Master Blaster's Cueing Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you think of 5 reds below, J6?

I've managed that a couple of times but never in sequence.

I only ever do 5-5-5 reds or more frequently, and my favourite, 4-5-6 reds. 5 below in sequence is my ultimate goal
    #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

• okay well its up to you how much you wanna put in, but how ever you approach it as soon as your hand hits the cloth give it 110. if your positive and good to this game it will reward you
      enjoy
      Originally Posted by markz View Post
      Cheers, I do mainly play for fun but I do want my game to progress. Recently had 75 and 86 against couple of mates. Been playing about 3 years after a 20 year break from snooker. Not tried any sort of coaching but I'm tempted to book a coach just to help with the concentration side as well as the other benefits.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
        Cleared it a few times now, I always use 2 reds below the black and try get rid of them first.
        I do the exact same thing, start with the first red closest to the cushion with top spin two rails for the black.

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
          I do the exact same thing, start with the first red closest to the cushion with top spin two rails for the black.
          With cue ball in hand I just set up to pot the red nearest the cushion with a stun shot to finish same side high on black. Try to keep it as simple as I can.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
            The line up isn't much of a challenge according to my coach. Here's how you can make it meaningful. Line the balls up evenly spaced with the first and last ball 6 inches off the two rails. Put the balls in any sequence, 21 (!) straight pots. You don't need to pot a Red and then a colour, just pot all the balls where they lie. Sound easy?

The white ball is not allowed to come into contact with the cushions. If it does, start again, no ball replacement allowed, it must be done under pressure to help mgt of pressure! A 147 player couldn't do it in four attempts. Think you can? This should be easy if you're a coach, great player with a big high break or enthusiast who can clear the colours for a fifty. Let's see your cue and cue ball control then! Whose gonna be first to complete, Byrom, Pottr, TD, Deano, one of the coaches?

This exercise teaches precise cue ball control and use of the two 18" lines down the table as well as forethought of the shot sequence. Playing for an area is fatal!

Picture of the line-up: [ATTACH]17681[/ATTACH]
            Much easier then a line up and a waste of time IMO. However if you do it in order from top to bottom without hitting a cushion this will help you're game no end.

Comment

• Here's the advanced white ball control exercise for J6 and the other great players on here; the Vast Array. So what you have to do is pot the pink.........and move the white between reds 1 and 2, then 2 and 3, and so on. The pink on its spot is just off straight into the right black ball pocket. There are 5 gaps to make and you have to make them all in succession. Fail, start again. Once you've done that, you add the colours to the test as pictured. This adds weight to the test. You need to pot the pink, make the gap and contact the first colour but it must not cannon into the second colour. The gap between the two colours is half a ball, make it a full ball if you can't do half a ball to begin with. If you fail to make a cannon or the first colour touches the second, start again, it has to be done in a onner, the whole shebang. Once you've done the second part of the test, move the colours a further 12 inches out and repeat the test. Once again, if you fail on one cannon, you start again. And you need to pot the pink every time, so don't take your eyes off the pot! lol

Remember, harder than you think is a beautiful thing. Good luck TSF champions!

Challenge 1) The line-up without touching a cushion
              Challenge 2) The same as 1) but only using top spin
              Challenge 3) The Vast Array
              Last edited by Master Blaster; 21 March 2015, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• where did you get this vast array from blaster?

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                  where did you get this vast array from blaster?
                  Just go for it, I think you can do it. Ding would.

Comment

this is a very hard one to get right - I did use to practice something similar around the black - a Dell hill routine - I think this is a good one actually for positional sense just cueing to stun up and down centre white - looks easy but its very tough the further apart the balls get the white can arc if you get into it too much.

My guess is Mr Master Blaster is a coach or a very good player if he knows about this one - and obviously a wind up kind of guy having a laugh
                    Last edited by Byrom; 22 March 2015, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                      this is a very hard one to get right - I did use to practice something similar around the black - a Dell hill routine - I think this is a good one actually for positional sense just cueing to stun up and down centre white - looks easy but its very tough the further apart the balls get the white can arc if you get into it too much.

My guess is Mr Master Blaster is a coach or a very good player if he knows about this one - and obviously a wind up kind of guy having a laugh
                      Haha, I will come to the black later! Wise Byrom

Now have a go and do the video Byrom. And J6/Pottr/OM/TD/etc.

Comment

• why not do a line up without hitting a cushion? thats hard! 3 reds behind black, 6 between pink and black and 6 above pink. after you manage that do it hitting 1 cushion every shot

Comment

• please can you tell me where/who this training comes from and the relevance of it?

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                          Last edited by j6uk; 22 March 2015, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• like that, and hitting a cush after every shot really gets you cueing nice

Originally Posted by frazz View Post
                            why not do a line up without hitting a cushion? thats hard! 3 reds behind black, 6 between pink and black and 6 above pink. after you manage that do it hitting 1 cushion every shot

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                              like that, and hitting a cush after every shot really gets you cueing nice
                              We can come to cushions later. There are some good 2-cushion routines that will get you stunning and screwing like a pro.

Comment

Here's the advanced white ball control exercise for J6 and the other great players on here; the Vast Array. So what you have to do is pot the pink.........and move the white between reds 1 and 2, then 2 and 3, and so on. The pink on its spot is just off straight into the right black ball pocket. There are 5 gaps to make and you have to make them all in succession. Fail, start again. Once you've done that, you add the colours to the test as pictured. This adds weight to the test. You need to pot the pink, make the gap and contact the first colour but it must not cannon into the second colour. The gap between the two colours is half a ball, make it a full ball if you can't do half a ball to begin with. If you fail to make a cannon or the first colour touches the second, start again, it has to be done in a onner, the whole shebang. Once you've done the second part of the test, move the colours a further 12 inches out and repeat the test. Once again, if you fail on one cannon, you start again. And you need to pot the pink every time, so don't take your eyes off the pot! lol

Remember, harder than you think is a beautiful thing. Good luck TSF champions!

Challenge 1) The line-up without touching a cushion
                                Challenge 2) The same as 1) but only using top spin
                                Challenge 3) The Vast Array
                                Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                                Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                                please can you tell me where/who this training comes from and the relevance of it?
                                btw are you find it tricky to answer this post?

Comment

Working...
                                X