Getting a snooker table!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
    Yes you pay when you get there. $40.00 and we had to put you down as a black so you need to be there by 1:00. Feel free to come earlier and chat. Our Red players only dream of 50 breaks so it would not be fair to them. We will see how you make out and go from there.
    Aw man...im telling you guys I'm not a black, I rarely make 50s in match play lol

Comment

Yes you pay when you get there. $40.00 and we had to put you down as a black so you need to be there by 1:00. Feel free to come earlier and chat. Our Red players only dream of 50 breaks so it would not be fair to them. We will see how you make out and go from there.
      That's a bit harsh, I'd imagine the likes of Terry etc are black ball players. Oma is just like yourself, he's got his own table and trying to learn the game. In fact I bet you played in more tournaments than he has. What colour are you Les? Doesn't seem fair on Oma. In uk we would just alter his handicap mark in the next tournament depending on how he gets on, every player got to start somewhere.

Comment

• Well that means Les will be a black, he's had a fifty break.
        You can't tell what standard Oma is at from a set up line up routine, that's miles away from playing match snooker. I'm with Markz, I feel you are pushing him into something you don't know he's ready for. He should be given the benefit of the doubt and placed in the Reds, if he comes through with flying colours move him up next tourney, that would be fairer.
        You moan you don't get enough interest over there, then seem to try your best to put someone off.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• I just dont think I stand a chance as a black player, Im gonna struggle with the reds as well as I have no tournament experience and I'm pretty sure I average the same breaks as them in match play.

Comment

Well here is the ad, looks like Oma's table and I am sure the background is the same as his videos.
            http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-other/c...ationFlag=true
            yeah ,, i see it !! Well ,, as you can see he is back and still alive !! So, nothing to worry about !!

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
              I just dont think I stand a chance as a black player, Im gonna struggle with the reds as well as I have no tournament experience and I'm pretty sure I average the same breaks as them in match play.
              Got to say Oma, entering would be a good experience for you but if your going to have to play off the highest level against people with more experience and possibly better than you anyway I wouldn't waste the entry fee and costs to get to the tournament. No way you should be classed as a black level player just on a couple of videos from a forum.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
                Got to say Oma, entering would be a good experience for you but if your going to have to play off the highest level against people with more experience and possibly better than you anyway I wouldn't waste the entry fee and costs to get to the tournament. No way you should be classed as a black level player just on a couple of videos from a forum.
                Thanks for the advice dude and I agree completely. I know what I'm capable of and its definitely not "black player" status, it really would be a waste of 40 bucks. I'm thinking I might just drop out or just come and watch instead to scope out the scene because my entry result seems very ominous.

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                  Thanks for the advice dude and I agree completely. I know what I'm capable of and its definitely not "black player" status, it really would be a waste of 40 bucks. I'm thinking I might just drop out or just come and watch instead to scope out the scene because my entry result seems very ominous.
                  I have sent an email to Terry to see what he thinks. I had one 52 against my son and I cannot recall if I have been over 24 in two years. I have played roughly 24 matches in the past two years. All 4-7 I have won one match and eight games in total. I normally drive 1-1/2 hours to get there then I get beat 4-0 and back in my truck in an hour. So you can guess I am a red player. Most of our red players can run 16 maybe 24 very seldom will we see a red player even run a 40. It's a tough decision but I am willing to put you in as a red for the first one. We will see what Terry says.
                  " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                  " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                  http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

I have sent an email to Terry to see what he thinks. I had one 52 against my son and I cannot recall if I have been over 24 in two years. I have played roughly 24 matches in the past two years. All 4-7 I have won one match and eight games in total. I normally drive 1-1/2 hours to get there then I get beat 4-0 and back in my truck in an hour. So you can guess I am a red player. Most of our red players can run 16 maybe 24 very seldom will we see a red player even run a 40. It's a tough decision but I am willing to put you in as a red for the first one. We will see what Terry says.
                    Appreciate the consideration Les. I think the whole Red and Black handicap is a little too vague, wouldnt a points handicap system be more fair/effective?

Comment

• Your memory is shocking Les, you had thirties and forties against your pal at his house just last year.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        Your memory is shocking Les, you had thirties and forties against your pal at his house just last year.
                        I'm sure he had 37 against his son this week.
                        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                          I'm sure he had 37 against his son this week.
                          I think our Les is losing the plot, to many things in his binder

Comment

Your memory is shocking Les, you had thirties and forties against your pal at his house just last year.
                            Yes I did at his house no pressure on a 5x10 snooker table with buckets for pockets. I am actually looking forward to this weekend as my challenges have gone well and been playing match tough against myself and running some 20's and 30's. I ran 5 reds and blues with the challenge this afternoon. I was really impressed.

Comment

I think our Les is losing the plot, to many things in his binder
                              Yes I did, I am ready to do some damage this weekend. I am going this weekend with a complete different attitude. I CAN DO THIS. I have not heard from Terry so I took it upon myself to change Oma to a Red.

Comment

Yes I did, I am ready to do some damage this weekend. I am going this weekend with a complete different attitude. I CAN DO THIS. I have not heard from Terry so I took it upon myself to change Oma to a Red.
                                I hope we dont play first round!

Comment

Working...
                                X