• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STAR Academy... Pottr's perspective

the plot thickens.....

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
      I'm just nipping out for an extra large bag of popcorn......
      Cinema sweet I hope!

Comment

if this was Eastenders this would be the Dum Dum Dum-dum-dum-du-dum moment..
        #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by GreenLife View Post
          Pottr,

First. Hello. I'm new to the forum.

I've spent a long while reading this post and every comment attached. I have quite a lot to say on it all but I will only go into that if you want.

This interested me as I was on the same course as your son so know what went on first hand, rather than seeing snippets.

Interesting what you have picked up and interesting what an outsiders perception of the course was.

One point to note quickly though. Like did get a certificate as I was there when he received it and had a group picture taken with it.
          Welcome to the forum GreenLife, would be interesting to know how your week went and what you thought of the academy and the coaching that you received.

Comment

Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
            Cinema sweet I hope!
            Yes mate,just waiting for the lights to dim now!
            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

The certificate wasn't with any of his belongings or anywhere near where he was playing? Not that it matters much in truth, I was merely replying to the website thing. If one was issued, great stuff.

By all means, share your perspective... At no point did I pose any questions, I merely posted my thoughts...

I look forward to reading yours. Quite fortunate really to have a second perspective... I mean, a new poster, coincidentally on the course and finding TSF 3 weeks after the event, and a week after my post...

Can't wait to hear you explain everything away in a nutshell and reassure us all that there was absolutely nothing wrong with what I received for my money and how I should be fortunate myself to have only shelled out ÂŁ600

The floor is yours.

Comment

Also, which child were you?

Comment

I was thinking of going to Star Academy for my annual 3 week snooker vacation but I'm having second thoughts now especially as I would rely on them for the accommodation. I have done this twice now with the SWSA and it wasn't too bad but I think they've gone out of that kind of business.
                  Terry Davidson
                  IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                    I was thinking of going to Star Academy for my annual 3 week snooker vacation but I'm having second thoughts now especially as I would rely on them for the accommodation. I have done this twice now with the SWSA and it wasn't too bad but I think they've gone out of that kind of business.
                    Fizzy pop's no good for you Tel
                    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Shouldn't be a problem to Terry... Surely he's on his second set of dentures by now? x

Comment

yes but have you seen him on the sugar and e# rush! not nice :biggrin:
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

So when you not playing snooker in practice playing snooker in matches organising events in snooker for your snooker organisation talking snooker to your friends or writing about snooker on the forum buying cues coaching snooker to your clients or watching snooker on line or at events you like to take a break from it all go on holiday every year and have a three week snooker vacation.

Variety is the spice of life
                          Last edited by Byrom; 7 September 2015, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                            So when you not playing snooker in practice playing snooker in matches organising events in snooker for your snooker organisation talking snooker to your friends or writing about snooker on the forum buying cues coaching snooker to your clients or watching snooker on line or at events you like to take a break from it all go on holiday every year and have a three week snooker vacation.

Variety is the spice of life
                            Hey!!! I read too! and not just snooker books. You see, my wife is an acclaimed international glass artist and that takes up around 120% of her time so I have to do something besides cut the grass or shovel the snow!
                            Terry Davidson

Comment

Hey!!! I read too! and not just snooker books. You see, my wife is an acclaimed international glass artist and that takes up around 120% of her time so I have to do something besides cut the grass or shovel the snow!
                              The secrets of NLP, snooker hypnotism, sports psychology and Ronnie O Sullivan's biography don't count Tel.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                                The secrets of NLP, snooker hypnotism, sports psychology and Ronnie O Sullivan's biography don't count Tel.
                                NLP is for salesmen, never tried hypnotism or sports psychology as I leave that to Nic Barrow. Just thrillers and mystery for me. Just started the latest Harry Bosch novel and have latest Jack Reacher on order for delivery tomorrow. I go through about 1 book every day or two.
                                Terry Davidson

Comment

Working...
                                X