cueing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    You have been listening to the wrong people far to long Les and you seem to hold these on a very high pedestal for some unknown reason. Without me getting another bashing from the heirachy I gave my advice Les and I'm well qualified to give this. That's enough form me.
    Leo, I think you took me way to serious as I was just kidding around. I only wish I could cue as smooth and so straight as J6 does.
    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

If I'm being a little critique I think he unnecessary go though the ball to much and easily lose simple position, I think the short game around the Reds might cause him problems, just my opinion so don't all jump on me like usual.
      Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      you might be on to something here though its not clear what you mean, any chance you puting a little vid up to make it clear what your on about?
      id only like to know what it is your getting at leo cus this just might be something iv missed from my game.
      so if you could explane in words or even better at the table in a video that would be good info for everyone looking in on the thread

Comment

id only like to know what it is your getting at leo cus this just might be something iv missed from my game.
        so if you could explane in words or even better at the table in a video that would be good info for everyone looking in on the thread
        All I was getting at was you seem to be using the same power every shot yet still going through the cue ball the same on every shot and not adjusting the amount you go through it, this was obvious on your line up where a red will always be on but in a game positioning would have to be more controlled.
        I'm not having a go by the way

Comment

All I was getting at was you seem to be using the same power every shot yet still going through the cue ball the same on every shot and not adjusting the amount you go through it, this was obvious on your line up where a red will always be on but in a game positioning would have to be more controlled.
          I'm not having a go by the way
          yeah im with you, i get it.. i can only say that would be more about pace through the white than distance, depending on the shot in hand. but iv lernt how to work the cue ball an feel its the most consistant way to get right on most shots.. but if i was out of position in those vids i will try better next time
          iv not played for a few weeks cus of the neck but, i will do an edit of some well timed shots to illastrate my point a bit later
          Last edited by j6uk; 22 October 2015, 04:05 PM.

Comment

yeah im with you, i get it.. i can only say that would be more about pace through the white than distance, depending on the shot in hand
            iv not played for a few weeks cus of the neck but, i will do an edit of some well timed shots to illastrate my point a bit later
            Exactly depending what shot in hand, I remember when I started I used to try the line up and give myself a 12 inch boundary and outside of that I'd start again, This is great for controlling the cue ball

Comment

Exactly depending what shot in hand, I remember when I started I used to try the line up and give myself a 12 inch boundary and outside of that I'd start again, This is great for controlling the cue ball
              not sure if you saw this but i found it to be pretty good, what do you recon?

[/QUOTE]
              Last edited by j6uk; 22 October 2015, 04:19 PM.

Comment

not sure if you saw this but i found it to be pretty good, what do you recon?

[/QUOTE]

No hadn't seen this one, you made the white more your own in this one and your timing was a lot better

Comment

No hadn't seen this one, you made the white more your own in this one and your timing was a lot better
                  objectivly i looked a bit steadier but the timing seamed worse, and i looked like i was clubbing the ball around half the time

Comment

objectivly i looked a bit steadier but the timing seamed worse, and i looked like i was clubbing the ball around half the time
                    I think we may be in different pages mate, clubbing the ball around as you say looked more natural then the other video

Comment

• Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                      I think we may be in different pages mate, clubbing the ball around as you say looked more natural then the other video
                      i think your right, an what your rightly seeing as natural is a player looking quite steady and confident after a few more hours at the table.
                      thanks for the input
                      Last edited by j6uk; 23 October 2015, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• Just thought I'd add a little video to this thread for anybody that is interested again. I made a 147 in the T exercise today. Take a look!

WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• very nice ted, i was holding out to the end for a few exhibition shots on the colors but they never came.. next time ay

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                            very nice ted, i was holding out to the end for a few exhibition shots on the colors but they never came.. next time ay
                            Ha! Cheers! I don't know how to play exhibition shots though
                            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Nice video again ted, can see all your practice is paying off. Looking confident on every shot, good technique so you can just concentrate on the balls and nothing else.

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                                Ha! Cheers! I don't know how to play exhibition shots though
                                sure you got a few case ones.. like it though man an hope to see more of the same
                                dont know about you but i think it would be really good if some of the other prolific posters to put up some videos, if only to put a game next to their words

Comment

Working...
                                X