No announcement yet.

cueing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great stuff J6, just came on today and have raked through your stuff, really great to see you helping. Took me a good half a dozen pinks before I realised what you were doing, I can't have been the only one who was thinking why is he playing that shot, until the penny dropped lol.I was feeling full of myself having cleared the T line up half a dozen times in the past week or so, then saw Ted doing a 147 on it ! , I never liked him lol. I do four either side of pink ,five between P&B and two below.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Stephen Lee was outstanding. That is such a nice video to watch. It's amazing how you tent to forget how good someone was as they are not fresh in your memory.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        Great stuff J6, just came on today and have raked through your stuff, really great to see you helping. Took me a good half a dozen pinks before I realised what you were doing, I can't have been the only one who was thinking why is he playing that shot, until the penny dropped lol.I was feeling full of myself having cleared the T line up half a dozen times in the past week or so, then saw Ted doing a 147 on it ! , I never liked him lol. I do four either side of pink ,five between P&B and two below.
        Could be i'm wrong, but I hav'nt see your posts here for a while !!
        welcome back.

Comment

• hii
          i accelerate gradually and have long a long backswin but always get unintensional ri8 hand side plx help ....sorry my english is not strong

Comment

• i accelerate gradually and have a long backswing but always get unintensional ri8 hand side plx help ....sorry my english is not strong

Comment

Great stuff J6, just came on today and have raked through your stuff, really great to see you helping. Took me a good half a dozen pinks before I realised what you were doing, I can't have been the only one who was thinking why is he playing that shot, until the penny dropped lol.I was feeling full of myself having cleared the T line up half a dozen times in the past week or so, then saw Ted doing a 147 on it ! , I never liked him lol. I do four either side of pink ,five between P&B and two below.

Nice to see you're alive and well
              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by cheegu View Post
                i accelerate gradually and have a long backswing but always get unintensional ri8 hand side plx help ....sorry my english is not strong
                are you sure you are striking the cue ball right in the middle? if so, there shouldnt be any side. it could also mean you are already cueing across the ball but striking it at the middle.

Comment

Good to see you back Jim. Any more sessions with Chris?

Comment

thanks man, yes well action speeks louder than words so i thought i would start building on some of what iv written here in the past. just putting pieces together
                    anyway looks like youve ben getting your head down and making improvements, any chance you posting a video showing us where your at?

Comment

• Hi chaps, yes I have been getting my head down as my game had gone to pieces listening to too many people, tinkering all the time,I see nothing has changed on here and we can still have a huge thread on how to look at a ball lol, I needed to clear everything out.GG I went and saw Chris again and he confirmed what I knew, I had stopped getting through the ball and when playing any shot with pace I was coming around my chest to make way for my cue,because I was trying to force everything, these were faults I never had when I first picked up a cue, he showed me what I needed to do and I came home and practiced and practiced, and eventually it clicked, I have no effort in my cueing, I have no difference in grip pressure all the way through and I watch my cue come back in a straight line ,pause and let it come through on the line instead of trying to force it through, so it's more a positive glide right through using a long backswing for pace but the same shot pace,if that makes sense and finish in the same place on the chest,everything is slower and smoother from first feather right through to completion, of course it goes wrong sometimes but I can feel the slightest mistake now, even if I pot the ball I can feel the slight mistakes in my cueing. I have had another three fifty breaks and a disputed one that I thought was fifty bang on but was called a forty nine lol, my high break is still fifty four which I have equalled twice but one was a clearance so there wasn't much I could do about it . These have come in the last six weeks to two months as my game has just snowballed getting better and better and it feels like I improve a little bit every day, when I play lads in the club that I would have rated a fifty fifty game a couple of months ago I'm hardly losing a frame and winning sessions 10-0 , 10-2 around that region, I clear the T line up regularly now and have a little routine Chris showed me on the black which is great for concentration and that's two reds below and two above the black and just make the highest break you can ,replacing the balls as you pot them, I'm trying to make a five hundred but I'm a long way off that at 206 ( I know that doesn't add up right but I have obviously lost count somewhere but that's what I had counted to when I missed) I make over a hundred doing this all the time but up around the two hundred is rare, it's a long long way believe me when you try it.
                      When I was up at Chris's , Scott Donaldson was practicing and during dinner I was watching him, what a cueist!, nearly made me just put my cue straight in the bin as I'm wasting my time, it was a total pleasure to watch this lad play and I will look out for him in the future and hope he gets back up the rankings.
                      J6 if I could I would stick a video up straight away as I'm playing well just now, but I just can't do it in the club, it's too dark, if I can think of a way I will try to do it maybe even if I can put the camera on the table under the lights and just get the bottom half of the table in, it would be enough to let you see what I'm doing, I will see what I can do.
                      I'm really liking all your doing on here now, have read your cue making thread as well and that's fantastic, also the cueing aid, I like that and it might go in my Crimbo list lol.

Comment

• So many think they drive through the cue ball,, but don't..If your driving through you don't over hit the shots which give you more chance of pots and breaks. Its a simple fact of snooker.
                        JP Majestic
                        3/4
                        57"
                        17oz
                        9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                          i find hitting the ball at the sameish pace can bring as you put it constants into your game an make for better timing. somthing im still struggling with for now
                          I thought we were going to get a 147 there in order as well , could I ask what shots had bits of side, I thought I only seen a few, looked mostly up and down the middle of the cue ball, looked like second red, check , and last red had a load on, but any others, was there traces of reverse on a couple of straightish blacks, sometimes hard to judge from the angles of filming.

Comment

I thought we were going to get a 147 there in order as well , could I ask what shots had bits of side, I thought I only seen a few, looked mostly up and down the middle of the cue ball, looked like second red, check , and last red had a load on, but any others, was there traces of reverse on a couple of straightish blacks, sometimes hard to judge from the angles of filming.
                            i think i had some on 8, 10th black an i needed a bit more to get the right side of the last red to get back for the last black to max.
                            i remeber needing the toilet an i was just clubbing them in, cueing too fast through the white.. anyway, not the first and wont be the last to miss max

Comment

• It seems to me that posters are becoming obsessed with ""side"" a bit too much on discussing break building. Side is not needed as much as some seem to think.
                              Jmo...
                              JP Majestic
                              3/4
                              57"
                              17oz
                              9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                                It seems to me that posters are becoming obsessed with ""side"" a bit too much on discussing break building. Side is not needed as much as some seem to think.
                                Jmo...
                                Always played too much side over the years, have been making a concerted effort this year to play less and less.

Whenever I look back at missed pots in a match that were crucial, there was generally a bit of side under pressure and the rhythm was solid enough to get it right.

Tooo Riissskkky.
                                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X