th and there is a direct entry to the Canadian Champs at the same club March 21/22. Entry fee to our tournament is $40 and entry to the direct entry is $50.

Check out 'thecornerbank.ca' for all the details under 'Coming Events - Snooker'
                          Terry Davidson

Comment

Oma:

I had a chance to take a good look at your video. As far as I could see there's not one damned thing wrong with your technique, you stay very still on the shot, drive through the cueball well and everything looks very smooth. With that cue action plus practice there is no way you aren't going to improve rapidly. I figure there are a few players on here who would give their left nut for a cue action like that.

If you have a mind to I think you should try and play in some tournaments since that is the real acid test for a player what with the tension and the mind-set that if you lose you don't get a second chance, unscrew the cue and out the door. Our ontariosnooker.club tournament is Feb 28th and there is a direct entry to the Canadian Champs at the same club March 21/22. Entry fee to our tournament is $40 and entry to the direct entry is $50.

Check out 'thecornerbank.ca' for all the details under 'Coming Events - Snooker'
                            Well I don't think I will give my left nut I will give both.... Oma is a good player now and can only get better with that action. Defiantly a Black player. He will give all those guys a run including you. I just keep playing frame after frame against myself and since yesterday have been making regular 20's breaks in every frame which for me is great from my normal 8. Keep up the good work Oma. See you on the 28th. You can fill out our online pre registration if you would like.

Comment

Oma:

Appreciate the kind words Terry.. but to be honest I don't have much experience in tournaments and I'm sure its a completely different/challenging experience under the pressure and such. I will try my best to make it to the 28th one, not too sure the difference between "black and red" players but I can assure you Im not the better of the two colours. Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                                Appreciate the kind words Terry.. but to be honest I don't have much experience in tournaments and I'm sure its a completely different/challenging experience under the pressure and such. I will try my best to make it to the 28th one, not too sure the difference between "black and red" players but I can assure you Im not the better of the two colours. Thanks for the info!
                                The Red players are excited if they run 30 and if they run 50 they are over the moon. Most Red players have never seen 50 before. Your running 50 like nothing in practice. In a line up most of them would be somewhere between 35 and 55.

Comment

Working...
                                X